1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE THREAD! Cat Lovers of the World Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Frozen, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Jimmy Kustes

Jimmy Kustes Duncanzits

I have a cat that opens doors by leaning into them! I guess it got tired of waiting for me to open them!

Does everyone's cats chase lights and computer cursers? Also my cat finds the most oppertune times to walk across the keyboard. :)

2. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

Sounds like Injun Joe from Catch-22. :)

Yeah, I think that's pretty common. They aren't very bright. :D One of my cats only occasionally walks on the keyboard because she is trying to get someone's attention while they are typing.

My parents just let our little cat sleep on their bed. If they don't, she'll try to open the door by hitting the knob with her paw. She knows that the knob is key to opening the door. Hitting the knob makes a sound that wakes up my parents. My mom claims that, even if we put the cat in the cellar, she can hear the cat banging on the knob to the cellar door and that keeps her up. Sure thing, Mom. Maybe you're being a little hypersensitive, hmm?

3. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

Doesn't work w/ my cat. my dad kicks it off every time it sets foot on his bed. Usually Boots doesn't stay up there for longer than three minutes.

4. Matthew Hunter

Matthew Hunter Super Genius

I have had 3 cats in my lifetime, 2 of which I have now. The first one my parents had before I was born, her name was Tigger and she was eighteen when she died about 3 or 4 years ago. Tigger was the most unusual cat you'd ever seen...ugly, very ugly, but very pleasant. She seemed to tolerate a kid running around the house chasing her (c'mon, you all chased the cat when you were little too!). Tigger was also very persistant in life...she had heart trouble toward the end of her life, but she kept bouncing back. We'd be on the verge of just saying goodbye and putting her to sleep, and then she'd get better. She died a natural death one night on my parent's bed, just 2 days before Christmas.
    Several years ago, 2 cats just showed up in our yard one day, one a grown cat, (perhaps a year old)and one a kitten, the kitten was quite wild, didn't like people at all. We started feeding them and soon they got used to us, the oldest one we called "Ranger" because he is red and white, (like the Texas baseball team). The kitten we called "Bugsy", after the gangster, and we didn't come up with that name until we found out how smart he is. We got them neutered and brought them in, and yes, cats do have personalities. Bugsy is extremely smart, he can open doorknobs, and oonce he even climbed to the very top of the christmas tree. Ranger, on the other had, is so dumb he is perfectly content to stare at the wall all day. They are sort of a George and Lennie team. I don't know what they will do when I go off to college next year, they get upset when any member of the family is gone for any length of time, they don't like change. So much so, in fact, that they start demonstrating their displeasure, like when my 80-year-old grandmother came to visit once and stepped in something in thee shower. THAT was funny.
    -Matthew

5. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Anybody elses cats drink out of the bath when they're in it? I don't mind at all, but I'm not over keen on the "Aaargh - I've fallen in the water! Must claw human flesh to shreds as I frantically escape!!!" bit...

6. TuffyCatt

TuffyCatt Half Kneazle

My dog does. It's kinda gross, but I don't mind too much because she doesn't do it too often. My cats are too scared to get too close to the water while I'm taking a bath. The closest they'll get is when they put their front paws on the edge so they can look down at the water.

7. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Here's a little something to amuse you cat lovers... See if you can do it, read each line aloud:

This is this cat
    This is is cat
    This is how cat
    This is to cat
    This is keep cat
    This is a cat
    This is cat cat
    This is lover cat
    This is busy cat
    This is for cat
    This is forty cat
    This is seconds cat

Now go back and read the THIRD word in each line from the top...

8. TuffyCatt

TuffyCatt Half Kneazle

Yep, that kept me busy for about forty seconds! :)

My poor cats yesterday...we had company over for Thanksgiving. My cats are scared to death of people they don't know very well, even though they've seen my grandma and my aunt several times. They almost spent the whole day hiding underneath my bed and wouldn't even come out when I offered them turkey. :(

9. Ruffian

Ruffian f.k.a. Twilight

I have a cat named Spunky. She's a black and white critter and the first cat I've ever had the pleasure of growing up with. She was a darling little thing as a kitten, afraid of purple shoelaces and curious about how buttons on the washing machine worked. She would also wash her face at the sink with me every morning when I got ready for school. When she got a little older, the teenage cat years, she was a bit of a rebel and a snob. Now she's got a few years on her and she's definitely more mature in personality. She has the cat behavior you'd expect, nose up in the air and everything, but she really does love the family. Sometimes I'll find her asleep on my bed with me in the morning or she'll come into my room purring trying to get me out of bed. She also knows who's the mom in the family and kisses up to her. She treats my sisters and I like we're her sisters, and she picks on the youngest. We also have a big white german shepherd in the family and Spunky gets along with her just fine. They're good friends and play with each other whenever they get the chance. One time my mom found them racing each other in the house. :)

10. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

I have a all-black cat named Willow. He is a little cutie. He is so soft, but he hates my guts. You should have seen all the scratches he gave me two years ago. We's been fixed and de-clawed. I still love my kitty.

11. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I really like cats. In fact, I'm pretty sure my neighbors hate me for being friendly to one of the strays that hang around.

12. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Sadly, I am allergic to cats, but am fond of them none the less.