1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zuko, the final enemy?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Scirel, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Okay, this is still me trying to rationalize what happened.. it's the next freaking day and I`m still in shock and trembling.

What really hurts most is that he betrayed Iroh..

Throught the whole series, except for the VERY beginning, Zuko andang have been portrayed as rivals/equals in battle.

The driving force in the plot for the 2nd season was Zuko's desicison making. Aang's traing/quest seemed to be background for this instead of the forefront like in S1.

For Zuko to trly complete his charachter, he has to eventually defeat Azula. We know all too well how stubborn and impulsive he really is now, and he may end up beating azula at her own game(I can easily see him winning over first Mai, then Ty lee), and becoming Firelord, if only for a brief moment.

Zuko and Azula may end up joining to ovethrow Ozai, then zuko would do exactly what azula did to long feng here, and defeat a weakened azula with help from his new allies.

The finale could be a huge, sorroful battle between Aang and Zuko, friends/allies that could have been.

IMO, we all thought he was being groomed for being a new hero, but with all this attention, and ultiamtely choosing the dark side, I think he may be the final enemy.

2. Perry

Perry Super... man

I really don't think he's the final enemy. I'm still going with Ozai. Eventually, I believe Zuko will look inside himself and see the good. He'll realize what his father did to him in his past, and join Aang's crew.

3. DarkToph

DarkToph The Blind Earthbender

There's a discussion thread already on this board, hence theres no point of creating another topic about what you think about a certain character. Azula would never turn on Fire Lord Ozai. Hell, he gave her everything she wanted and she is his favorite child. What, do you think she's going to go,

"Hmmm, I'm Daddy's favorite girl but I think I'm going to turn on him because.....I feel like it." *Shows scene of her shooting off her blue Fire Bolts*

It seemed more logically that Zuko and Iroh would team up with Aang's gang to overthrow Ozai. Hence it is a possibality that Iroh looks like the more likely candiate to teach Aang how to Firebend for two reasons.

1. He knows Toph well enough that she even cares him as an "Old" friend.

2. I can't see anyone else that'll teach him Fire bending that's in the Fire Nation that's not crazy enough to kill him. If he does try and locate Jeong Jeong than It would make more sense. But I would love to see Iroh teach him Firebending and eventually, help him defeat Fire Lord Ozai.

4. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 Active Member

At this point, that's actually a possibility. The Avatar creators confirmed that Season 3 is the final season (of their original story at least) and said that Aang would face the Fire Lord. But they never said that Fire Lord was Ozai. :evil:

#4 Mad Mod 49, Dec 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2006
  5. DarkToph

DarkToph The Blind Earthbender

Good god, that statement of yours just wanted me to flame the hell out of you.

6. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 Active Member

The internet is serious business, eh? :raven:

7. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Active Member

When'd they say that?

8. Tash

Tash Active Member

I'd like if Zuko gains his honor back. Right before Sozen's comot arrives, Azula slips and mentions that she and Ozai killed his mother. Zuko then gets pissed, takes the comet's power and kills them both.

That would be cool.

9. Waylaid

Waylaid Are you sure?

A conspiracy theorist in me believes that Zuko's betrayal is just a ruse to trick Azula, even if he has to hurt Iroh's feelings as well as Aang, Katara & others. I mean, if Azula can manipulate & trick people around her, why not have Zuko get back at her with what Azula can do? A mental Agni-Kai on his part.

Part of me wants to believe that, but I doubt Mike & Bryan are that predictable.

Perhaps, Zuko's I have changed line is a riddle.

10. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Who knows maybe it's not to much of a big step. Maybe his "I challenge you line!" was meant to be a hint.

11. Sage Shinigami

I admit I'm biased but I think people are speaking too highly of Zuko in terms of mental faculties....he's never really shown himself to be all that bright. Certainly he's well above the intelligence of someone like say....Ty Lee, but on Azula's level of trickery or Iroh's level of wisdom? Certainly not. There's a chance Zuko may turn on Azula, but it won't be part of some elaborate plan.

12. Waylaid

Waylaid Are you sure?

There are many theories to support that Zuko's betrayal is just an act:

Zuko's fever dream.

"I'm tired of running and it's time face Azula"

Zuko's declaring Agni-Kai to Azula. Azula refuses. But what if the Agni Kai Zuko challenges is something else, and it's not finished?

13. Sage Shinigami

Yes, but that doesn't make them plausible. Iroh already told Zuko that his problem is that he doesn't think things through. Out of all things, I seriously doubt that was the one thing he actually listened to out of all the stuff Iroh told him.

14. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Member

His betrayal wasn't an act. The look that Iroh gave him and the fervency with which he attacked Aang have got to prove at least that much.

15. Sage Shinigami

Glad someone else caught that. Iroh couldn't even look at Zuko after all of it was said and done. It was like he'd lost all hope for the boy, which may speak a lot for Zuko's chances of redemption.

16. Waylaid

Waylaid Are you sure?

Yeah, but that was before he had the fever.

There's a possibility, that if Zuko knows what he's doing, and that he will be willing to risk hurting the people who cared for him just so that he could pursue his agenda.

17. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

I dont see Zuko as the final enemy really I have a feeling he will die for some reason him or his uncle I dont no why I just feel like there goona.

And if book 3 is the final book then Aang would have to master fire fast :sweat:

18. Bevandera

Bevandera Member

He mastered waterbending in one season (Book One: Water) and earthbending in one season (Book Two: Earth). I'd say he's right on schedule to master firebending during Book Three: Fire ;)

19. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

My brother brought up an interesting point about Zuko and deception. He's clearly shown that he's capable of it. I mean he is (or for the time being was) the Blue Spirit. He was also smart enough to never use his firebending while he was in disguise.

Zuko is capable of tricking people.