Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Spongebrain2.0 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"South Park"-Episode 810:"Preschool"-(11/10/04)

Like This Thread!

Allllllllllright, finally an SP episode NOT about a current event, Me SO Happy!
    "Michael Ian Black loves Motor Scooters"

"In his entire term as President of the Residence board, Bob Feldman has NEVER stated his opinion on motor scooters....NEVER STATED HIS OPINION ON MOTOR SCOOTERS!?!?!?!"-Stella

MovieGuy is offline Lost Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the trailer for the episode...

http://www.mrhankey.net/810.mp4

Lame trailer, but I have high hopes for the episode.

PS: Sorry if the trailer doesn't work it's from another site.

LOST

Schedule

The Greater Good

ALL NEW Wednesday May 4th 8/7c

wrenchien is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whaa, i just got up from my nap.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    ----------------

Pre-School: Episode 810

----------------
    For five long years, Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Cartman and Butters have kept a secret about an illegal incident that happened back in pre-school. Now, the kid who took the fall for the group, Trent Boyett, is getting out of “juvie” and his first order of business is revenge.

----------------

ok. discuss this when it's over. though i have my doubts that this will be more than a one-view episode, that i'll probably skip over for all its future airings.. if the 5 main boys get 'punishment'.

NickWhiz1 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, preschool Cartman and preschool Kyle fighting.

...Oh snap.

This will NOT end well.

Butters gets picked off first

Well gee, getting stuck in the middle of the road like that. Cliche as they come.

OK, I know they're trying to imply the 6th graders are stupid, but how could they NOT tell those were fake? Are they THAT desperate? Geez, just go on the damn internet

Heh, typical South Park-esque ending. Deus Ex Machina at work, followed by the dumbass 6th graders again.

I don't think I laughed once throughout this entire episode, and I'm probably one of the most easily amused people on ToonZone.
    Last edited by NickWhiz1; 11-10-2004 at 10:31 PM.

...I've got nothing.

wrenchien is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i admit i typed this whole thing out. there you feel better...

oooohhh my goodness, they had something in common!?! and not just friendship??!

aww they're cute. awww, cartman is baby cute. nice hammer.. yay.

ooh my , who started fire and put it out!??! burnn!!

aahh! nice trek homage there. that's one mean kid there getting out of the school, and butters has all the right to hide. where's professor chaos when he needs himself!??!

i know they kinda didn't do that 5 years ago.. they did something more depressing!?!?

aww, they almost killed butters, the baster!!!

there's the punks from the lotr episode. boy, are they circling, perverted, pretending they have motors on their cycles. and my goodness.. cartman really should have bribed those kids with jet black mounting you, not 'uh', lesser soda.

ohhh my , her chair ran out of power. i'm surprised she wasn't spluttered....

wow, they're going to give those kids the rear instead of the uh, chest.

uhh.. you think they might not grow up more than they have?!?!

ooops, they all got almost killed, the basters.

tutuuuuurrrrr... aahh. wow, that poor woman suffered some more at those kid's hands, huh!?! wierd.

well, i guess they got another 5 years to live, huh? ...

7 to 10. with some chance of parole and lots of uhh.. texas whatever.

if i had a hammer.. well, maybe i do,

wrenchien

p.s. and don't think i didn't notice the futurama reference of their own star trek parody when the lady was thought to have said 'double yes' at the end...

dawnyoshi is offline Lurking and hating since 2002!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i really just don't like this series anymore...these episodes just seem kinda lame, with my only laughs coming from the "mother's breasts" and the 6th graders. Other than that, kinda lame. =/

Drawn Together is actually funnier than South Park this week. According to the opinion of many here, that's kind of sad.
    Matt is right. Television now officially sucks. This factor was finalized when Cartoon Network's age-old "Jim Carrey Network" joke from a decade ago became a reality.

David Lucas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Parker and Stone couldn't keep it up forever, this episode sucked.

A few chuckes at the hospital parody, but that's about it.

Damn.

"In an universe where nothing that we do matters, the only thing that matters is what we do."

Spongebrain2.0 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnyoshi
    i really just don't like this series anymore...these episodes just seem kinda lame, with my only laughs coming from the "mother's breasts" and the 6th graders. Other than that, kinda lame. =/

Drawn Together is actually funnier than South Park this week. According to the opinion of many here, that's kind of sad.
    Trey & Matt said that If the rest of this season isn't up to par with the past seasons, not to freak out because they are exhausted from working on "Team America", so cut them some slack. This episode was pretty funny actually, funnier than what people here are saying!
    "Michael Ian Black loves Motor Scooters"

"In his entire term as President of the Residence board, Bob Feldman has NEVER stated his opinion on motor scooters....NEVER STATED HIS OPINION ON MOTOR SCOOTERS!?!?!?!"-Stella

Johnny Cakes is offline "Gutter Calypso"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was alright, I thought the way they got the photograph was pretty funny.
    www.guttercalypso.com Check out my band!

Auggie Doggie is offline Timmy Turner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I kinda had high hopes for this chapter of the ongoing "South Park" saga. The whole idea of the characters dealing with such a harsh item from the past was such a great concept. I'm really a sucker for these kinds of stories where you see the boys at different ages. But there was too many scenes of the teacher who was affected by the boys and their refusal to accept responsibility for their actions. I think we could have done without the gags with her in her wheelchair encountering the townsfolk. And I think the ending could have been better. It just recycled the joke from earlier in the episode, while it might have been potentially funnier if they used an old standard, maybe with the boys five more years later (it would have been fun to see them as teenagers). Other than that, I guess this show was okay, and it fufilled some of my expectations.
    I think Scooby-Doo is knida over-rated and all of the HB Dogs should be praised.
    Wouldn't it be great if their could be more Peanuts specials on DVD?
    It was just what my career needed - I was at the top and now I'm at the bottom.
    -Halle Berry, after "winning" the Razzie Award for Worst Actress

The Landstander is offline Thanks ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm

Really not anything great, only a few laughs, but I enjoyed that this episode followed an actual storyline in a time when SP is usually "SOCIAL COMMENTARY!!1" (not that the social commentary is bad, just nice to see an actual storyline).

But yeah, still not feeling it.
    ~_~

Behonkiss is offline Just put an X here and here...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This recent batch of South Park is like The Simpsons: Better than almost everything else on TV, but a hollow shell of its former self.I'll wait till next season, though.

Bubblegum Girl is offline Magic User Wannabe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hated the ending. The guys were going to tell the turth but once the police came they pinned it on Trent! Even teacher said no but the police was obviously stupid....

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum Girl
    I hated the ending. The guys were going to tell the turth but once the police came they pinned it on Trent! Even teacher said no but the police was obviously stupid....
    What do you expect from a force whose main officer, Barbrady, is an idiot (BTW, where was Barbrady during the two incidents where the teacher was set on fire).

As for the episode itself, while the ending (with the teacher getting set on fire again) could have been better, the episode was still a hoot thanks to the flashback of the boys as pre-schoolers and the bit where the 6th-graders mistake Cartman's butt for a pair of boobs.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

Sandoz is offline Thin Man Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not superb, but I thought it was the best of the new season so far. Got a kick out of the cute yet evil pre-school boys, and the ending with the teacher was all kinds of wrong but hilarious anyway.
    "As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness that was very pleasurable, until I realized that it wasn't a nectarine at all, but a HUMAN HEAD."
    ~Jack Handey

Johnny Cakes is offline "Gutter Calypso"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did preschool Butters remind anyone else about the baby girl rabbit from Disney's Robin Hood?
    www.guttercalypso.com Check out my band!

lostrune is offline Detective Rachel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, they took the "beep beep" = "yes yes" from Futurama's Zap Brannigan ("double yes").

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best episode of the season so far.

Those lil' South Parkers were cute although I admit it WAS disquieting hearing Cartman's racist bigotry come out of the mouth of an actual little kid.

Man, sixth graders are stupid. I loved how they took Cartman and his ass-boobs behind the bushes. It was pretty funny when Stan and Kyle worried that THEY were going to become that lame.

Trent getting all his possessions back from juvie was a riot particularly the revenge switchblade and the vengeance tatooes he was sporting.

A Star Trek: The Menagerie parody! Sweet! Oh, no wait it's a Futurama parody. Or homage. Or rip-off. Whatever. The Simpsons has "borrowed" so many jokes from South Park that it's only fair to return the favor to Matt Groening.

Best part of the episode was easily Kenny volunteering to take a picture of Stan's mom naked. Funny Stuff. Score: ****.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Shnay is offline Ne'er-Do-Well
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lostrune
    Heh, they took the "beep beep" = "yes yes" from Futurama's Zap Brannigan ("double yes").
    Quote Originally Posted by Fone Bone
    A Star Trek: The Menagerie parody! Sweet! Oh, no wait it's a Futurama parody. Or homage. Or rip-off. Whatever.
    I thought of that Futurama scene too, but I doubt South Park took the idea from there. Most normal people don't remember every scene from cartoons like we might. Just a coincidence, nothing to see here folks, move along.

As for this episode, I found myself enjoying it. My standards have probably been lowered with last season and the last two episodes, because there wasn't all that much too be seen here. A few decent scenes between a lot of dead air doesn't make a good episode, yet I was still pretty satisfied when it was all said and done. I also think the point Landstander makes about having a straight story without a speak-into-the-camera-moral at the end is a very nice and welcome change of pace.

If the rest of the season is like this, I won't be thrilled, but I'll be watching.
    Toon Zone Book Club: Now reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
    Give a hoot, read a book.

Conan-san is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TnAdct1
    What do you expect from a force whose main officer, Barbrady, is an idiot (BTW, where was Barbrady during the two incidents where the teacher was set on fire).

As for the episode itself, while the ending (with the teacher getting set on fire again) could have been better, the episode was still a hoot thanks to the flashback of the boys as pre-schoolers and the bit where the 6th-graders mistake Cartman's butt for a pair of boobs.
    Well, to be fair, Wiggum ain't a genius ether, (See him pining Bob for Cecil's dirty work in that dam episode)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast