1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE THREAD!! If you could visit any fictional comic book city...

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Anthonynotes, Sep 8, 2002.

?

If you could visit any fictional comic-book city...

1. Metropolis

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Gotham City

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  3. Smallville

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Central City/Keystone City

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Gateway City

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Fawcett City

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. DCU version of New York City

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Marvel Universe version of New York City

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  9. Astro City

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. Other

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I voted for the Marvel Universe New York City (I'm surprised it didn't get more votes). C'mon, there's so many tourist attractions there: The Fantastic Four's Baxter Building, the Daily Bugle, Avengers Mansion, and Central Park (I could place flowers for the Punisher's family). I'd probably stay away from Oscorp Industries though...

Oh, and by the way:

THREAD NECROMANCY!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

[​IMG]

2. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

GOTHAM.

Have to nab me a Batman. Or at the very least a Nightwing (hopefully he'll be visiting).

3. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Wow, a thread that pre-dates me!

My vote goes to Astro City by a mile. Just seems like a nicer place to be in general, and a fun touristy destination even without the superheroes in it. I'm already a New Yorker (in spirit if not in location), so Marvel's NYC doesn't hold a lot of attraction to me, and none of the DCU locations have enough character to make them places I'd want to visit off the printed page.

4. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Not only a zombie thread, but one *I* started a decade(!) ago... yet oddly, I never did give my answer.

I'd choose Metropolis, given my enjoyment of Superman. Plus it'd seem safer as a place to visit than the likes of Gotham City (the modern comics making it seem like Baghdad, Detroit, Afghanistan, and a WWII battle combined in awfulness...).

Smallville would be more interesting to visit for its pre-Crisis version for Superboy (assuming I also was going back in time about 15 years). Way less interesting post-Crisis/in the New 52---it'd just be like visiting the town I grew up in/near... :p

Geez, Gateway City... does that still exist in the "New 52"? Where does Wonder Woman (or whoever it is impersonating her) hang out in the reboot-DCU?

5. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Nanda Parbat. Get my universal enlightment and healing on, plus I could stay young for decades.

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Definitely Supertown or Astro City.

Beautiful, celestial, futuristic, clean, artistic, innovative, technologically advanced, my kinds of places.

Not a city, but I'd also love to live in a high-tech home like the Four Freedoms Tower.

Big NO to Gotham. I'm not into dark, grim and dangerous. I wouldn't feel safe in a city where I was constantly in danger of getting stuck up and/or kidnapped by some costumed psychopath.

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Fawcett City seems like it might be good, goofy fun.