1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zombie Dogs!

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Bubblegum Girl, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

I heard about this at the AIFourms. Scientists Create Zombie Dogs A bunch of scienctists create zombie dogs. I find it more cool then creepy because this is something from a Sci-fi movie.

2. TrogdorNyimbhat

TrogdorNyimbhat Active Member

Way cool! Look how pissed the dog looks. I wonder what's next. Living with salt water for blood, sure anything to come back to life. I hope I don't die before that technology is upgraded.

3. Natey

Natey blank

scary... and hard to beleive. I hope the same thing works for humans so we can live longer.

~Nate~

4. TrogdorNyimbhat

TrogdorNyimbhat Active Member

That's double time. :D

5. sdp

sdp miscrave

There are many things i find...hmmm...
    every place i've read it at links back to that page, even if reliable websites have said it they still link to that page.

And for something this big i haven't seen such a huge coverage as it should have. I mean this is a major breakthrough.

6. shoujoaifan

shoujoaifan Active Member

While its a good idea to be skeptical with information from one source, this is not anything new. They've been experiments on guinea pigs like this for years, bringing those back after a few minutes.

And technically speaking the dog was brought back to life: depending on your concept of life of course. When something starts to die, everything first starts to shut down, but can be brought back at this time, like the heart, and the person will not to come back to life, since they're not dead yet, but be kept from dying. Part of the whole deal with "medical death" is that, with more improvememts in technology, more people are being saved after longer times.

It starts to get REALLY interesting in that the only time when scientists can establish when something is dead is the body's cells' mitochondria start to burst, releasing free radical particles everywhere, destroying the cells.

Or in English: If it can be brought back by modern technology, it was technically never dead. Its impossible to reanimate truely dead tissue unless they succed into nanotech to pretty much repair the whole body.

(So in horror movies, like "Reanimator", where they need the freshest body in order for it to work, it makes you wonder, if that happened in real life, would they really be brining someone back or just saving someone alive?)

P.S. Of course this depends on your concept of life. When brain activity in suspensed animation ceases and comes back when revived, it possible that's a new mind created from the memories stored in a brain's pattern, its engram. Begs the questions: What is you? Is there a soul? Or are we just animals? If we are, then what constitues us? Our minds? But what if you just had surgery to remove a brain tumor? Is the orinigal dead and you're a new mind in the same body? HELL, for that matter, split-brain patients are evidence that it may be possible, if you remove half your brain and put it into another body, you can split into two different people.

Well, I just expended any mental energy I had today listing all those unaswerable questions. I feel the urge to not do any deep thinking and watching a zombie flick.

7. Startrekman700

Startrekman700 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thats a thing, its an imitation,... Macready get the torches, it must be Bennings....:D:D :D

couldnt help myself, the thing movie flashback.

I think this will actually revolutionize life-saving medicine.