toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Spike Mcdougal is offline The Legendary Outlaw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talk About a Slap In The Face

Like This Thread!
    If you want to call this that for lack of a better term.

We've gone round and round on the stupid "TAKE IT THE GRAND TOUR" (I cant believe I typed that) crap and now view this news from Daizenshuu EX about the New Beginning DVD coming out next week.

Extras has a preview of DBGT... and has Dan Dan playing while it says "think you know GT?" and then all of a sudden that gay rap **** comes on and well it sucked.
    What else can I say?

If it was stupid to make a whole new thread for this then maybe so but hey dont shoot the messenger
    Last edited by Spike Mcdougal; 03-05-2003 at 05:45 PM.
    I'm not that trusting. I kept my finger on the trigger the whole time

Naraku is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, FuNI. That's like a big middle finger to the hardcore fans seeing as how the regular ones won't even know what the hell "Dan Dan" is.

livingfruitvirus is offline No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    since CN won't air GT til Dragon Ball is over and done with, maybe we can try and contact CN and try to convince them to buy the Blue Water Studios dub of DBGT! original music and translations automatically puts it over the top of FUNi's GT.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One problem with that... the VA's suck! Adult Goku and Vegeta's are just rank and what's a good Dragonball dub without a good Goku and Vegeta? (Now don't make a joke about Sabat...). The other VA's are pretty good, but man... yuck. I love how they keep in the old music.

Anyway, just because Funi's theme for the show is awful doesn't mean that the dub will be awful. Give them a chance...

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Aberration is offline Templar Rodimus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by livingfruitvirus
    since CN won't air GT til Dragon Ball is over and done with, maybe we can try and contact CN and try to convince them to buy the Blue Water Studios dub of DBGT! original music and translations automatically puts it over the top of FUNi's GT.
    FUNi has brought in big ratings for CN with DB, DBZ, and Yu Yu Hakusho. This move would likely destroy CN's relationship with FUNi, and hence CN would be shooting itself in the foot. Also, I wouldn't want to see topic after topic debating which dub cast is better AGAIN.

I'm not happy about the rap or the skipping of episodes by FUNi, but as we haven't seen one completely produced episode from them yet, I'm willing to see how things develop.

StrangerAtaru is offline Hey, I want to be Ussop!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now, I thought the "Grand Tour" rap was sickening, but to just interrupt "Dan Dan" with that crap....no way! Even if DBGT does suck, even this doesn't deserve this sort of treatment.
    StrangerAtaru: Just another one of those weirdo lurker guys with a screwed up mind and a Zako army at his command

zmanjz is offline Retired...?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow... makes me glad that Toonami'll replace it with their own intro.
    TOONAMI HAS RETURNED! THE PEOPLE REJOICE I BEGIN WATCHING CN AGAIN AFTER 8 YEAR EXILE!
    WORDS OF AWESOME
    All that is required
    Words of Wisdom

KingKoopa is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Say I'm whining about nothing, and I know some of you will, and I don't care. This is the worst thing FUNimation has done. They think they can put in effort SOME of the time, and then screw over the fans the rest of the time. They've gone too far this time. This is just FUNimation saying "**** you" to the fans. I don't think I can forgive them for this. I was beginning to get over the song merely existing, but for them to go and do this is just too much. This is an insult. Pure and simple. They're insulting us. They're not getting ONE CENT out of my wallet, not even for one of the series they treated well, until I see a written apology. Honestly, though, I doubt we'll even see that. FUNimation of 2002, the anime company, has died. FUNimation of 1995, equal of 4Kids, Saban, and Nelvana, has returned.

Kaiser0120 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I seriously wouldn't call them equal to those compenies. o.o I mean, atleast they're giving us Subbed DVDs. None of those other companies do that.
    Shepard and Wrex: The Motion Picture 2
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
    http://www.tfsabridged.com/episodes/

KingKoopa is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kaiser0120
    I seriously wouldn't call them equal to those compenies. o.o I mean, atleast they're giving us Subbed DVDs. None of those other companies do that.
    Yes, but those companies don't go out and say "**** you" to the fans. FUNimation and Tokyopop are the two worst companies IMO, more so than 4Kids or Nelvana, because at least 4Kids and the rest have a specific audience in mind. They get shows that appeal to kids and market them to kids. FUNimation just takes something that can easily be marketed to kids and changes it so that NOBODY LIKES IT. Then, they go and make fun of the fans who want it the original way. I can see them laughing in our faces now. At first I thought they just thought this would be more marketable, but now they're just saying "**** you!". I, for one, won't stand for it.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast