1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zixx Level Two: This "Pet Project" Recalls Unpleasant Ewoks

Discussion in 'toonzone News Archive' started by Chad Bonin, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Lately on <i>Zixx: Level Two</i>, Zixx, Riley, Meghan, and Dwayne, along with the permanentally digital Flanngo, have been defending The Keep from aliens, most recently Mark O. Things get a little creepy in this week's episode, "Pet Project," as the world turns all Children Of The Corn with a freakish little girl. Can the heroes of the day save the world if everyone's in a permanent pause that would make Kevin Keene proud?

As usual, the gang is attempting to figure out the secrets of The Keep and defeat the aliens hoping to take it over. While in the computer world, Meghan runs into a little creature. Since this show already has a Scrappy Doo in Flanngo, this little creature must be content with the role of Wicket the Ewok, if ewoks accidentally froze people.

Despite Zixx's warning, Meghan brings the creature, now nickanmed "Frida" out into the real world. Soon, they find out that once she touches somebody, she takes both the ability to say what they were saying, and their movement, as they're frozen. The heroes must find a way to "patch" this "virus" before the entire world is frozen, and they have to do it by Tuesday.

Frida, who I rather hope we don't see again, is a little too creepy. First it's a little girl, then it's a mess of little girls, and then they all nearly kill the human race while making weird noises.

As usual, <i>Zixx</i> tries to strike a balance between episodic plots and the momentum of a larger story, but this time it doesn't seem to be moving fast enough. The show still holds viewer interest, but a little more attention paid to the series plot would help it continue moving forward.

<i>This episode of </i>Zixx: Level Two<i> premieres tonight on YTV in Canada at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT) and repeats Saturday, Oct. 8, at 3:30 p.m. (ET/PT).</i>