Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Animated Suicide.

Like This Thread!
    While there are occasional deaths in American Animated, how often does suicide occur?

And I mean the character dies as a result of suicide, not attempting it and decides to go on living.

So far, the only one I recall is Spider-Carnage on Spider-Man TAS. He hops into a portal that leads to his death, because he couldn't rid himself of the Carnage Symbiote.

Batman Beyond "Meltdown" Mr. Freeze successfully attempts suicide after discovering that his new body was reverting to the condition of his old one. He does so, by bringing down a building on himself, and there's a hole in his suit.
    Last edited by Antiyonder; 02-08-2006 at 10:58 AM.
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There were several Looney Tunes I remember in my youth about characters taking a gun and shooting themselves in the head, but nowadays I sincerely doubt you'll see those cartoons.

Family Guy once had an episode where Meg joined a cult and the cult killed themselves.

In Perchance to Dream on BTAS Batman commited suicide in his dream life by jumping off a clock tower.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

MonkeyFunk is offline Kids and grown-ups love me so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Something I heard about Lion King 2:

Spoiler:
    In the end, the villainess is clinging to a cliff. Originally, she was meant to let go deliberately, because she didn't want to give in to the good guys; however, at the kast minute, this was edited to make it look like she falls off by accident. (Spolier tags used even though revealing that a Disney villain dies by falling from a great hight really isn't much of a spoiler )

Er, would Frank Grimes count, or would you consider his death accidental?

An old Disney comic has Mickey Mouse trying to kill himself several times. He eventually gives up, so it doesn't really count for this topic, but it's still kind of shocking to see nowadays.
    The Daily Express is a conservative, British tabloid newspaper. It is a middle-market title, the flagship title of Express Newspapers and is currently owned by Richard Desmond. As of December 2008, it has a circulation of 728,296.

Spongebrain2.0 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am positive South Park has done numerous suicides, just can't remember them
    "Michael Ian Black loves Motor Scooters"

"In his entire term as President of the Residence board, Bob Feldman has NEVER stated his opinion on motor scooters....NEVER STATED HIS OPINION ON MOTOR SCOOTERS!?!?!?!"-Stella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebrain2.0
    Same for Ren & Stimpy.
    Don't try to fix it if you don't know how to make it.
    But I like giant robot bug trouble! - Coop

Ultra Mike is offline 1000 Posts = Woot Or Something
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You must be thinking specifcally of the "Super Best Friends" episode where the David Blaine Cult preformed Mass sucide in order to get tax emept status in Washington. A lot of people did actually preform the sucide and die although no main characters succeeded at it. (Eric Cartman tried but kept pussying out at the last second).

Not to mention in Futurama they have suicide booths, seen specifically in the pilot where Bender (along with Fry) nearly killed themselves.
    Well That's 1000 Posts Down And...

... Guess However many left I have until I get too annoying to be kept around and got banned or something.

Sandoz is offline Thin Man Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mike
    You must be thinking specifcally of the "Super Best Friends" episode where the David Blaine Cult preformed Mass sucide in order to get tax emept status in Washington. A lot of people did actually preform the sucide and die although no main characters succeeded at it. (Eric Cartman tried but kept pussying out at the last second).
    There was also a recent episode (unfortunately I can't recall which one) wherein the Mayor pointed a gun at her temple and blew her brains out, though she was very much alive and had a bandage around her head in a later scene.
    "As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness that was very pleasurable, until I realized that it wasn't a nectarine at all, but a HUMAN HEAD."
    ~Jack Handey

Spongebrain2.0 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandoz
    There was also a recent episode (unfortunately I can't recall which one) wherein the Mayor pointed a gun at her temple and blew her brains out, though she was very much alive and had a bandage around her head in a later scene.
    And the owner of Wall-Mart blew his brains out too. AND HOW could we forget Kenny sacrificing himself for the rest of the world at the end of "South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut"
    "Michael Ian Black loves Motor Scooters"

"In his entire term as President of the Residence board, Bob Feldman has NEVER stated his opinion on motor scooters....NEVER STATED HIS OPINION ON MOTOR SCOOTERS!?!?!?!"-Stella

Matt-a-Tastic is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    8 posts and no-ones mentioned the sucide attempt in "The Incredibles"

Surely someone getting comminting sucide in a U/G rated movie is MUCH more memorable than in an adult cartoon like South Park or Family Guy

Alex Toon is offline Tails wishes a happy 15th!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebrain2.0
    AND HOW could we forget Kenny sacrificing himself for the rest of the world at the end of "South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut"
    I wouldn't call his scarifice "suicide", just "martyring"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast