1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your top 5 Marvel theme songs?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Zorak Masaki, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

What are your 5 fav theme songs from the marvel cartoons and why? You can include any show, from the 60s up to today. Heres my top 5, in no paticular order:
    1. Captain America (1966): Just a fun, upbeat (though incredibly short) theme that sums up cap's character
    2. Spider-Man (1967): Its a classic, and one of the few cartoon themes that almost everyone remembers
    3. Iron Man (season 2, 1995): Bombastic and epic, something missing from most cartoon intros nowadays
    4. X-Men (1992): Loved the main riff, as well as the buildup to the end of the theme
    5. Spider-Man (1994)): Great guitar work by Joe Perry, and i dug the electronic voices as well.

2. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

Here are mine in order:

1) X-Men (90's)
    2) Iron Man season 2 (90's)
    3) Fantastic Four season 2 (90's)
    4) Spider-Man (90's)
    5) X-Men Evolution

I've heard all the 60's themes, and they're pretty fun (particularly Thor's), but my heart lies in the 90's.

Incidentally, I much prefer the Avengers end theme to the opening one. I'd also like to hear the Wolverine and the X-Men theme without all the noises.

3. henrysmythe

henrysmythe Member

1. Spider-Man (1967) - A classic!
    2. The Spectacular Spider-Man - A fun and highly addictive tune.
    3. Fantastic Four season 2 (90's) - It just screams Fantastic Four. Sounds even better when compared to the bizarre theme of WGH.
    4. X-Men (90's) - Any child of the nineties who grew up watching this show will instantly recognize this theme. None of the other X-Men shows have had themes this memorable. Though that could just be the nostalgia talking.
    5. Iron Man season 2 (90's) - Very loud and epic.

4. SpaceWay2008

SpaceWay2008 Member

1.)The Spectacular Spider-Man, because it's catchy!
    2.) Spider-Man: The New Animated Series, because I like the trance/techno music.
    3.)Spider-Man; The Animated Series, because the guitar sounded cool.
    4.)None
    5.)None

5. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm well Im not sure about order but here are my top 5.

1) Iron Man( 90s ) - Season 2 Intro - The song easily pumps the viewer up with blaring guitars and the illogical imagery of a shirtless Tony hammering his armor in that awesome dimly lit work place of his. Still awesome though

2) Spider-Man( 90s ) - Intro - Whenever this song wasn't shortened its one of my favorites. Yet again another guitar solo( which was the style of the time ) from one half of the toxic twins himself. As a kid it always pumped me up.

3) X Men( 90s ) - Intro - No noticeable guitar solos here but this theme always made the show sound more epic. It was also the first Marvel theme I heard.

4) Spider Man( 60s ) - This song is so 60s its awesome. It seems pretty timeless as people that weren't born in the 60s know the words.

5) The Incredible Hulk( 90s ) - This was a tough one as there are other show themes I like( Spectacular, FF:WGH, X men EVO ) but this one is the winner for last spot. It has a very creepy atmosphere and also epic sounding. Very different from most other Marvel toons.

6. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Member

1. X-Men (90s) - classic
    2. Spider-Man (90s)
    3. X-Men: Evolution
    4. Spectacular Spider-Man
    5. Spider-Man (60s)

7. batsy2

batsy2 Active Member

1.Spectacular spider-man
    2.X-men 90's
    3.Iron Man Season 2
    4.Spider-Man Unlimited
    5.Spider-man The Animated Series

8. Arjun

Arjun Member

Difficult, but I'd settle with this-
    1. X-Men (1992): Seasons one to four
    2. Iron Man (1994): The Keith Emerson version
    3. Fantastic Four (1996): The second season theme
    4. Spider-Man (1994): Joe Perry
    5. Avengers UWS: The theme was the only good thing largely.
    I'd sneak in the old Spiderman and Captain America/Thor quickie themes, just for nostalgia.

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

1) X-Men
    2) Spectacular Spider-Man
    3) Fantastic Four (90's, 2nd season) / Iron Man (2nd season) tie
    4) Spider-Man, 1981 ( I always prefered it to the Amazing Friends theme)
    5) Fantastic Four (60's)

Honorable Mentions - The Incredible Hulk theme from 1982 was a cool and dramatic piece of music. I don't like the 1996 theme as much but it worked. I thought all of the Marvel Superheroes themes were pretty cool, my least favorite were the Hulk and Thor themes though. The 60's Spider-Man was incredibly catchy and the 1994 Marvel Action Hour themes were guilrty pleasures. The themes for the last two X-Men series were both pretty good. The themes for the Mtv Spider-Man and Unlimited worked but were nothing memorable. I liked Joe Perry's Spider-Man a lot as a kid, but liked it a lot less later on (kind of the same way I feel about the show).

10. Webbed-Wonder

Webbed-Wonder Still thwipping!

1. Spider-Man TAS full 60 second theme
    2. Iron Man season 2
    3. The Spectacular Spider-Man - The full two and a half minute theme is the best
    4. X-Men: Evolution
    5. Spider-Man (1967)

11. sdp

sdp miscrave

1. X-men tas
    2. Hulk tas s1
    3. Spiderman tas
    4. Fantastic Four 90s s1
    5. spectacular spiderman

I'm not sure if its just 90s nostalgia but I really don't think so since they are amazing themes. X-mens is amazing, you can really feel the prejudice and heroism/tragedy in the theme song. Hulks is another amazing song, like the x-mens its also pretty dark and its actually darker and the sense of the banner having to deal with hulk and hulk with the world is really felt. The 90s spiderman is just a great electronic song. F4's first season is a lot better than the second one, this one might have some nostalgia factor to it but the lyrics just make me smile, though I heard the old F4 cartoon theme song way more times than this one so scratch the nostalgia factor. Spectaculars theme song is catchy yet it has something special. I didn't chose Spiderman 67 because even though its so well known and even I know it, its kind of like the 60s batman song, everyone knows it and likes it somewhat but its not a good theme.
    Also didn't list iron man's S2 theme since while I agree it starts off pretty bad ass the rest is just not that good, I think if you took out the beginning of the S2 theme then first seasons theme would actually be better.

12. satam55

satam55 Active Member

#1 90's Spider-Man Intro (Both the regular 1 minute intro and the 30 second intro)

#2 90's X-Men 5th Season Intro (I don't understand why people hate this version of the intro. I like it better than the classic regular intro)

#3 X-Men Evolution Extended Intro (A.K.A. the 3rd & 4th season Intro)

#4 90's Iron Man 2nd season Intro

#5 Tie between 90's X-Men Seasons 1-4 Intro and X-Men Evolution Season 1 & 2 intro.

13. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

1. 1990's Spider-Man: Pure awesome! I still hum it (I can't whistle)

2. Spectacular Spider-Man: Very catchy! "Spectacular, Spectacular SpiderMan, Spectaculaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!"

3. Iron Man Season 2: Very dark and fitting.

4. The Incredible Hulk (1990's): Hard hitting, perfect for Hulk.

5. 1960's Spider-Man: It's legendary, even though I find it overrated.

#13 Spideyzilla, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
  14. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

I don't think anyone can whistle that!

15. satam55

satam55 Active Member

Agreed!!!!! The 90's spider-man intro is has always been better.

16. SpideyFan914

TSSM's is better still!

17. satam55

satam55 Active Member

LOL!!! No, it's not!! TSSM's Intro sounds like a pop music footnote. (It's almost on the same level with 90's Fantastic Four Season 1 Intro)

90's Spider-Man intro is much more badass.

18. SpideyFan914

But, the one problem with the TAS intro is that it just doesn't fit Spider-Man. It's not some fun, catchy song which gets stuck in your head - it's, like, heavy metal, or something....

19. satam55

satam55 Active Member

I completely disagree!!!! It's fits a serious older college-age Spider-Man perfectly, while TSSM intro fits a younger High School aged Spider-man. Look how many people have the intro in their top 5 marvel song list and the intro is definitely catchy.

20. SpideyFan914

Hey, I never said I didn't LIKE the intro! Only that TSSM's is better!
    (Oh, and, by the way, I completely disagree with your assessment.)