1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Zeb Wells is a good 'Spider-Man' writer

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Wonder Woman, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

With the new Spectacular Spider-Man comic kicking off inna couple months, I've been skimming over the the recent Peter Parker: Spider-Man issues, written by Zeb Wells, and I realized how much of a good job he's actually been doing on the book. Not spectacular by any means, but he's been writing some enjoyable stories and has been doing a great job on characterization. I'd welcome him as a fill-in writer for any series at any time.

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I agree. The highlight of his run so far is easily the 3 parter with the Gamblers betting on the outcome. Still chuckle at all The Scorpians ones liners :)

We have new similies! : :elle: shrug: :anime: :sweat:

:eek:

3. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

I like Spider-Man, But I never really picked up Peter Parker: Spider-Man because I hated the art. Same for New X-men (though I heard that some important stuff has happened in it). For some reason, if I don't like the art, I don't care to read the story. Anyway, I hope the writer is better than the writer of The Amazing Spider-Man. I have all the issues, but I am losing interest. I liked it for quite a while, but the way it is written doesn't really seem like Spider-man. As I once heard someone say, "J. Michael Strazynski doesn't get Spider-Man." I also don't like the use of so many pastel colors in the book. It's a good series, but it's not quite, Spider-Man. :shrug:
    Anyway, we're supposed to be talking about Peter Parker: Spider-Man. I didn't like the art, but what I read was good (the Green Goblin 3-parter). And I think it used more classic villains from what I had seen on the covers. I like the classic villains.

4. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Some of the art has been good some bad. The book is just in filler mode right now until The Specatular Spider-Man by Paul Jenkins and Huberto Ramos startes with the Venom 5 parter. I'm ok with his work but some of the others I found it hard to understand what was going on, paticullary the Shocker, Hydro-Man stroyarc. Its a shame the outstanding art in both Amazing and Ultimate can't be found in Peter Parker.