Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Killtacular is offline the race wars had begun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Animation Domination: The Simpsons - "Don't Fear the Roofer" (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Winding down to the season finale (next week), FOX is just gonna run back to back Simpsons premieres. Don't know why. They'd get more mileage airing a premiere followed by a rerun, but I don't make the decisions here.

TONIGHT'S EPISODE (1 of 2):

Homer befriends a roofer (voiced by Ray Romano) whom Marge thinks is imaginary.

Here are the rules for Animation Domination talkbacks:

- NO POLITICAL TALK. You can discuss the events in the episode, but the first sign of a debate over political issues will likely be targetted by the mods and dealt with. I'm not changing this rule. DEAL WITH IT.

- The same goes for senseless bashing. Negative opinions are perfectly fine (I relish in them) but if you think you can just walk into a thread and say "Why does anyone watch the Simpsons it's gay and those people are gay" (you'd probably get severely warned for this) then you can forget it. Spare it for one of the millions of "What do you think of The Simpsons" threads that have been posted here long before you registered, and long after you leave this site. And long after this site crumbles to the ground. Robots will generate discussion when mankind falls.

- I am probably not going to talk in these talkbacks. Noone wants to hear my opinion. So I'll just say this now: Family Guy is funny right off the bat, I hear American Dad takes a few episodes to get off the ground, and The Simpsons................................ yeah, par for the course. I know better than to discuss THAT again.

Yash is offline dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't like the first act. Frink's Bill Cosby explanation didn't make me laugh, some other fall-flat jokes were there (Bart WANTING to go to college?), yeah...

Act 2 made me laugh in some parts. The angry-Marge painting on the side, the cellphone ad joke, and Homer falling off the roof, I found funny.

CyberCubed is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ha ha, this was a great episode.

One of the best ones in years.

SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Solid first act. The leaky roof antics played out better than I expected. But that's more of a "not bad" thing than a positive good. "HOMER + BEER = PRESIDENT", however... Magnifique!

I'm not sure how I feel about Santa's Little Helper getting senior citizen-ized (or Lisa), seemed a little weird. But the punchline with the old guys talking was funny. "We've had that dog for as long as I can remember." "What dog?" "Who the hell are you?" "I wish I knew..."
    Also funny was Homer dancing on the roof and then falling off.
    The plot seems to be holding up pretty well so far.

"Whoa, my subconscious is a genius!"
    Well... at the end I'd say the whole was less than the sum of its parts. The plot didn't really get lost, there were good gags, no really bad gags... yet something was definitely missing.
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't like the beginning, too mean-sprited. But then the middle and end worked well enough. Ray's guest character actually worked well. Despite not watching his show, he's a likeable guy.

Kenshin5000 is offline It > 9,000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That Stephen Hawking explanation at the end owned.

A suprisingly good episode, but I think we may be let down by the next one: Bart has a heart attack? Seriously.

Eddie G. is offline Former Wolf/Writer.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The overall episode was average, but there were some really funny moments like the old Jewish guy and Grandpa's memory loss bit.

Shark is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Average episode. Enjoyed the Hot Wheels track gag, though.

Dark Fact is offline Preaching evil since '04
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stephen Hawking made that explanation so factual. If it is fact, I'll be really frightened!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Highwind
    "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST--Here comes a new challenger, we're gonna get one hell of a show! Which one of these fighters will walk away a champion?!"

Lehteb is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wilson
    Here are the rules for Animation Domination talkbacks:

- NO POLITICAL TALK. You can discuss the events in the episode, but the first sign of a debate over political issues will likely be targetted by the mods and dealt with. I'm not changing this rule. DEAL WITH IT.

- The same goes for senseless bashing. Negative opinions are perfectly fine (I relish in them) but if you think you can just walk into a thread and say "Why does anyone watch the Simpsons it's gay and those people are gay" (you'd probably get severely warned for this) then you can forget it. Spare it for one of the millions of "What do you think of The Simpsons" threads that have been posted here long before you registered, and long after you leave this site. And long after this site crumbles to the ground. Robots will generate discussion when mankind falls.

- I am probably not going to talk in these talkbacks. Noone wants to hear my opinion. So I'll just say this now: Family Guy is funny right off the bat, I hear American Dad takes a few episodes to get off the ground, and The Simpsons................................ yeah, par for the course. I know better than to discuss THAT again.
    This is why I hardly come here anymore.

Sayonara, suckers!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast