1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

You're So Cool, Paper Mario

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Crazy Pineapple, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Crazy Pineapple

Crazy Pineapple Active Member

Today an ad for Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door aired strangely with the song "You're So Cool" composed by Hans Zimmer for True Romance. This got me to check out when this game is coming out. to my surprise it comes out in TWO DAYS! Who else is psyched for this game?

2. Opaque

Opaque mortal kombat imo

It's out in two days?

Holy God I really need to hurry and finish Tales of Symphonia.

3. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

yay!!!!!! and yoshi is also a team member in this game!!!!!!! (i am a huge yoshi fan ;))

4. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

Never played the original... I'd like to, though. It's too bad Nintendo gave it the worst marketing ever, naming the game based on its most controversial aspect (they might as well have called Wind Waker "3D Unrealistic Zelda") and releasing it on December 26th.

5. Shnay

Shnay Ne'er-Do-Well

I think Paper Mario is a great name. The style is great, but just as the case was with Wind Waker, some people just aren't going to appreciate it. I doubt a name change would help attract people to it.

Here are some early reviews. They're a little varied.

6. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

I liked Paper Mario on the 64. It was something different but at the same time too late because the 64 was losing attention due to the "Nintendo Dolphin". The sequel sounds cool but I'm gonna rent it before I make a decision.

7. Behonkiss

Behonkiss Just put an X here and here...

It's a baby Yoshi, not THE Yoshi.

I'm looking forward to this immensely, considering that the original ties with World for my favorite Mario game ever.

8. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

i'll be getting this game as soon as it comes out, which is ironically not the nation wide release date of monday. instead, i will be getting it around friday. fact is, i live in the midwest and the midwest is well known for getting their shipments in later than the coastal cities :mad:

GK

9. Shadow_Wolf75

Shadow_Wolf75 Fanfic writer of doom

I'd like to get the game sometime this week, but I don't really have my hopes up.

10. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

I also have to get "Tales" out of the way. I go bonkers when I have multiple RPGs on my plate.

11. Opaque

Opaque mortal kombat imo

I finished it yesterday, and I finished Mario Sunshine today.

I think it's safe to say that now that I have my RPG finished and my Mario game finished I can play this Mario RPG without guilt.

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Paper Mario for the N64 came out in February of 2001, not December 26, 2000.

Paper Mario was fine, but it dragged in places(especially in that flower world). Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga kicked the tails of both PM and SMRPG. M&L was the best Mario RPG ever; I'm hoping Thousand Year Door is just as good...and it should be, the same guy who wrote the English for M&L has written the English for Door.