Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Deadly Messiah is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TMNT Space Invaders Part 2 Talkback

Like This Thread!
    I didn't see a topic on this yet, so I'd thought I'd make one.

So what did you guys think of Part 2? If it weren't for the Justice Force, I would've said it was an awesome episode. Due to that though, I'm dropping it down a notch, so it gets a 3.5/5 from me.

It was nice to see Shredder though.

Was this a 3 or 4 parter?

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Messiah
    So what did you guys think of Part 2? If it weren't for the Justice Force, I would've said it was an awesome episode. Due to that though, I'm dropping it down a notch, so it gets a 3.5/5 from me.

It was nice to see Shredder though.

Was this a 3 or 4 parter?
    It's technically a 3 parter, but it continues directly into another 3-part arc, so I'm guessing the whole things gonna be 6 parts (kinda like how the utrom arc was 10 episodes from search for splinter to secret origins)

I loved the appearance by the Justice Force, as it affirms speculation by The Big Bad and others here that other factions would get involved. Their space battle is reminiscient of JL's Starcrossed, even though the storyboarding isn't nearly as good and the Justice Force is defeated (I laughed when that happened, Justice League this team ain't)

Cameo by Shredder (dudes in Japan now!), always the schemer.

I love how Bejing was ripped from the ground Not only does it give the arc a more epic feel (not everything takes place in NYC), but I believe it also sets up an episode later in the season.

They stole the covert infiltration bit from Star Wars (and more specifically ESB and Shadows of the Empire), but at least they acknowledged it.

I have some minor nitpicks with the episode, but most noticibly was that unecessarily long fighter chase in the middle. Otherwise, this was another awesome episode. 4.5 stars.
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

kaine23 is offline Gurren Brigade member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice fight with the Justice Force and good to see Shredder's cameo.
    "Name's Duo Maxwell, I may run and hide but I never tell a lie, except for that time I put itching powder in Father Maxwell's shorts, but we won't get into that."

Space Lion is offline It's a lion!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GO TRICERATONS!!!

You puny mammals don't stand a chance. Justice Force? Nice try. Nuclear weapons? Yeah, right. There are too many, they're too strong, and they have nice weapons... one of which is capable of taking your planet apart, piece by piece!

Casey Jones, I never liked you. Go ahead and lead a weak rebellion against the Triceratons. I look forward to seeing them lay a serious smackdown on you... again!

More Triceratons, more destruction... more enjoyment for me. Great episode.
    - DVD & BD
    - PSN: Space_Lion

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn. I missed the first half of the episode. Still, from what I saw, it was good. I guess April isn't going to be experimented upon...
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

wrenchien is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    justice force, huh?

... ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode. I did think some parts dragged on a bit, but overall very good.

I loved the cameos by the Justice Force and Shredder. I was afraid they'd forget about them. Nuclear bombs didn't work either.

And did you guys forget the most important thing? Donatello was shown to the entire United Nations! The TMNT's low profile has come to an end it seems.

Casey was also hilarious, with his "You, you'll probably get vaporized" speech. Did Mikey kill that Triceraton in the beginning with the grenade?

Overall pretty good. Sometimes I wish this show could cross over with the DC animated universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I remember one of the later episodes having to do with the Beijing story line. That being said the nukes blowing up in the upper atmosphere should be brought up in later episodes as well. I Don't see something like that just being forgotten.

Great episode.

Mikey killing a Tricaratron in cold blood (Pulling the pins off of his grenades while he is still wearing them. People don't survive something like that.)

The Justice force, yeah sort of pointless but it shows that this is a global problem (Ok the Beijing side plot and the United Nation's meeting already showed that.) What I mean is it would be more pointless if heroes like the Silver Sentery did not show up to fight.

Anyway 4.5/5. Not a perfect episode but a damn good one. Also it was much better then part one. Also looks like Shredder has something planned for part three, or the next three episode arc.

Ian
    Ian is offline ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DING DING DING DING!

Looks like Clockstomper was right last week: looks like Ominous Talking Men of Foreshadowing are indeed DARPA, or at least government. Who knew?

As for the episode...Mmm, epic-y; more so, even, than Starcrossed. Seeing both the new, improved, force-field proof, non-oxigen breathing Justice Force and the Shredder being all pragmatic made the episode for me.

Random comments:

Ah, so that's how the Triceratons destroyed their homeworld (and created the cool Planet-Shard Ships). So are Displaced Chinese alive or not? If they are alive, and if it does end up setting up a future episode, I hope it remains in space, or at least becomes a traveling Earth-colony. It'd be cool to have Earth permanently changed by the encounter (something that rarely happens in american cartoons like these--hello, Justice League).

Y'know, when Casey and the civilians were holding the Triceraton blasters, I thought the artists had drawn them too long. Then I remembered that they were supposed to look that way, since human hands are smaller than Triceratons'.

Less April and Casey than I would have liked, but the episode seemed meaty enough without them. Let's hope they manage to do something with them next episode.

Zandrammon and Donny brought the funny in this episode. That being said, Zandy should really be noticing the Transionic particles heading away from Earth...

So Donny and the Turtles have been outed. I wonder if a world who has accepted and even drafted the Justice Force will similarly accept the turtles. Either way, it'll be interesting--I've always loved these "taken out of the closet" stories, and I hope this one turns out to be good.

The recap/teaser? Gold. It seems Triceratons are naturals at those. Hey, DVD people! You better be including these!

SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creativerealms
    The Justice force, yeah sort of pointless but it shows that this is a global problem (Ok the Beijing side plot and the United Nation's meeting already showed that.) What I mean is it would be more pointless if heroes like the Silver Sentery did not show up to fight.
    Very true. I'm not big on the Justice Force, but it would be stupid not to show them doing anything.
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast