1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Opinions on The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (1976)

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by ClassicTVMan1981, Sep 6, 2014.

1. ClassicTVMan1981

As lackluster as it may seem, what are your overall opinions concerning THE SCOOBY-DOO/DYNOMUTT HOUR (1976) and its two segments (SCOOBY-DOO and DYNOMUTT, DOG WONDER)?

Within these two segments, do any of the animation styles of the Golden Age-era animators credited here--Ed Barge, Bob Bransford, Volus Jones, Tony Love, Ken Muse, Don Patterson, Vive Risto, Ken Southworth, Dave Tendlar, Dick Thompson and Carlo Vinci--recall some of the past work these people did (for WB, MGM and/or Famous Studios/Paramount)? For DYNOMUTT, only Ed Barge, Bob Bransford, Tony Love, Vive Risto and Dave Tendlar contributed among this short list. Furthermore of this list, Bransford also only contributed to DYNOMUTT.

~Ben

2. likewow

likewow Member

This is the first Scooby cartoon I watched in 'real time': I was a kid in 1976, and this was brand new Scooby Doo. With the same great background music and plot style of the original show that I had seen rerun the prior two years. Velma's voice wasn't as good, but I got used to it. For Scooby fans, this is a nice extension of "Scooby Doo Where Are You?." And considering there are only 24 episodes of that show, the years 1976 to 1979 were heaven because we got so many new episodes in the same format. I watched the Dynomutt segments too, but it wasn't as entertaining.