Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

King of the Hill "Care-Takin' Care of Business" Talkback (3-13)

Like This Thread!

Once again, good stuff. They developed the character of "Lucky" further and Luanne reverted to crazy trailer-trash tastes in men again. He's no Buckley though. "hey." "no, they're for me, for later." Ah, Buckley.....we need his angel back for another episode.

Sadly, the station that was broadcasting this one goofed up and hit a wrong button, showing two local ads over Act 2 starting with the radio interview. I missed about two minutes....what happened in there?
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Act...Two? Uh, I'm not sure what you missed. Maybe the part where Hank and co. start tending to the field?

Anyway, good episode. Although Lucky may not be Buckley, I laughed every time Luanne said the word "redneck". It just sounded so funny.

The best part of the episode was Hank's clothesline to Dale.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Missed this one- I was writing a paper for class.
    "Ah, crusty pants, a filthy wall, good morning!"

Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan
    Act...Two? Uh, I'm not sure what you missed. Maybe the part where Hank and co. start tending to the field?
    TV shows are divided into "acts" because of the commercial breaks. Act 2 was between ad breaks 1 and 2.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was okay, but as I care about Luanne it was VERY disappointing that she fell for another trashy guy. At least Buckley was her age.

The episode was okay but KotH has done so many episodes like this in the past. The crazy old guy, the solution of using a little-known rule, this is all old hat. Still, King of the Hill is miles better than most stuff on television. ***1/2.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Jon Hanson is offline Mr. Misery
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really liked it and thought it was miles ahead of tonights Simpsons. Not the best episode ever, but still highly enertaining. I love how the show has stayed true to it's roots and is still entertaing after all these years. Oh no, it would apear that I have gotten off topic. Anyways, as far as KotH goes I'd give it a B. A solid and entertainging episode.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianinvader
    TV shows are divided into "acts" because of the commercial breaks. Act 2 was between ad breaks 1 and 2.
    I knew that, I was just trying to remember what you could've missed. My mind just sorta clumps the whole thing together. Maybe you missed something with Luanne and Lucky's friends.

Fone, I'm going to have to agree with you on re-used plots. The field guy reminded me of that crazy barber.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman