1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Looney Tunes Show Ideas

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Cartoon Ruler, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I'm a huge fan of Looney Tunes and someday when I grow up and become a cartoonist, I'll like to pass some of my LT show ideas to Warner Bros., in hopes of them becoming an actual series. To start of this thread, here's two of my ideas I've made up so far:

*I'll give Lola Bunny her own show. I'll call it Lola's Wacky World or The Looney Adventures of Lola Bunny. In this show, Lola is the main protagonist (unlike previous Looney Tunes series, this one actually has a female protagonist, something more cartoons need). She's a ditzy, bubbly, wacky, loony and adorkable female bunny (much like herself in The Looney Tunes Show) that does idiotic stuff in every episode and get away with it (like what SpongeBob and Patrick does all the time) in a unintentional way. She'll also have enemies to face (and not just female counterparts of the male LT characters, there need to be original ones as well). It could pretty much be like a love-hate relationship with Wander and Lord Hater from Wander Over Yonder. One of her enemies could be a mean-spirited alpha drama queen who constantly tries to be better than Lola and make fun of her for no apparent reason other than to be proud of it. That character, at the same time, should also have a personality to balance out her character.

Lola as a character will also have Bugs as her boyfriend, but less of a stalker to him. She'll also have Tina Russo as her sane and wise best friend who's the straight woman to her. She'll live in a rabbit hole next to her boyfriend Bugs and have more comedic adventures as the show goes on.

*Daffy Duck could use another series as well. He hasn't had one since Duck Dodgers. This one will be about him being a father. He'll be married to Tina Russo and have three children. Much like a similar premise to Quack Pack, Daffy must learn how to be a good parental guardian to his three kids. He'll still be a lazy, idiotic and selfish jerk from time to time, but he'll always have a heart of gold when it comes to his wife and children. Daffy will also have some friends as well, including Bugs and Porky.

Oh, and this show will be a slice-of-life kind of show in more of a loony and wacky way, so that Looney Tunes spark will still be there.

With that said, I'll call that show The Duck Family or The Daffy Duck Show, or even Daddy Duck. Either way works, IMO.

Now that I've listed me, what are some of your ideas for a Looney Tunes series (or movie, theatrical short or any other kind of media)? I'll like to hear them myself.

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

A while back I had an idea for a Looney Tunes show called Acme Oop! Rather than repeat myself, I'll just link to it.

3. classictoonami

I got 2 ideas one is bugs and friends save the world from a supervillain and his or her army and here 's the twist it's drawn and animated anime style for a total of 52 1 hour episodes. number two idea is wabbit style but cg animated

4. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

The first idea sounds like Loonatics Unleashed, and we saw how that turned out; The premise of Bugs Bunny and friends doing serious superhero stuff went over as well as liver flavored ice cream. Mind you, a Looney Tunes as superheroes show (a Just-Us League of Super Toons series, if you will) could conceivably work, as long as said series were a straight-up parody and was done completely tongue-in-cheek and not serious. As LU has shown us, Looney Tunes style humor and superhero action are 2 different sensibilities that don't mesh very well. Also, I'm not feeling the anime style artwork or the hour long episodes idea; Regarding the former, if fans disliked Jessica Borutski's character designs for The Looney Tunes Show, you can imagine how they'd fell about Bugs and company being rendered anime style. As for the latter, it smacks too much of Justice League season 1 and the LT characters work best in a shorts format. Hour long episodes wouldn't be a good fit for LT. I say make it 2 eleven minute shorts per show. No cliffhanger endings, sagas or story arcs. That's how I would do it.

As for the second idea, we haven't seen any animations of Wabbit yet, so we don't really know what the animation style is going to be, and while I wouldn't be against said show being done in CGI (provided that it was good CGI), but a lot of hardcore LT fans would resist to the last and vent about the animation before the show had even premiered.

5. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

It seems that you're describing Loonatics Unleashed (2005-2007)based on your description. A series like that already exists and we all saw what happen. Loonatics bombed because of bad ratings, lack of merchandise sales and the fact that most people didn't like the idea of retooling the Looney Tunes into some hardcore action-adventure/drama cartoon series a la Justice League. Even I was despise by this.

A Looney Tunes superhero show could work however, but it'll have to be all comedy or at least an action-comedy similar to Batman: The Brave and The Bold or The Super Hero Squad Show. The Looney Tunes works best for comedy. A lot of people from generation to generation grew up with the Looney Tunes just to get some laughs and that's not going to stop anytime soon.

And as much as I respect your ideas, a 1-hour LT-centric episode is too dang long. IMO, Looney Tunes would work best as 7- or 11- minute segments. Even The Looney Tunes Show can get weak at times since it's a 22-minute animated sitcom, but that's just me.

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

So basically you want a Looney Tunes show that's absolutely nothing like Looney Tunes?

I wouldn't object to that if the CG animation were good and that wasn't its' only selling point, but a lot of LT purists would hate that out of sheer nostalgia principle.

7. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

A Looney Tunes-driven satire of superheroes is one thing. Making it serious, and set in the present, as opposed to Loonatics Unleashed, is another. People prefer Bugs, Daffy, Porky, et al, in their traditional settings, and anything outside the box (i.e. Loonatics) will not resonate. I'm one of the few people that actually liked Loonatics, and would love to get my hands on the DVDs. Looney Tunes Show was fine, but WB/CN gave up on it too soon.

#7 hobbyfan, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014