1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zim taken off the air...

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Killtacular, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Killtacular

Killtacular the race wars had begun

Well.. so much for a petition.

Nick replaced the only remaining Zim timeslot(1 pm Sundays) with an extra hour of Nickelodeon GAS.

So, what does this mean?

Either Nick is saying "F' YOU, FANS", a scheduling error took place, or another network has already picked up the rights.

a) SHAFTING THE FANS: Unlikely. We're talking about an afternoon timeslot on SUNDAY, people. Nick didn't even do that to Angry Beavers(they had moved it to weekday mornings before it died out). We need to get past the 1992 image we created of Nickelodeon being a bunch of people that cancel shows on a personal level. The 2002 Nickelodeon is a corporate machine. They don't have 'vendettas'.

b) SCHEDULING ERROR: Somewhat likely. Although the block of Nickelodeon GAS was pre-programmed, so it was obviously made with advance notice of a scheduling change. But it could happen, as it's happened before(once, an episode of Zim interrupted a Fairly Oddparents episode at 8:45).

c) CARTOON NETWORK?: Somewhat likely. We're gonna have to wait until February on this one, when they announce their 2002-2003 shows. It might not necessarily go to Cartoon Network. Anyone from UPN to Comedy Central to FOX to CN could've picked the show up if they paid the money, and CN is unfortunately the company with the smallest budget.

So, we'll just have to hope it's a scheduling error, and wait the next few weeks to see what develops.

2. joshualane

joshualane I want some pie

I was all ready and waiting to record the episode when I noticed that GAS just kept going. I'm hoping that it was either a scheduling error or perhaps the show has been shifted elsewhere...MTV perhaps? Considering they're airing Spongebob, Zim could be a good fit for them unless another network has picked up the series.

3. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

Well, www.tvguide.com has a listing for an episode next week and the week after, and had GAS listed to be on at 1 today. So, I'm hopeful for it to be on next week.

4. Killtacular

Yes, but TV Guide changed this week's 1 pm to GAS -after- it aired.

So it may continue to happen.

5. Zorakfan

Zorakfan Misanthropist

Here's hopin' for option #3.

*Chugs sweet, sweet wassail*

Once again Matt, you are the man. we are all indebted to your insidy-ness...stuff. Keep up the good work!

6. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

Actually, Matt is a secret agent who gets his information from the big bald man. I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you. :D

Seriously though, I think we all appreciate the work that Matt does.

7. pencilsharp

pencilsharp Hootin & Pootin!

The rehearsals of "Danke Schoen" for Matt will be this Sunday at 1pm. We got nothin' better to do right then. :(

As for vendettas... Personal, no. Corporate, si!

Anybody forgotten that Nick is currently fighting with their own creators over union representation and residual rights? I do believe that Nick would be willing to cut off one of their best shows, just to make a statement. Namely: We own you.

8. Killtacular

Nick fights unions all the time. WGA is no different. To Nick, WGA is just yet another union. They already have to deal with them 24/7, so of course they rip down posters and fire people, but they don't cancel shows to "make a statement".

Anything Micah Wright says is probably either over-exaggerated or incorrect. :)