Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    The Hulk is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 10 best cartoon series ever!!!

Like This Thread!
    I present to you, the 10 greatest cartoons of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Hanna-Barbera's World of Super Adventure (80's-retro 60's)
    You never knew what you where going to get! Bird man, Space Ghost, Shazzan, Mightor, Moby Dick, The Galaxy Trio, Dino Boy, The Herculiods, The Impossibles, Frienkenstien Jr. and without a doubt the best super hero cartoon ever made, the Fantastic four!!! The intro to this series stands as the greatest intro of all time! So many different villians and the universe was always at stake. I ask, how many other cartoon adventure series had this many true classic heroes presented in them! How awesome would this be if Hanna-Barbera put out a dvd deluxed boxed set with every episode and bonus extra's in it???? This was a classic all the way!

2) He-man and the M...asters of the Universe (80's)
    This timeless classic is a dvd must!! No cartoon had better thought and action produced stories! There was a "calmness" about this cartoon with the world, music, colors, voices, etc. that kids and parents both got into. There is something special about a cartoon that can be watched today and still remains fresh.

3) Super-friends (70's-80's)
    This includes all the episodes and series to this cartoon. Sure it was campy as hell and at times so freakin wacky, but when you where a kid watching this you had so many of your favorite heroes in action on a Saturday morning while you were eating your cereal! When Flash or Green Lantern showed up it was awesome! And how could anyone forget the Challenge of the Super-Friends and the Intergalactic Guardians, which are the best this series had to offer. You can still laugh your head off watching this comedy...err, cartoon.

4) Spider-man (60's)
    It's now coming to dvd because of demand for Spider-man! There can be no doubt that this was the best Spider-man cartoon ever because of how classic it is! The theme song is also legendary!!

5) Thundarr the Barbarian (80's)
    What a concept, and it even made sense!! Now that 2000 has passed it never happened, but we got an awesome cartoon out of it! With Jack Kirby and Alex Toth doing the character designs you got remarkable heroes, villians and landscapes. This cartoon also stands the test of time, watch it today and it is still intriging!

6) The Incredible Hulk (90's)
    Okay, how could my name be the Hulk without a Hulk cartoon on the list? Well the first season is the best Hulk cartoon ever made (and his clothes didn't come back)! It remained true to the Hulk character and story with minor tweekings. Slugfest, rouges, and heart-ache was what made this grrrrreat!! Sure when the second season came around with the Gray-Hulk mind crap and She-Hulk became a starring character everything went sour (very sour)! But season 1 remains well...incredible!!!

7) Fantastic Four (90's)
    Here's a first! Season 1 was okay at best, but when season 2 came around, this series shipped into high gear!! The stories became better and so didn't the animation! Hulk vs Thing!! Thor vs Ego!! The best since Hanna-Barbera's toon from the 60's. Thank gawd no Herby the robot crap!!

8) Superman: The Animated Series (90's)
    The best of Superman solo! It stayed true to the character and history. With great animation, stories, characters, etc. it was like reading the comic. How could anyone forget the awesome Green Lantern episode where Supes fights Sinestro...it was awesome!!

9) Batman: The Animated Series (90's)
    The best Batman solo!! This was a fantastic cartoon that made Batman "Dark" again! What an impact it made!! Sooooooo many great episodes, just like reading the comics! Who could forget the episode where Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns Batman shows up. I got goose bumps...

10) Justices League (2000's)
    This cartoon took the elements of Batman and Superman and made them a team with other classic heroes!! Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and others. I DO have a problem with Jon Stewart as Green Lantern instead of Hal Jordan or Kyle Ranier and Hawkgirl instead of Hawkman for political correct issues. But this is still an aboslutley amazing cartoon that stays true to the comic and the "Animated Series" line.
    Last edited by The Hulk; 11-27-2004 at 09:03 AM.

PowerZord is offline It's time to change.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wihtout an specific rating:

Gargoyles- One of the best we could have
    Reboot- A masterpiece, that ended in a huge cliffhanger
    Thunder cats- Great action and plot!

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1. The Simpsons

2. Batman TAS, Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League (tie)

3. Gargoyles

4. Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures

5. Futurama

6. King of the Hill

7. Samurai Jack

8. South Park

9. Dangermouse/ Count Duckula

10. Bullwinkle and Rocky

11. Bugs Bunny/ Road Runner Show

12. Teen Titans

13. The Tick

14. Eek! The Cat

15. Pinky and the Brain
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

The Hulk is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry about the Simpsons but...

I hate them!!!

Majin_Megabyte is offline Ice Witch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to say my top 20.

1. Fruits Basket
    2. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    3. Eek the Cat
    4. Yu Yu Hakusho
    5. South Park
    6. Reboot
    7. Rorouni Kenshin
    8. Dragon Ball/DBZ/GT
    9. Family Guy
    10. Inuyasha
    11. Invader Zim
    12. The Angry Beavers
    13. Rocko's Modren Life
    14. Outlaw Star
    15. Case Closed (Dective Conan)
    16. Lupin the 3rd
    17. Thunder Cats
    18. Duel Masters
    19. Duckman
    20. Tenchi Muyo! OVA/ Tenchi Universe/ Tenchi in Tyoko/ Tenchi Muyo!:GXP

Captain Ginyu is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    these are my top 10
    1. dragonball z
    2. beyblade
    3. beyblade g revolution
    4. dragonball gt
    5. teen titans
    6. dragonball
    7. beyblade v force
    8. pokemon advanced
    9. yu-gi-oh: enter the shadow realm
    10. digimon

the Amanda is offline Rogue Alchemist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this will be way too hard to pick an order, so here's just a top ten in no order:

Invader ZIM, Freakazoid, Pinky & the Brain, Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Family Guy, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, The Powerpuff Girls, Earthworm Jim

Honorable Mentions: DuckTales, Futurama, Detective Conan, Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Dexter's Laboratory, Tiny Toons Adventures, South Park, TaleSpin, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Rocky & Bullwinkle

I purposefully left out shows which are compilations of theatrical cartoons, otherwise Looney Tunes would probably be on the first list and Disney & MGM shorts would be on the second.

J. B. Warner is online now Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies
    2. "The Simpsons"
    3. "Futurama"
    4. "Family Guy"
    5. "Rocko's Modern Life"
    6. "Invader ZIM"
    7. "The Angry Beavers"
    8. "The Ren and Stimpy Show"
    9. "Tiny Toon Adventures"
    10. "Animaniacs"

I'm a fan of Warner, classic Nickelodeon, and FOX network animation, what can I say.
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

Luna is offline Daydreamer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well,I can't decide what order,but here's my 10....

Fruits Basket
    Inu-Yasha
    South Park
    The Simpsons
    Futurama
    Gargoyles
    Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain
    Tenchi Muyo!
    Family Guy
    Daria
    "Yeah,well,I've got a dream too.But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy.That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.And well,I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream.And it kind of makes us like a family." -Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Movie)

Xfox is offline I love purple haired girls
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think I could possibly limit it to just 10, so I'll go with 20 as well.

1. Darkwing Duck
    2. Danger Mouse
    3. Daria
    4. The Slayers (original/Next/Try)
    5. Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
    6. Futurama
    7. The Simpsons
    8. Teen Titans
    9. Urusei Yatsura
    10. Pinky and the Brain
    11. Outlaw Star
    12. Cowboy Bebop