1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your preferred "Scooby-Doo" series

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by George3000, Sep 12, 2009.

?

Which is YOUR preferred "Scooby-Doo" series

1. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. The New Scooby-Doo Movies

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. The Scooby-Doo Show

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (1979-1980)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (1980-1983)

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. The All New Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show/The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  7. The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  8. A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  9. What's New Scooby-Doo?

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  10. Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. George3000

George3000 Member

As it's Scooby-Dooby-Doo's 40th birthday this weekend, and with the new live action DTV movie coming up, and soon a new Scooby series to follow, I thought it be better to ask what is your preferred Scooby-Doo series from the past 40 years.

1. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    2. The New Scooby-Doo Movies
    3. The Scooby-Doo Show
    4. Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (with Lennie Wenrib voicing Scrappy)
    5. Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (with Don Messick taking over the role of the pint-size pup)
    6. The New Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show/The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries (the return of Daphne Blake)
    7. The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo (my preferred Scooby series, mostly due to Daphne's hairstyle in this series)
    8. A Pup Named Scooby-Doo (my whole introduction to the Scooby-Doo franchise as a kid)
    9. What's New Scooby-Doo?
    10. Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue! (my least favorite Scooby series, partly due to the character designs here)

2. AnimationX

AnimationX R.I.P Tangath Toborn

I am one of the Scooby-Doo haters, well, not so much a hater but I am one who has never liked the franchise and can definatly 'Doo' without it. The only series I could really stomach was A Pup named Scooby-Doo and even at that I could only deal with it on occassion.

3. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

A Pup Named Scooby Doo is by far my favorite. It had the most character and felt the most fun.

4. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

For me, it's a virtual tie between Scooby-Doo Where Are You? and The Scooby-Doo Show. I must give a ton of credit to Scooby-Doo Where Are You for being the first Scooby series, but The Scooby-Doo Show had more original villains. So if I had to pick, I'd say that one. But both are fantastic.

5. Collie

Collie Total Drama Llama

What's New, Scooby-Doo for me. It gave some schtick to Fred, Daphne and Velma, was well-drawn, and did a fine job of not taking itself too seriously. 13 Ghosts gets the #2 spot.

6. SpongeJosh

SpongeJosh A Bold Kid

Scooby Doo, Where Are You? is my favorite just because I remember watching all the reruns on CN while growing up. I also really like A Pup Named Scooby Doo because it was one of the only babyfication shows I liked. 13 Ghosts was good too. Outside of the series I liked some of the movies too, like Boo Brothers, Ghoul School, Reluctant Werewolf, Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost and Alien Invaders.

7. AnimationX

AnimationX R.I.P Tangath Toborn

I would have to agree with this, and another big thing about the show I loved was the theme song, it still haunts me to this day! :crying:

8. JD08

JD08 Active Member

A pup name scooby doo always I liked it and 13 ghost the rest just bored me especially What's new scooby doo crappy indie rock and a art change couldn't save it from being the same as before and the only reason i like the above mention because it's scooby as a puppy and it was more comedic and cause the 13 ghost got real. solving mysteries just doesn't appeal to me especially with a talking dog and it was about as funny as the jetsons were

9. TheGunheart

TheGunheart Darkness and Disgrace

I'm in the "Pup" crowd. It was just the most lively and fun, and I liked how you could always solve the actual mystery, and the zany nature and diverse settings kept things from being quite as stale as the previous series.

Plus, the music was pretty good, and they actually had episodes that focused on characters besides Shaggy and Scooby.

I can't remember if I genuinely liked 13 Ghosts, but it had Vincent Price, which somehow managed to negate the suck of having Flim-Flam on the cast. However, the fact that it had a plot that never finished is one of those things that frustrates me to no end. They had only two ghosts left, darn it!

10. purewitz

purewitz Member

I went with Scooby-Doo Where Are You?, because its the original and the best. It created a mold that other shows would be made from. It started the whole meddling kids and a talking animal solve a mystery craze, but no one does it better than Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. Gang.

11. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Hear, Hear!!

12. Collie

Collie Total Drama Llama

Apparently, I'm the only person here who didn't much care for Pup.

13. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

No you aren't. I'm shocked by the number of people that prefer that to classics that did the most for animations as a whole. I don't hate Pup Named Scooby-Doo, I thought it was half-decent. But there is no comparison in my opinion.

14. STARTOUNZ

STARTOUNZ Best buds since the Stone Age

Same for me for the second series since it seemed to have more of the scare factor than the original one. The villains seemed creepier and more threatening to the Scooby gang.

15. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Is it too heretical to say What's New? I love the original series but it could get boring after a while. There's only so many times you can watch Scooby mess around with a small animal that's outsmarting him while a laugh track plays. What's New? keeps it fresher and funnier simply because we have more characters with more developed personalities in play.

16. Dr. Dave

Dr. Dave Member

I gotta go with the original, Scooby Doo, Where Are You? It made my Saturday mornings a whole lot more fun.

The other series were an unimpressive lot. However, I did think that What's New, Scooby Doo? was a very good effort.

17. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

I'll go with 13 Ghosts. I prefer real supernatural stuff over fake supernatural stuff, story-wise. Plus, with the cast they had, it was a different dynamic than most Scooby shows. It essentially had Daphne as the leader, a smarter and more useful version of Scrappy and there was Flim-Flam as the fast-talking, tricky kid (yes, I even liked Flim-Flam).

18. Still HowardFein

Glad to see I'm not the only one who liked 13 GHOSTS! Along with the presence of real supernaturalism, it returned to a full half-hour episode format which allowed for more expansive storytelling and a more mature approach. The animation and production values seemed a cut above most previous DOO series and H-B cartoons overall. And the scripts combined some genuinely scary moments with very sharp, satirical humor- a trademark of head writer Tom Ruegger.

Flim-Flam was actually rather annoying to me, to the point that he made Scrappy almost likeable in comparison. But I loved how Daphne looked in her new pantsuit!;)

19. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

What's New, Scooby-Doo? for taking the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? formula but making all of the characters funny, quirky and interesting, not just Scooby and Shaggy (actually, the later personas of Fred, Velma and Daphne started out on A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, which I'm admittedly not as fond of, but it does deserve some credit for trying something different) and The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, for take the evolution of Scooby further by having him hunt down real ghosts and ghouls. Though I would have enjoyed 13 Ghosts a lot more if the whole gang had returned for it, not just Daphne.

Least favorites: The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show shorts, with just Scoob, Shag and Scrappy being chased around by some different big bully character, and Scrappy and Yabba-Doo, which featured Scrappy in the West with yet another uncle, a grey-furred cowboy lawman version of Scooby, complete with his own Shaggy, a lanky cowpoke named Deputy Dusty.

20. Nickle98499

Nickle98499 Member

My favorites would have to be Scooby Doo Where Are You, New Scooby Doo Movies, The Scooby Doo Show and What's New Scooby Doo; next would have to be Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo and the 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo. I originally hated the Scooby and Scrappy Doo episodes but after seeing how much downright detest and hatred there is for Scrappy out there, I changed my tune; Scrappy really wasn't that bad to be honest. A pup named Scooby Doo was really bad IMO, and so was Shaggy and Scooby Get A Clue, I hope that show never gets rerun on Cartoon Network, it was awful.