1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zeta's makeover

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by S.C.B, Mar 26, 2007.

1. S.C.B

S.C.B Too close.

Was it ever explained? The real world reason is that a head with emotive eyes and a mouth is easier to empathise with than a horseshoe, but I'm talking about instory. Did Zeta redesign himself while on the run? Or is it a case like the BTAS - TNBA designs, where no-one can tell there's been any change?

2. Harvey Two Face

Harvey Two Face Formerly Reiven

I thought Zeta always had the oval shaped head with eyes and mouth?

3. S.C.B

S.C.B Too close.

Nope. Here he is in 'Zeta':

[​IMG]

And here in the crossover 'Countdown':

[​IMG]

4. Alex Weitzman

Alex Weitzman Got Opinions?

I suspect that it's a B:TAS/TNBA thing, like you said.

5. Harvey Two Face

Harvey Two Face Formerly Reiven

Does anyone know which episode it was when he got his head changed?

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

The start of The Zeta Project was the debut of Zeta's new design. Like the above posts in the thread suggest, his head wasn't "changed" in the canon of the series and therefore you won't find any episodes depicting Zeta placing a new head upon himself, but rather it's simply meant to indicate a new design for the character, much like the change in character designs between B:TAS and TNBA.

7. Aldrius

Aldrius Arrogant Instigator

But then in JLU the transforming robots look exactly like Zeta's original design... so... uh...

*brain implodes*

8. danreyes1

danreyes1 Active Member

The basic premise of the Zetas was that they were special government robots. These same robots were obviously used well into the "Batman Beyond" age. The "Zeta Project" Zeta is one that had achieved sentience and escaped from the government.

In Zeta Project episode with Batman (beyond) in it, Terry and Bruce recognized the robot, despite its changed head. I suspect that it's the B:TAS/TNBA style retcon... a stylistic difference that doesn't effect canon.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I figured that Zeta made himself look like an old Z-8 combat trainer to throw off Bennett on "zeta." Then on TZP, he went back to his regular look and end of that.

10. Alph

Alph Active Member

Much like the GW: Endless Walts thing, I simply cannot accept that either the horseshoe headed robot I'm watching before my very eyes in BB and JLU isn't actually what I'm actually seeing, or that the normal shaped head is actually a horseshoe head. Therefore, I think he simply modified his head offscreen and Terry just recognized the rest of his body.

11. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Member

I like to believe there is more to the story. The full explanation is that the Terry had been thinking every robot was Zeta ever since they met. This led to Terry saying "Zeta?!?" about 15 to 20 times every day.

:p