1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Top 10 Favorite Comic Book Cartoons

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Frank Castle, Feb 5, 2007.

1. creativerealms

creativerealms Active Member

1: Superman TAS
    2: Batman TAS
    3: TMNT 2003
    4: JL/JLU
    5: X-men Evo
    6: Batman Beyound
    7: X-men (fox)
    8: The Tick
    9: Spawn
    10: The batman

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

The best Marvel cartoons?

10. Spider-Woman (ABC/DePatie-Freleng 1979-80). How could this show go wrong? ABC had it on before lunch, you had Joan Van Ark (Knots Landing) voicing the title character, and some good stories. And IIRC, it was coupled with Scooby & Scrappy-Doo in the 11-12 hour.

9. Incredible Hulk (1996-98, UPN): They brought back Lou Ferrigno to be the voice of the Hulk, which was cool. They did their best to be true to the comics, and She-Hulk was added to the mix in season 2.

8. Silver Surfer (Fox-Saban 1999): This was never given a fair chance. I only saw a portion of one episode, otherwise I'd rate it higher.

7. Fantastic Four (NBC/DePatie-Freleng 1978-79): Amazingly, this show was blacked out in the Albany NY market, and at that time our cable system also had the NBC affil from Utica, which is how I was able to watch the show. Johnny Storm was booted in favor of H.E.R.B.I.E because of paranoia over parental concerns.

6. Incredible Hulk (NBC-Marvel Prods. 1982-85): You had to suffer through Stan Lee's narration, which really wasn't necessary. In fact, the inclusion of Lee was the jump-the-shark moment for Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends. Michael Bell was the voice of Bruce Banner, beginning his long association with Marvel Productions (also worked on GI Joe), but I'm not sure if he also did Hulk.

5. Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends (NBC-Marvel Prods. 1981-85): Marvel decided they needed to start Spidey's 2nd run on SatAM with a Super Friends rip-off. Some stories were hokey, which would happen about every 2-3 weeks. The big bonus? Firestar would eventually jump into the Marvel Universe proper a few years later.

4. X-Men: Evolution (WB): As good as this show was, it fell victim to the network's lameass methodology of scheduling, doing all they can to avoid taking Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh (the latter now on Fox) off the schedule and give this series the respect it deserves. It even got dissed by Cartoon Network, if you could believe it. Wouldn't be surprised to see this get picked up by Toon Disney for Jetix.

3. X-Men (both versions): One of the few properties handled almost perfectly. They stayed true to comics history, even adapting the Dark Phoenix saga from the 80's. A shame that it had to end, but maybe there's a means to revive the show?

2. Fantastic Four (ABC/Hanna-Barbera 1967): Sure, there was a rights problem that kept them from actually using Sub-Mariner (Prince Triton of Pacifica? Please!), but they did use Dr. Doom & Galactus. ABC kept it around until 1970, and I'd rather see this on DVD instead of the French-produced atrocity CN has now.

1. Spider-Man (ABC/Grantray-Lawrence/Krantz 1967-70): The theme song has become as much an icon as the hero himself, although I could do without the Homer Simpson parody earlier this year. Ralph Bakshi was brought aboard about halfway through the first season to help, and the series turned the corner to Respectability Blvd. from there.

3. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

1) SOLO SPIDERMAN 1981
    2) SPIDERMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES
    3) SPIDERMAN 1967 SEASON1 (BAKSHI'S WORK SUCKS)
    4) SPIDERMAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS
    5) 1982 INCREDIBLE HULK
    6) 1980's SUPERMAN
    7) BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES
    8) 1987 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
    9) TINTIN
    10) ASTERIX