Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Simpsons Talkback- "Smart and Smarter" (Black Rectangular Boxes- er, Spoilers!)

Like This Thread!
    Bwahahahaha! My first Simpsons talkback thread! I beat you all to it!

Anyway, enough of my inflated ego-pumping, here's the synopsis from tvtome.com:
    "Maggie's chances of getting into a gifted preschool are first threatened by an insulting interviewer and then by a jealous Lisa."

Hmmm... another guest star episode, especially to take advantage of a recent pop culture celebrity (in this case, Simon Cowell of American Idol). Given the recent use of guest stars, I'm not too hopeful, especially after last week's great episode, but hopefully I'm proven wrong at 8/7c.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Boris
    Bwahahahaha! My first Simpsons talkback thread! I beat you all to it!
    Congraulations! You get the fabulous award of nobody caring!...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey! You took my talkback!

Ah well, it's not like I was "officially" a sanctioned talkback maker of Toon Zone like some of the others.

There's a clip on Thesimpsons.com, but it may spoil the episode (I've already made that mistake), so be warned....
    Spoiler!
    http://www.thesimpsons.com/_email/simon/main.htm
    Spoiler!
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel." ~ Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really annoyed because originally Simon was just playing a CHARACTER and not HIMSELF. But from what I've seen of the clips, it seems like they've actually got him playing HIMSELF now. Which means they spent a ton of money on retakes and changed the story just to make the episode slightly more relevent. BLAGH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But he's not playing himself. He may share the same characteristics (read: being a smartass), but for all intensive purposes, he's still a character with a guest voices acting as a admissions officer at a gifted school.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel." ~ Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeueZielZeon
    But he's not playing himself. He may share the same characteristics (read: being a smartass), but for all intensive purposes, he's still a character with a guest voices acting as a admissions officer at a gifted school.
    Hmm.. Sorta like John Waters playing John in "Homer's Phobia"? Cool.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good. I always prefered that kind of guest star to "OMG It's _____".
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Congraulations! You get the fabulous award of nobody caring!...
    Heh... apparently NeueZielZeon cared.
    Hey! You took my talkback!
    Don't worry, this is the only week I'll do it. Just thought I'd be the one to start a Simpsons talkback for once.
    Ditto. They seem to put more effort into the voice acting, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdigga
    me too. they were always put to better use that way. often when they were themselves they really added nothing to the show. like they were just some novelty.
    <('.'<) (^'.'<) (^'.'^) <( '.' )> (^'.'^) (>'.'^) (>'.')> DO THE KIRBY!

Formerly Known As Shadowy Figure and Duke Shadow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep. The school owner said his name is Henry.
    "We've gone through more drama than the Jews and Charlie Brown combined."- Homer Simpson

Proudly devoted to New Orleans

"My mom died of cancer right in front of me. Did I cry? No. I ate her heart and became even manlier. Emotions are for those with tastebuds."- Strawberry Jam

Disappointed with the lack of politics here? Come visit Toon Zone:Politics here: http://tzpolitics.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi#general