1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Your TOP 5 Scooby Doo episodes...

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by marko_scooby, Oct 2, 2006.

1. marko_scooby

marko_scooby Member

Everyone choose your absolute 5 favourite Scooby Doo episode of all time, that means from any Scooby Doo cartoons, whether it be from "Scooby Doo Where Are You?" or from "The Scooby Doo Show" or "The Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show" etc.

For me it would be:

1# "What a Knight for a Knight" (Scooby Doo Where Are You?)
    2# "The No-Faced Zombie Chase Case" (The Scooby Doo Show)
    3# "The Headless Horseman of Halloween" (The Scooby Doo Show)
    4# "A Clue for Scooby Doo" (Scooby Doo Where Are You?)
    5# "Scared a Lot in Camelot" (The Scooby Doo Show)

"What the Hex is Going on" (Scooby Doo Where Are You?) and " Watt a Shocking Ghost" (The Scooby Doo Show) where in close contention for me.

What is your TOP 5?

2. muttley123

muttley123 Member

A night of fright is no delight - SD Where are you?
    Hassle in the Castle - SD where are you?
    A Tiki Scare is no fair - SD where are you?
    Haunted House Hang-up - SD where are you?
    A good medium is rare (with Phyllis Diller) - New SD movies

3. Kolbar

Kolbar @Cinecrisis on Twitter

This is so hard! I like so many of them that it's hard to choose but here goes:

#5. A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle (New Scooby-Doo Mysteries)
    #4. The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair w/ Batman and Robin (New Scooby Movies)
    #3. High Rise Hair Raiser (Scooby-Doo Show)
    #2. The Haunted Horseman of Hagglethorn Hall w/ Davy Jones (New Scooby Movies)
    #1. What the Hex Going On? (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?)

Honorable mentions go out to A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts, Spooky Space Kook, A Menace in Venice, the Spirits of '76, the No-Face Zombie Chase Case, A Frightened Hound Meets Demons Underground, The Scarab Lives!, The Neon Phantom of the Roller Disco, and I Left My Neck in San Francisco.

4. Mister Intensity

Mister Intensity Active Member

At least someone admits to liking episodes from the Scrappy-era. Although in my opinion the post-Scrappy era wasn't good until the Fearless Detectives episodes. I'll post my list when I get home in a few hours.

Mister Intensity

5. Simon Trent

Simon Trent Member

I can't remember titles:

1) The one with the hypnotist clown and a gold coin.
    2) The one with the caveman.
    3) The one with that monster made of cheese.
    4) The one with that guy who looked like Vincent Price and a little boy who were helping Daphne, Shaggy, Scooby, and Scrappy with some ghosts and stuff.
    5) The one with the witch and the zombie.

6. Mister Intensity

Here are my top five Scooby episodes:

1. What the Hex is Going On (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You) - Lots of stuff happens in this episode and was the highlight of the first season.
    2. Homeward Hound (What's New Scooby-Doo) - Interestingly Scooby-Doo was the show that divided the "classic H-B" era and the later 70's, yet this episode evoked the earlier H-B era that Scooby wasn't a part of.
    3. Scooby-Doo, Where's the Crew (Scooby-Doo and Dynomutt) - An exciting seaside adventure with the gang constantly being chased by a group of ghosts.
    4. Ship of Ghouls (Thirteen Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) - I like the idea of a stressed out Scooby-Doo. He's been constantly been chased during the preceeding sixteen years worth of cartoons so it would make sense that he would be all nerves.
    5. The No Face Zombie Chase (Scooby-Doo and Dynomutt) - Another action packed episode where the gang constantly bumbing into the creatures of the week.

Mister Intensity

7. Kolbar

Let's see, those would be:

1) Bedlam in the Big Top (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?)
    2) Scooby's Night With a Frozen Fright (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?)
    3) Wanted Cheddar Alive (A Pup Named Scooby-Doo)
    4) The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo - this one is actually an entire series
    5) Which Witch is Which? (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?)

I've been rewatching some of the classic Scrappy episodes mainly the half-hour ones with the entire gang and the later New Scooby Mysteries episodes and I find them quite enjoyable. Do people really think Scrappy is so annoying that they can't watch these episodes or are people afraid to admit that they like him?

8. Mister Intensity

I think for awhile it became hip to hate Scrappy. Personally, I don't hate Scrappy, per say, but I do feel that the low point of Scooby-Doo was the 1977-1981 period, the period that marked the end of the Mystery Inc. era and the beginning of the Scrappy era. I believe that the last year without Scrappy was so bad they needed to do something to freshen things up, hence the arrival of Scrappy-Doo. Of course, I've been saying that for years.

I'm not a fan of the first Scrappy season at all, since it carried over the flaws of the previous season plus Scrappy was really obnoxious during that first year. They did a smart thing by softening him up after that first season and I enjoy watching the 1982-1985 episodes and I wish Boomerang would rotate them in more often.

One of these days, I'm going to watch the series from beginning to end (or at least to last week's episode since it's still on). I wish they would rerun the shows that way.

Mister Intensity

9. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I like the one with

• The robot
    • Hypnotising clown
    • The alien that looks like a skeleton
    • The Addams family one
    • Caveman one

10. Kolbar

Let's see...

1.) Foul Play in Funland (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?)
    2.) Bedlam in the Bigtop (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?)
    3.) A Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle (The Scooby-Doo Show)
    4.) Wednesday is Missing w/ the Addams Family (New Scooby Movies)
    5.) Scooby's Night With a Frozen Fright (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?)

11. Eric B

Eric B Active Member

Dynamic Scooby Doo Affair (first w/Batman)
    Loch Ness Mess (2nd w/Globetrotters)
    Night of Fright Is No Delight
    Haunted House Hangup
    Myster of Haunted Island (3rd w/Globetrotters)

Honorable mention: Frickert Fracas (w/Johnathan Winters) Ghost of the Red Baron (2nd w/3 Stooges) Spooky Fog and Guess Who's Knott Coming to Dinner (w/Don Knotts) Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts, Backstage Rage, Halloween Hassle in Dracula's Castle, Chiller Diller Movie Thriller (w/Scooby Dee&Dum)

Notice how they don't make stuff with settings like these anymore? (mostly basic "haunted house"). Everything seems to be travelling abroad, with both the Tiki and Loch Ness themes repeated, and now mummy and pirates again. From what I saw, WNSD was all like this as well. No wonder the totally new show, but I wish at least one DTV would be like these old classics!

12. FredVelDaphFan

FredVelDaphFan Is a human being

(1)A night of Fright is No Delight.
    A delightful "inspired parody" of Agatha Christy's classic novel "10 Little Indians"

(2)Bedlam in the Bigtop
    this was good because it was scary. This was the only villain that almost caused bodily harm to the gang. Daphne could have been killed rising that unicycle!

(3)The Computer Walks Among Us (PNSD)
    It showed Valma as afalilble human being, a way that she was never shown before.

(4)The Harum Scarum Sanitarium (Scooby Doo Show)
    This was another creepy one that I liked mainly for its creepiness.

(5)A Menace in Venice
    Loved the scenery and the attention to accuracy when depicting the city.

13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That's the way I feel. I don't hate Scrappy. He just never was one of my favorites. Though he was better in the later eps when he matured. Especially in the "13 Ghosts." I hope they release that one on DVD.

14. TheMecca

I can't pick 5, but the only good episodes in my eyes were the following 2:
    • Don Knotts on New Scooby Movies
    • Phyllis Diller on said Scooby Movies

15. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

Man how do you guy's know the episode titles? I have a bad memory but I like the ones that are centered around Shaggy the best :D And that's from any remake of Scooby-Doo.

16. Eric B

Eric B Active Member

The snow ghost almost cut Velma in half.
    The guy from the Sandy Duncan episode almost causes harm several times, (trying to make the lamppost fall on Sandy, etc) and not only that, but he gets away with it not only not being arrested, but given a movie contract in the studio they were in as well.

17. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Some favorite episodes of mine (in no particular order):

- The Computer Walks Among Us (Pup Named Scooby Doo): An episode focused on Velma, plus the most amusing cheesy-fake-rock-song chase scene/song number ever (the lyrics are a riot...).

- Jeepers, It's the Creeper (What's New Scooby Doo): Always liked the Creeper as a villain....

- The Scooby-Doo movies episode with Cass Elliot

18. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

I guess I should play.

A Night of Fright is No Delight: Like FredVelDaphFan said, it has a clever plot. Also, a ghost so nifty they brought the design back for the "ice cream phantoms" in "The Ghost of the Bad Humor Man."

Spooky Space Kook: Another great villain design, and the most chilling laugh in the series.

Go Away Ghost Ship: A lovely pirate galleon, and a ghost with a wicked sense of humor.

What the Hex Going On?: Stylish look for the ghost of Elias Kingston; dig those crazy threads from the 1820s. We also get a skeleton (pretty intense for the day) and the classic "do you want your palm read?" gag.

Haunted House Hang up: A well-designed haunted house, and a good twist at the end with the ghost being a good guy.

Honorable mentions (because it's so hard to choose): "What a Knight for a Night," "A Clue for Scooby Doo," "Hassle in the Castle," "The Harum Scarum Sanitarium," "The No-Faced Zombie Chase Case," and "What a Shocking Ghost!"

19. marapets

marapets New Member

what a knight for a knight is the first one i ever saw and its still the best. any 5 in scooby doo where are you seiries for me it all went downhill from there on:):)

20. josie

josie Well-Known Member

I was always shocked how bad animation was in ''The Creepy Creature of Vulture's Claws'' episode. Why is it?