1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zelda

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Baltofan, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

Excuse me!

Does anybody else remember the Zelda cartoons?

Edit

Was it that bad?

2. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

Ah The Legend Of Zelda. Incase you didn't know what day it was, you knew it was Friday because there was a Legend Of Zelda episode on instead of Super Mario Bros. Personally, I enjoyed the Zelda episodes more than the Mario ones. They were a little darker than the Mario episodes, not by much though. I really don't remember from when I was younger, but I guess there was only 13 episodes produced. All of which I own on dvd.

I didn't think that the show was bad at all. As an adult, I still enjoy watching the episodes. I think it's stood the test of time better than some other cartoons have: original He-Man, original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I own the dvd set. Too bad, they didn't include all of the live-action Mario segments that wrapped around the Zelda episodes but what I got was fun enough. I still remember being excited about Friday afternoons and rushing home to see Zelda. Such cheesy 80's gold. It's funny that I never realized as a kid how much of a hounddog Link was around Zelda.

4. sdp

sdp miscrave

This show gets too much hate from the internet mostly by people who've never seen the show besides clips of "Excuuuuuse me Princess".

No nostalgia goggles either since I saw it for the first time a month ago.

The plots are pretty basic but like someone mentioned they have aged better than other shows of its time like He-Man etc, this show is actually watchable. Since the episodes are only 14 minutes they go by fast and you never really get tired of the episode.

This show is surprisingly VERY accurate to the games and many of the things introduced here show up later in Zelda games like Sprite and Epona. Sprite is especially awesome, with her getting jealous of Link. And unlike I was led to believe there is romance between Link and Zelda. I mean Zelda plenty of times shows that she loves Link and plenty of times is going to willingly kiss him before something bad happens. I just wish they had actually kissed and the show would have been perfect. Ganon isn't treated too badly either.

Overall its no master piece but if you are a fan of Zelda I'd recommend it. Its entertaining. In fact thanks to the internet the only annoying part was now entertaining (Excuuuuuuuse me internet).

5. Looneytunes

Looneytunes Active Member

The show is very underrated. It is awesome. I own the entire DVD set. It is a shame they did not include all the live action Mario segments, but at least I have both Super Mario Bros Super Show volumes on DVD. The show is very definitely a must see for those who have not seen it yet. It is very interesting and entertaining.

Looneytunes (Disneytoons)

6. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

I like a good amount of other 80s shows better like MOTU, G.I. Joe, and Transformers, but I can still sit through Zelda episodes and enjoy them. Even though I was never into Zelda games and enjoyed Mario games a lot better, I thought the Zelda cartoons were much better than the Mario ones. The Mario ones did not stand the test of time. I enjoyed the Zelda and Link appearances in Captain N as well.

7. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Yeah, i thought the zelda cartoons at least tried for a slightly higher level of entertainment than the mario cartoons. Plus, i loved how they used the video game sound effects (yeah, i know the mario cartoon did too, as did captain n).

8. sdp

sdp miscrave

The first mario cartoon I'd agree at least the few episodes I've watched, however the SMB3 cartoon is pretty entertaining still to this day. Haven't watched SMWorld so can't comment on that.

9. Kenny E. McCall

Kenny E. McCall We fight like cats!

I remember that Friday segment of the Super Mario Brothers Super Show!

But then, Zelda made a few appearances on Captain N: The Game Master, and Zelda looked like she could out-vamp Princess Lana in those episodes!

10. Thrasher RJ

Thrasher RJ SPOON!

Excuse me princess!

The show was that bad. The animation was horrible, the dialouge was lame and it was as entertaining as looking at a blank wall.