1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by Liger0Panzer, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Liger0Panzer

Liger0Panzer New Member

just post whatever i like/dislike/want to know about it. also if u want u can post ur deck/fav cards/most power combo etc.

p.s. i gotta question. i had a great deck but i gave to my lil cuz. now i wanna remake a deck but i cant fiugre out the name of certain cards.
    1. what card doesnt alow ur opponent to play/activate trap cards?(no not jinzo its a magic or trap)
    2. what card doesnt allow ur opponent to play/activate magic cards?
    3. what card nullifys a monsters special effect(s)?

all of them are either magic or trap, i know that much. i just cant remeber the name.

2. PhotonPhoenix

PhotonPhoenix You Vill Help Us Find It.

Royal Decree is a Trap card that deactives all trap cards besides this one and the card to stop spells is the Spell Canceller.

3. K-dog

K-dog the latin king of comedy

me like Yu-gi-oh but me no like to tell anyone^_^. seriously, why does everyone hate it. its a card game. Like Blackjack or Poker. exept more challenging and...uhh....expensive.
    anyway,
    i like the 3 legendary god cards. currently i have one of them.
    The Winged Dragon Of Ra.
    its not fair i cant use it in tornaments. i would own all of the other people. i lovez my deck. i've been undefeted for almosed a year now. I AM THE KING OF GAMES!!:evil:

4. Harlan_Phoenix

Harlan_Phoenix Active Member

I have a question about the YGO TCG...

Why is Beatdown basically the only useful deck archetype?

5. shoujoaifan

shoujoaifan Active Member

It can be easy to make cookiecutter-type decks which focus on easy-to-summon monsters and lots of power-up's to go crazy.

BUT part of the reason is that the basic ways to win are: 1) Drain their Life Points to zero, 2) decking your enemy out, or 3) winning through specific and specialized cards that let you win automatically.

1. Draining Life Points is the easiest-

A.)Done normally by basic Beatdown.
    B) But decks built around Direct Damage, called "Burn" decks, are also effective.
    C)PLUS there are SOME creative Beatdown decks, based around certain monsters or effects (Water, Zombies, Dragons, monster-specific like a Blue Eyes White Dragon-centered deck, Dark Magician or his fusions, etc.), or orinigal combinations that spice things up.

2. Deck them out by using cards to thin out their deck, so when they reach for a card at one point, there won't be any cards left, meaning you win :D

A)Er, don't know much about those :sweat:

3. Specialized cards that let you win automatically. BUT they try to make them balanced enough so its not just all reward and no work.

A) Ex.: Exodia (Only 1 copy of each piece is allowed though, so you have to build a deck based around getting those pieces to your hand), the card "Last Turn", Destiny Board (TOTALLY usesless, even in casual games, LET ALONE tournaments), etc.

4. (Kinda): AND while they're technically Beatdown, Hand Destruction aims at removing your enemy's cards in his/her hand through the use of magics/traps and monsters with effects, and making sure they can't draw any more cards either so you can attack their Life Points while they can't do anything about it :evil: There's a FEW variations here, but not much.

6. shoujoaifan

shoujoaifan Active Member

P.S.: But yeah, there's definate room for improvement, and don't get me started on how most 4 Star Monsters under 1900 ATK and with no effect are useless and a waste of money when the 1900's came out. I was loosing interest awhile ago, but this kind of waste is one of the major reasons I quitted.

P.S.S. (I think): I've been reading up on the current game lately, and they've BANNED some of the really overpowerful cards, FINALLY.

Supposedly things are SOOO strategic that most of the time both players will slowly fill up Monster and Magic/Traps slots so they can launch a careful attack with lots of support, compared to when they rushed to attack as soon as possible and at most there would be 1-2 monsters and 2-3 Magic/Traps on each side instead of around 5 monsters and around 3-4 M/T :eek:

Freakin' SCAPEGOAT is now being used ALOT to set up a defense that would be a waste of resources for the enemy if they used M/T's on it instead of waiting for real monsters, and there's so much monster removal that attacking is seldom until they have all those resources.

So basically instead of mainly cooki-cutter Beatdown, its mainly cookie-cutter Beatdown/"Goat Control" decks running amok in tournaments :p

7. Harlan_Phoenix

Harlan_Phoenix Active Member

I only knew one person who could come up with a clever deck, and it was an awesome burn deck based around the Raging Flame Sprite...

Back when I played I once had a Shadow Ghoul deck...but it was so-so..

8. Strollymonster

Strollymonster NO SPRINGS!

1- Royal Decree negates all traps other than itself.

2- Spell Canceller and Silent Swordsman LV7 stops both player's spells, but Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8 allows you to negate whatever spells you wish at any time.

3- Dark Ruler Ha Des/Dark Baltar the Terrible/Terrorking Archfiend all negate the effects of monsters you destroy. Divine Wrath is a counter-trap that can negate an activated effect at the cost of a discard.

9. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

Yeah. Main reasons why I quit. It was cool when, you know, the game was balanced. And fun. And every player didn't own a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

~s7