1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your "X-Men: Evolution" spin-off

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Wonder Woman, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

It sounds like the show won't be coming back and alot of people, including myself, are disappointed. A show which transformed itself from a teen soap opera into hard action drama, I would have loved to have seen more. However, more X-Men shows are likely on the way, and it's possible - but unlikely - we could see the show revisisted. If there was to be a spin-off series which characters would you like it to be focused on, and why?

2. pip25

pip25 Also known as Steven P. P.

I would love to see a Brotherhood spinoff,
    SPOILER from Ascension:
    (perhaps set at the time they work at SHIELD, as seen in Xavier's vision)
    but it won't happen, because even though they do have an Evo fanbase, that isn't enough to make a new series. If they would have a comic fanbase (which if I am correct they don't have), then maybe Marvel would take the risk of making such a thing. But who would like those people from the comics when they don't even really have a personality there? :( (Avalanche is the best example, being the most complex character in the Evo Bhood, and being next to nothing as a person in the comics.)

3. Sandman

Sandman Lord Morpheus

I would watch it.

But as you said the Brotherhood have a fanbase, but probably not enough to carry a show at least initially. Marvel did a Brotherhood comic series, but was canceled not too long ago when it didn’t sell well. Evo is still one of the few Marvel mediums that gave its villains personality. Outside of Wolverine, I can’t see any character spinning off into their own show.

Is Evo really over? If Marvel wants to do it(and they do) then I think they will find a network to air it. Same thing with Spidey. Everything is up in the air right now so we just have to wait for an annoucement. But if it does come back I want them older and would like them to cut down on the cast somewhat and concentrate on fewer characters. I guess they would do the Phoenix saga with hopefully new twists and subplots. As long as they stick to their no aliens and time travel rule, they will be fine.

Avalanche gets helped a lot with his character on Evo because he is basically a new character like Spyke and X23. There was really not much personality wise they could draw off comic Avalanche, so they seemed to base more of his personality and looks off a New Mutant with similar powers named Richtor. Outside of his codename and team, he has little in common with comic Avalanche. They did a similar thing with Berzerker. Although they hinted at Ray Crisp’s past with the Morlocks. It will be interesting to see if they ever use Lance Alvers(they would have to get rid of the pun last name) in the comics. Nothing against Dominic Petros, but he was a nothing character, even when his buddy Pyro was around.

#3 Sandman, Jan 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2004
  4. StarryEyedRebel

StarryEyedRebel New Member

A spin off / new serious would be great.
    Make them a little older... toss in some more action... maybe better romances...
    As for just focusing more around one or a few... I kind of liked getting to see some of the other characters, like Cannonball and Jamie (though I wish they would have had more Jubilee and Wolfsbane).
    I'll be very disappointed if for sure Evolution doesn't come back, but as long as there's some form of X-Men around... ;)

5. STARTOUNZ

STARTOUNZ Best buds since the Stone Age

Aside from the New Mutants, I'd like to see a Morlocks-based series. It would be interesting to see what adventures they would have living in the sewers and all. Only in the later seasons did EVO have to deal with the bigotry they'd have to endure. But with the Morlocks being more freakish in appearance and more likely targets for attack, they'd certainly have to deal with it much more. With Spyke joining them, they're more capable of confronting the issue and fighting back against those who seek to harm them. Aside from giving Evan much needed screen time since he left the X-Men in season 3, this series could introduce that mutant hate group (Friendship of Humanity or whatever it's called :confused: ) into the fold with their various plans to wipe out mutants. This series would also give us more of a chance to see Callisto, Lucid, cute little Torpid, and possibly Leech, although in EVO, he's a young boy.

6. Jaquelle

Jaquelle Guest

Spin off

I would like to see a Rogue/Remy spin off, about Remy's family, and Ms Marvel, and it would be fun if they threw in bishop...:D

7. nyoung069

nyoung069 New Member

X-men -Beyond Evolution

Im pretty sure x-men evolution is no more, but it seems i heard that boyd kirkland and greg johnson( the main creative team behind evolution) were working on a fall cartoon for cartoon network. Hopefully someone can re affirm this or shed some more information about this. I don't know much about it other than they are wokring on something....maybe if we are lucky it will be like a spin off or a part 2 to evolution. X-men Beyond Evolution....sounds like a good title to me

8. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

My version of a X-Men Evolution spin-off would be based on Xavier's vision of the future(From Asension pt 2). The main bad guys be: The HellFire Club(featuring the evil Emma Frost), Mystique, Friends of Humanity(From the first X-Men cartoon), Sinister, and Apcolaspe.

9. Westlander

Westlander Active Member

I think Kirkland and Johnson didn't say the last word about XME yet. Who knows, maybe they'll do season five, or even six too...

10. Rakailla

Rakailla Guest

It'd be nice to see more of Lance and Pietro,maybe a little older,but not like they were seen in Proffesor X's vision.That was basicaly the only part I didn't like...at all.

11. Caswin

Caswin Active Member

Old-school X-Men crossover episode.

You know you'd watch it.

12. Weibart

Weibart Intercept Now!
    Reporter

Hey Rakailla and welcome to the forum! :)

In the future, if you come across an old topic you'd like to reply to, rather than post in an old thread, feel free to just make a new thread. Bumping old threads can cause confusion.

Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.