1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Zero Punctuation" Talkback (Warning: Strong Language)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by EinBebop, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EinBebop

EinBebop Data Dog

Has the trend of posting talkbacks for video game reviewers gotten obnoxious yet? I'm going to risk being the one to take it over the edge, because these reviews stole an hour or so of my life away when I discovered them earlier this week. Submitted for your approval: the entire Zero Punctuation collection, newest reviews first.

Mass Effect
    Guitar Hero III
    Assassin's Creed
    F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate
    Clive Barker's Jericho
    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Medal of Honor: Airborne
    Super Paper Mario
    The Orange Box
    Tabula Rasa
    Halo 3
    Peggle
    Manhunt
    Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Bio Shock
    Console Rundown
    Psychonauts
    Heavenly Sword and Other Stuff

2. SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX Active Member

Yahtzee is by far one of the greatest reviewers out there, if only for his accent and American hating tendencies.

3. Jowy Blight

Jowy Blight Chillin' Out

I find him pretty funny and I really liked his jab at Ctrl.Alt.Del in his Mass Effect review.

4. Mynd Hed

Mynd Hed Holy blue on a popo!

Yahtzee is, IMO, the only one of the current crop of irate comedy video reviewers to still be entertaining even when I disagree with him or haven't played the game in question. I also like that he *gasp* reviews CURRENT games, and doesn't necessarily always go for the easiest targets he can find. (You'll seldom get anyone arguing with your assessment of Back to the Future for the NES.)

Of course, when I DO happen to agree with him, it makes it all the better, as in Guitar Hero III. Literally the first thing to come out of my mouth after I popped the game in was, "Where the hell is Clive? Oh, well, he must be unlockable for some retarded reason." *five minutes of Internet research later* "WHAT THE HELL?!?!"

5. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

6. WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja Member

I love Yahtzee and his reviews. He tells it straight, and I'm glad he didn't bandwagon jump with his Assassin's Creed Review like every other darn reviewer.

Yeah I laughed very hard at that.

7. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Yahtzee is supposed to be getting a column in PC Gamer staring in the February 2008 issue according to the January 2008 issue.

8. Mynd Hed

Mynd Hed Holy blue on a popo!

Be interesting to see how he comes across given the content restrictions of a mass market mag, not to mention without being able to control the breakneck pacing of his rants. (-:

9. EinBebop

EinBebop Data Dog

10. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Galaxy my child. Galaxy.

Good review, and nice to have rag on the easy boss fights, and the sometimes too confusing functions of the camera.

11. bigdeath

bigdeath A Legend is Born

The mass effect review was great. LOL :D

I never heard of this guy before, thanks a lot.

I wish he would review persona 3/valkyrie profile/rouge galaxy but those are all JRPG so I already now he would hate them and why. :sweat: Still, It would be funny to watch. I wish he had a review of Final fantasy 7, that would be great. :D

He also explain why I will never get Bio Shock. Dues Ex is better. A true classic and I'm glad he agrees.

#11 bigdeath, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
  12. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

He sure does hate Japanese RPGs. Which is ammusing on it's own. But overall he's got some really snappy stuff in these videos. I especially enjoy the Guitar Hero III video.

13. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Wow he really does not like Peach.

*snickers*... Koreans.

14. bigdeath

bigdeath A Legend is Born

His review of Peggle is great. Watch it a learn of an EVIL company. :D

15. Jade_GL

Jade_GL An Aperture Science Original

Love his reviews. I started watching them a few months ago-ish and now I can't wait for new ones every week. Even when he rags on a game I like (Mass Effect, Bioshock) I usually always understand his point and even agree sometimes. It's probably because he's so darn funny.

That and he loved The Orange Box. :D

16. Palin Dromos

Palin Dromos The Abyss Stares Back

I started watching ZP reviews after someone here posted a link to his rundown of this gen's console war and have been tuning in habitually every week.

I find the reviews consistently funny and they've got pretty descent replay value. I rewatch the Peggle one just to here him say "Peggle". It's funny :p.

I'm not a heavy gamer (in either sense of the term) so SMG was the first game he reviewed that I actually own, though I've played GHIII. I liked the use of original SMB Bowser in the animation. And the Jason X reference was quite amusing.

17. Zeonic Freak

Zeonic Freak Make MD Geist Great Again!

I must admit, his quote on the lenth of diolague on Mass Effect is true. Ive bascily do skip most of the text, but i feel bad when i do, like if i dont read it, it wont contribute to the story later on.

Also his opinion on Jap RPG's, which i dont play much and cring when i see a new one in america and i think when i look at the cover "is that a dude, or a chick"?

That and the Ashley Williams comment, i should have put two and two togeather (i love Evil Dead/AoD movies, i shoulda seen that coming)...

18. CartoonSage

CartoonSage What's the matter, Scared?

About what Yahtzee said in his SMG review...

would YOU want the Mario franchise to end? He seemed so confident with his claim that after going into space there really isn't anything more that the Mario franchise could do and that it should end, but is it really that easy? Granted this is the same man who said that Galaxy should be played with the GCN controller so it's hard to take a few of his comments seriously, but that one really struck me: What kind of impact would it have on the industry if Nintendo just up and stopped the Mario franchise for good? Would there be panic? Honestly, I think there would, at least within the Nintendo fan community.

And to be honest, I love his reviews, but his pessimistic attitude is REALLY starting to get on my nerves.

19. EinBebop

EinBebop Data Dog

He answered that in the last line of the review. :p

20. Zeonic Freak

Zeonic Freak Make MD Geist Great Again!

He said an idea i thought up already, Super Mario Universe. Or one of my titles might make the list with Super Mario Afterlife or Super Mario Purgatory, Better yet Super Mario Evolution:D...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.