1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your ideas for animated Marvel movies

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Zebi, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Zebi

Zebi Take off, eh!

It seems that Marvel hasn't had much luck lately in keeping new shows on the air or in getting new ones started - MTV's Spider-Man appears to have been cancelled and there is no news on whether we'll see new episodes of X-Men: Evolution.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could see Marvel produce DTV movies? Here are some reasons for DTV's:
    • To feature characters that might not have enough appeal to carry an entire animated series
    • Storylines (from the comics or otherwise) that would not be animated for television due to mature content
    • Used to conclude animated series that were cancelled prior to being able to be given proper closure (for instance, a movie to resolve the "missing Mary Jane" story from the 90's series)
    What are your ideas for animated Marvel movies? Do you have a preference as to which studio animates the series?

My idea would be to see a proper Sinister Six movie - I don't want to see another "Insidious Six" like we saw in the Spider-Man 90's cartoon. The Insidious Six story was fun, but I would like to see the original Sinister Six from the comics in animated form: Dr. Octopus, Mysterio, Sandman, Electro, the Vulture, and Kraven the Hunter. I realize that the line-up has changed through the years, but that's what I'd like to see. I'm not sure if I'd opt for the Ultimate Six lineup from the Ultimate universe of the comics, as it has yet to be concluded.

There is one exception that I'd make for a change in the line up of the Six. If the MTV Spider-Man series were to get a second season, they could have Harry Osborn as the Green Goblin. I believe that in the comics the Goblin was the member of one of the incarnations of the Six, but it was Norman, not Harry.

A couple of episodes in the 2nd season of the new Spider-Man could be used to introduce characters that would need proper introductions (i.e. Dr. Octopus) and the season finale would be Harry becoming the Goblin. I don't think we'd need to re-introduce Kraven as we already saw him (albeit briefly) and therefore a motive could be established for why he'd become involved in the Six.

What are your suggestions for a Marvel animated movie?

#1 Zebi, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2004
  2. Thanos

Thanos The Mad Titan

I would loooovvee to see some cosmic Marvel properties made into animated movies, especially the Infinty Gauntlet and the events leading up to it. But thats unlikely due to its length. Maybe even a revamp of the Secret Wars, considering that the one in the Spider-Man series was horrible.

3. Zebi

Zebi Take off, eh!

I'm not familiar with the Infinity Guantlet, but one possible way to deal with the length of it would be to make a couple of movies (if it is possible to trim down the storylline from the comic to animation to only two). The main problem would be convincing the executives to go for the idea of a DTV movie and a sequel to it.

4. HelloKittyKat

HelloKittyKat Active Member

The Hobgoblin replaced Kraven in the Sinister Six, but the Green Goblin has only been a member of the group in Ultimate Six. Anyways, I never saw Norman or even Harry as a team player.

5. Zebi

Zebi Take off, eh!

I'm not picky on whether they use Harry as the Green Goblin or not. My reason for suggesting that was if they wanted to tie in an animated Sinister Six with the MTV Spider-Man series, if it were to get a second season. If the movie were not to be tied in to that series, I'd rather they went with the original Six from the comics.

6. Thanos

Thanos The Mad Titan

Yeah, the idea would be really hard to pitch. Its a lot more likely for a Spider-Man or an X-Men movie because they are just easier for kids to understand. Great name change by the way.

7. Rogue LeBeau

Rogue LeBeau Member

If I had one wish right now, it's for the Marvel and WB people to make an X-Men evolution movie or at least more seasons to come! :(