toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Cyber E. is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    Because Adult Swim has better killer apps right now, and Futurama & Family Guy.
    So because they have two high rating shows (for ASC, ASA never gets in the Top 100 anymore) they shouldn't get anything else that can be potentially popular and get good ratings? I don't understand what you mean, nor what this "apps" is.

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, I'm saying that Toonami hasn't had a real killer app since Kenshin. (Perhaps SDG...)

And apps means a big-name show that people look to and say "That is what such-and-such is all about!"

Witch Hunter Robin is ASA's killer app right now, the last one being InuYasha.
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

rhudson765 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discloner
    Kind of the winner.

http://www.animationinsider.net/arti...&topic_id=8478

Toonami moves off Weekdays on to Saturdays. Less exposure, but I'm guessing good for a much more concentrated effort from WS.

It's being replaced by a new block called Miguzi.

EDIT: CE beat me to it.
    A Pyrric victory at best. ZAKO!

rhudson765 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hrric victory at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by KinG of PaQ
    Ironic that 3/4 of those shows were wanted on Toonami.. and now they'll be airing on Toonami's replacement...

That actually sounds like a good block.
    But Totally Spies instead of SD Gundam season two.

I love Teen Titans but there is not enough eps for a strip..

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swordfish_II is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a feeling that the 7-12 was a mistake and the block will only be 7-11. After all, if the plans for Adult Swim Saturday had changed in the month since it was confirmed, we should have been informed by now.

And coincedentally, the shows listed for Toonami add up to 4 hours of programming (provided all those shows listed air at the same time...).

EDIT: I misread some crap.

Cyber E. is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    By the time Teen Titans gets the weekday spot it is going to have 26 episodes, the first two seasons with the next two being worked on already. It has enough for a weekday slot now thanks to S2.

MattThomasM2B is offline The End Is Here.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCrichton
    Who cares if the programming isn't TV PG?
    I do. Because if it isn't, all this means is that we're stuck with Toonami's custom openings' on Saturdays instead of the originals and that weekdays will be taken over by crap 'money maker' shows with no compensation for our trouble.
    Last edited by MattThomasM2B; 02-25-2004 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    "Your son's sandbox is now a smoldering crater of freedom!" - G.W. Bush.

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish_II
    I have a feeling that the 7-12 was a mistake and the block will only be 7-11. After all, if the plans for Adult Swim Saturday had changed in the month since it was confirmed, we should have been informed by now.

And coincedentally, the shows listed for Toonami add up to 4 hours of programming (provided all those shows listed air at the same time...all 3 DB series? Would they?).
    Lesse, we have GT, YuYu, Kenshin, SEED, Energon, and Megas XLR confirmed, correct? Who says they won't put on DBZ, Cyborg 009, Justice League, and Samurai Jack?
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

William C. Maune is offline TZ News Editor in Chief
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wilson
    Maune or someone else would be very wise to check with their contacts, but I'm pretty sure I already know what the answer's gonna be. The same one I was given when Yu Yu Hakusho was premiering on Toonami.
    Just as I was coming to post on the very subject!

According to sources, don't expect a sudden shift to a "TV-PG" block. Starting out this will be more like Adult Swim Action when it started, although not quite to that extent. As the press release stated, the block will be targeting teens (i.e. shows like Kenshin stick around), and they plan to push the boundaries, but it will be slowly.

What can you expect? As some have already speculated, the "higher content" shows will likely be towards the end of the block and the last hour is where they will start to drop in some TV-PG episodes. Assuming things go alright with that, the amount of "middle-ground" edited programming will slowly grow.

Frankly, this is probably the best way for Cartoon Network to do things. Many had already speculated that a middle-ground block would be very hard to pull off and that is way it has to be approached gradually. When shifting to something like this you don't want to tip the boat over at the very beginning.

The main news for the annoucement today isn't that we are suddenly getting a teen block, it is that we are suddenly getting something that could evolve into a teen block. In its old format (outside of Gundam Wing MNR and Iron Giant) Toonami was pretty much stuck at TV-Y7. Now they can start mixing it up a bit.

The good news is that the programming on the block already does, or likely will already push the limits of TV-Y7. CN gets away with more in their TV-Y7 material already than any other network on televsion. Toonami will get the higher end of those shows, while Mizugi will get the lower end. You'd never see Kenshin, YYH, Gundam SEED, etc. on any other network's block. Thus, we are already a lot closer to the goal than Adult Swim Action was when it started.

Basically, we are shifting and stepping in the right direction, but don't except a sudden shift overnight. Good things take time.
    Toonami Inner Circle Alliance: Forum X Bridge Digital Arsenal Infolink World's Finest ANX

JohnCrichton is offline An astronaut!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber E.
    Because Adult Swim is giving CN more ratings than Toonami and SVES combined?
    That doesn't mean they'll start airing stuff that doesn't belong on the block tho. Just because it gets great ratings doesn't mean they'll start picking the next Pokemon UNCUT and Hikaru No Go... it just means they're flying high and pretty with what they're doing and that showing adult anime; not showing anime who'd spend an episode teaching children the value of teamwork or that it's okay to cry.

Adult Swim should get Ninja Scroll TV if it wants a ninja. Because it's adult.

What would be wrong with a block of shows aimed at a 13+ audience to be TV-PG? Most of the family sitcoms airing on the networks are TV-PG.
    There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't care, so long as I get the shows and the stories with them. I mean, I care as much about a cigarette edit, as I do about not hearing curse words on the radio when listening to my favorite song.