1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE THREAD! Mozilla Firefox opinions?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by MDawg, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Beefy

Beefy It only hurts forever

I've been using Firefox since 1.0 and I've seen the JavaScript engine evolve from SpiderMonkey to TraceMonkey to JägerMonkey to IonMonkey, with each one being faster than the last.

Firefox has really come a long way since its debut. They've done some things I don't agree with like the numbering scheme to try to catch Chrome, and moving the Download Manager into the "Library" with the bookmarks and browsing history.
    Overall the positives far outweigh the negatives, especially the support for add-ons like extensions and browser themes.

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

That's what I love about Firefox--if they make any changes you don't like, you can switch them back in seconds. In your case...

about:config -> browser.download.useToolkitUI -> Switch to True

It's not like other software, where you're stuck with whatever changes they force onto you. (Are you reading this, YouTube?)

3. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I recently got a new 64-bit machine (my old 32-bit PC is in the dumpster), and I've discovered the beauty that is Waterfox.

If you have a 64-bit machine, DOWNLOAD THIS NOW! This kicks the original Firefox's ass.

4. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I would, but they don't seem to have a Mac version yet.

5. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Firefox for Mac and Linux is already 64-bit. Windows has Waterfox because there's no 64-bit version of Firefox for it yet.