1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Team of Avengers

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Donald Duck 12, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Donald Duck 12

Donald Duck 12 Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!

Attention!: This is a rip-off of the You Cast the Secret Wars and Your X-team!

So what would your team of Avengers be? You can have as many or as few as you want. The catch for this one is you don't need to explain the resoning (sometimes a team just works on it's own). Here's mine:

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Ant-Man (RIP)
    Wasp
    She-Hulk
    Hakeye

#1 Donald Duck 12, Aug 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2004
  2. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

just one team?

Black panther
    Spider-Man
    Hulk
    Namor
    Photon
    Thor
    Scarlet Witch

3. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

I think I may explain myself anyway. This is the idea for what the team would be if I were making Avengers: the Movie or another cartoon show. It's based off of the Cap's Kooky Quartet period with variations:

Captain America: He's been the backbone of the team and their keystone icon since he got thawed out by the rest of the Avengers. He would need to be there just on principle. Plus, he's cool.

Giant Man: Hank Pym and his problems have been a big part of Avengers lore for a long time, so he's gotta be there. The reason I picked the Giant Man identity is because I wanted Wasp to handle the shrinking and bug stuff, and I wanted the Eric Josten version of Goliath in the Masters of Evil. Giant Man was the only usable name left.

Wasp: She started as sort of a flaky sidekick character who eventually became a team mainstay. She's there as the team's second in command and official media spokeswoman. She's sort of going to be Ant-Man and Wasp combined in my version. She's got a sleeker variation of Ant-Man's cybernetic helmet that allows her to communicate with insects. Not to mention, shrinking, flight and her Wasp's sting.

Hawkeye: Every team needs its smart-alecky rogue member. The guy who can break the rules and look good doing it. He's always been cool as the ex-villain who tries to make good. If it were a movie, he'd probably be a little bit less ex-super villain and more ex-high scale, bow wielding thief.

Scarlet Witch: Wanda's another mainstay. I always liked her more mystical, spiritual slant to things. She's also got that shady past to work past, like Hawkeye. Plus, some of her relationships are famous in the Avengers canon. She's probably the emotional center of the team.

Quicksilver: I think Pietro often gets the short end of the stick when it comes to Avengers membership. When they married him off to Crystal from The Inhumans (a match I never quite understood) he all but disappeared. It's an interesting situation with him. The Avengers are all about trust. Yet, Pietro hardly seems to trust anyone himself. It's something that should be explored. He may trust Wanda and he may trust Capt. America, but that's about it. I don't think he even trusts himself. Then again, after some of the crap he went through, I'd find it hard to be trusting too.

Wonder Man: A favorite of mine and a good strong-man character. He's always been sort of been an ordinary man in a world of super-men. He's a guy who can be plagued with doubts about his effectiveness as a superhero, but also fight his way back from beyond death's door. He's seen other worlds and alien races, but he still dreamed of making it as an actor. Plus, Simon's got a pretty cool connection with Scarlet Witch.

Vision: In my "movie plan", Vision wouldn't show up until the sequel when Wonder Man is . . . out of the picture. Vision is probably the Avengers' big break-away character. A quiet, logical android who is trying to fit into a world of human beings. He's become almost as much a mainstay as Cap or Wanda. He has to be included at one point.

That's about it. These aren't all the Avengers I like, but I thought I'd start with these eight. Like I said, it was based on my idea for what an Avengers movie series would be like. I have it planned out in my head out to a fourth movie. If I had control of the comic, I'd probably be changing the line-up constantly. There are so many good characters in the canon.