I think the top issues that are out therre that have been done by Animations are as follows (in No Particluar Order):
Originally Posted by Zorak Masaki
1. Handguns and Gun Safety. (Static Shock, Gargoyles, and Bravestarr (Way back in the 1980's)
2. Drugs. (Here they've done a couple of Shows, including "Cartoon All Stars")
3. Handicapbable people (Disney has done a couple of Episodes like this, Kim Possible, Gargoyles, and even Darkwing Duck)
4.Body Image (Brace Face did this in an episode Called "Skin Deep" and The Real Ghostbusters did something like that in season 6 (Called "Janine is that you?) There are others just tying to find the examples here...
5. Shop Lifiting.. only one Braceface Episode comes to mind..(Maria Steals a ring from a Store..)
The Least done items are
6.Teen Alcoholism (Braceface adressed this in Miami Vices)
7. Teen Pregnancy and of course the three letter word we can't mention. (Braceface also did a couple episodes like that).
8. and of course Gang Violence (only one case of this and it was in a Captin Planet show..)
but there are other issues that Haven't been discussed on Cartoons and in fact the Reason why they haven't been discussed are probably because of the issues that they do discuss (I mean they approach the Teen Alcoholism and Pregnancy issues with "Kids Gloves" because of the fact that they feel that a lot of Kids are watching.. hence the issue on this..so really there's very few issues Cartoons haven't touched.. but if there are some I'd like to know if Cartoon makers are keeping away from these issues because of the "Topical Nature" of the issue, or is it that they are having Questions about "how to present this..)
Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.
Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?
Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.