1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Zero Punctuation" Talkback (Warning: Strong Language)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by EinBebop, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

This week, Yahtzee reaches out to touch Halo: Reach.

2. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Alright, Oni sequel.... oh, he was kidding.

3. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

I think that joke at the very end of the credits was a case of Yahtzee not even trying to be funny there. 90% of GameTrailers' Halo hating trolls have made similar jokes.

Other than that, he pretty much summed up my opinions on Halo in general there. I never understood what the big deal about its multiplayer was.

4. Juu-kuchi

5. Innagadadavida

Innagadadavida Doenaught

That was the funniest review in a while. I'd love to post quotes but this is a family friendly forum for all intents and purposes. Good stuff. Keep 'em comin', mate.

6. TacoHunter

TacoHunter Master of None

7. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Hilarious! I loved the game and all, but most of his complaints are pretty valid.

8. LordTerminal

What is Yahtzee's problem with Nolan North? He fits the role of Deadpool perfectly, well aside from Ryan Reynolds but that's another story.

9. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Hey, a gargoyle from Blood: neat.

10. TacoHunter

Yahtzee finds a Portal reference in the new Castlevania.

The reason I really like Yahtzee is because, he points out what seems like VERY obvious flaws in games, that for some reason developers keep making. I found this review funny, and yet I'm left to wonder...why do developers make these kind of odd ball choices? I don't know, maybe man was not ever meant to know such answers.

11. Juu-kuchi

12. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind Active Member

I still enjoyed the game, even with the linearity, connect-the-dot platforming and all.

If it was going to be a movie game at least they made you want to keep going to see what happens next without too much distraction getting in the way. It's when movie games try to stall things with horrible platforming, horrible grinding, or collectathons that I either give up on or resent them, but this game seems to know what it is and makes it a pretty decent rental with some replayability.

It really does need some sequel(s) which is why I paid full price and will buy the DLC, just because I like the characters (not so much Pigsy, but whatever.)

13. Juu-kuchi

This week, Yahtzee endures a Fallout of the New Vegas variety.

14. TacoHunter

Its funny, because it doesn't really give you an idea of the game, and yet he went over how it plays. What an odd review.

15. LordTerminal

We need more games to crash on Yahtzee. I find it rather amusing to see that happen to him. :D

16. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

17. TacoHunter

Yahtzee finds very little black in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

He brings up some good points, like why isn't the game more stealth? How can it be a deniable ops when everything is one big fire fight. Why isn't there a World War 3, so we can have new material to make games about? And so on and so forth.

18. TacoHunter

Yahtzee phones it in today.

Much to everyone's surprise, he seems to actually like iPhone games. I guess it makes sense, the games are more about gameplay and trying new things. And Yahtzee does hate the same ol' same ol' that the industry has become.

I actually bought Cut the Rope last week, so I could entertain my niece for Thanksgiving. After trying out the free demo game, I was impressed enough to buy the whole game for a whopping dollar. Yahtzee says he was able to beat the whole game with 3 stars on every level within an hour, and I say that's BS, because a lot of those games are crazy hard, but he was probably exaggerating, like he likes to do.

I actually think the iOS is a great platform for games. iPhone 4, iPad, and the new iPod Touch all have some really advance tech inside, which can translate well in to gameplay. Gyroscopes, accelerometers, mics, multi touch screens, etc. It can do everything a DS can do plus a lot more.

There is also a ton of money to be made on the App store. When I was playing Cut the Rope, I looked in Game Center (Apple's "Xbox Live") and it says there are over 1.5 million people on the leader boards. At a $1 a pop that's $1 million for the developer and $500,000 for Apple. That's pretty nuts. And there might be even more people that don't use Game Center, so the number is probably higher.

19. LordTerminal

Excuse me, I'm going to back into the closet and shout more obscenities about how Yahtzee is a complete hack.

Other than that, does anyone find the irony in Yahtzee liking Fruit Ninja when he made a jab about Raiden sword slashing watermelons in the MGS Rising trailer in his E3 '10 trailer? I know those are two different things but I just find it ironic that out of two games to feature a ninja slicing up fruit, he likes the one centered around it on the iPhone.

20. Juu-kuchi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.