Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spongebrain2.0 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Father of the Pride"-Talkback-(9-21-04)-"Donkey"

Like This Thread!
    I missed this episode, everyone fill me in on it!
    "Michael Ian Black loves Motor Scooters"

"In his entire term as President of the Residence board, Bob Feldman has NEVER stated his opinion on motor scooters....NEVER STATED HIS OPINION ON MOTOR SCOOTERS!?!?!?!"-Stella

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Usually it's Sarmoti or Sigfried and Roy that steal the show, but this time, Donkey took their place. The stunt double was hilarious too. This show seems to be getting funnier as it progresses.
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

Zach Williams is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Vry good. Donkey was really good, and I was suprsied they actually used him as astar. I thought it would jut be some donkey, but as it progressed, it definaetly made sense why. Overall A-

Discloner is offline Spooned to death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fun stuff!

This episode that seemed to be on the same level all the way around. Siegfreid and Roy, who in my opinion, usually dominate the show when it comes to humor, were on the same level as the animals and their story...a step up from the lopsided humor plane of the three episodes up till now (even though I liked those ones as well).

I did find Donkey's cameo, his manager ("Nice Nipples!" ) and his stunt double to be funny. I also like how the entire family interacted more in this episode...although I'm getting a tad tired of 'Wise by dirty minded grandfather saves the day'. S&R's role reveral, trying to top Mom and Pop stores from taking over industial and commercial was rather funny...if not a tad shocking as to how the outcome was ackomplished.

I personally like this show. I mean, it's not spectacular or great by any stretch of the imagination, but its just fun to sit down and watch.

I'm also finding I'm falling in love with the animation. It just seems to be getting better and better each episode. The characters move so realistically, even S&R's hair bobs when they're moving about. Not bad for the studio who animated it...considering before Father of the Pride, they'd just made Zentrix and before that they specialized in making plastic trees.
    Toonami: Absolution NeXt
    Evolution of the Revolution
    [The X Bridge] [TDA] [Infolink] [ANX] = [TICA]

Support ReBoot!

zorinlynx is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "My mom knows Tony the Tiger. She took a nap with him."

BWA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

This show is getting better every week. I'm hoping and praying to whatever god or gods might exist that it lasts the whole season at least.

The whole Siegfried and Roy protesting against small business was hilarious too! At least the product placement wasn't as blatant as last week; just a mention of "Applebee's".

Rock on!

-Z

Church is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first episode I've seen more than five minutes of and I hated it. It could have been written by a computer. That plot has been used so many times and it wasn't funny when the Brady Bunch didn't, and it really isn't funny now. S and R were funny, but the thing with the granny was Also, it was UGLY! I never noticed it before, but it looked like a crappy comercial for some generic actin figure. Especially the part with the Truck. The characters were ok looking, but that just made everything else look worse. Man, I'm glad Scrubs was good or I would have wasted and hour.

D

Stump > Plank- Invader Lorb

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Horrible episode. Donkey was even more annoying here than in Shrek if that's possible.

The Seigfreid and Roy subplot was disgusting.

A really bad episode of a really overrated show. *.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

zorinlynx is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, we seem to be pretty divided about this show.

I hope flamewars don't start erupting as the show builds a fanbase here. At least if they do, it'll be fun to watch.

-Z

mobo85 is offline This space for rent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was surprised to see a line in the credits about the MGM lion being used with permission. Although not as surprising as a Mountain Dew commercial earlier this year that parodied classic cartoons that featured the byline "Based on LOONEY TUNES ©Warner Bros.", it seems that parody is a dying art.

(Although I guess it made sense in this case, as I believe they used the real MGM lion roar, which sounds nothing like a real lion, in my opinion.)
    "If you take away our cartoons, we'll grow up without a sense of humor and be robots."
    "Really? What kind of robots?"
    -Lisa and Bart Simpson, Itchy and Scratchy and Marge

KarlOlson is offline Art Imitates Life
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the plot for the animals was pretty played out and old, as it's been for a while now. The whole "I know (insert famous person here)" plot has been done, and Donkey didn't bring all that much to the table. However, Sigfried and Roy bail this episode out again, with some very sharp satire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast