1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis: Battling Superboys just a coincidence?

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Doop, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Doop

Doop Mutant cucumber!

2. Sr.Infierno

Sr.Infierno Active Member

Coincidence?

Dude, it's the same quote.

3. Invidente 7

Invidente 7 Active Member

uhhh yes it is JUST a concidence since....

That superboy IS NOT Superboy prime but the original superboy......or something :confused:

4. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

The first panel shown is from Superboy (90's series) #8, the "Zero Hour" crossover issue (during the ZH storyline, all the titles crossed over with it via featuring the event's time anomalies producing alternate/now-nonexistent versions of familiar characters, such as a non-disabled Batgirl, the Golden Age (overweight) Alfred, etc. Said tie-ins were the *only* decent thing about ZH, I'd say...). In this case, thanks to ZH's time-altering hijinks, the pre-Crisis Superboy (the teenaged Clark Kent) showed up in the current-day-version of SMallville, and has a run-in with Kon-El (who was heading back to Hawaii and happened to pass over/stop off in Smallville). After pre-Crisis Supes gets culture shock at the modern version of Smallville (including seeing the adult Lana married to Pete Ross, seeing the Kents don't own a general store and aren't living within Smallville but back on the farm, etc.), he soon realizes what's happening, and soon fades into non-existence, giving Kon-El his blessing to continue on as Superboy. This version of Superboy is seen again during the "Hypertension" storyline, where Kon-El visits a pre-Crisis Earth-1-style version of Smallville in an alternate reality and meets this Superboy once more.

The second panel above is from Infinite Crisis, with the Earth-Prime Superboy, natch.

-B.

5. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

A few things....

1-Poor Connor...He keeps getting his ass kicked by alternate-realities Superboy's.

2-Did Connor's original "look" seem ridiculous? The hair..jacket. :)

3-Really like the newer artwork as compared to the 90's. I know it's different with each artist. But, the printing looks better to.

6. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

1- It's Conner with an "e". Connor with an "o" is the younger Green Arrow. Though, I still just call him Kon-El or Kon. I could never get used to the new civilian name (mainly because it sounded too much like GA's first name).

2- I never thought it seemed too ridiculous, but we're all influenced by our own eras.

3- Comics fade over time. The newer one is just that: newer.

7. The Myst

The Myst Truthiness for Springfield

Yeah but Infinite Crisis was printed on better quality paper than old Superboy issues.

Anyway, Conner's outfit looks ridiculous now but it was cool in 1994.

8. Somejerk

Somejerk Member

I hada strong dislike for Connor back then
    He was trying too hard to be "Cool"
    like many other characters (Yes I'm looking at you Gambit)

Once he dropped the glasses and the jacket I grew to like him and by the tshirt and jeans I really grew to love him