1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite Villains in the Animation world?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by G.I Darkshooter, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

All the Koopalings have names inspired by real-life musicians.

Also, Koopas can asexually reproduce, despite the presence of male and female Koopas.

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Except... Morton Downey Jr. was a trashy talk show host. Basically the Glenn Beck of his day.

3. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

I’m going to avoid redundancy so I won't list why I like these villains since they've more or less been said: Lex Luthor, The Joker (B:TAS), Megatron (Beast Wars), Azula, Demona, Xanatos, & Magneto. A couple I will add for myself though...

Mystique (X-Men Evolution) -- Now that this show has been airing again, I've forgotten just how much of a 'witch' Evo's version of the character was. She was always been sneaky & manipulative, but she was downright malicious in Evo. Always needed to be the alpha dog & a definite mean streak. Heck, she went as far as abducting Cyclops and standing him in the middle of a Mexican desert without his sunglasses as payback for letting her get captured. She was a very real threat in this show compared to the other two X-Men shows.

[​IMG]
    Lady Kayura (Ronin Warriors) -- A sentimental favorite of mine. Kayura was probably the first female villain I laid my eyes on that actually KICKED BUTT. I remember watching the show the first time wondering just how Ryo & Rowin could ever hope to beat this chick. She also had pretty cool powers & I loved her fighting style with the twin blades. Plus I loved (in the dub at least) how she had the perfect retort to any feeble attempts the Ronin's used.

#43 Dub C, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
  4. Startrekman700

Startrekman700 Active Member

I always had a theory the Koopa Kids were cloned. They were a product of a genetic engineering expiriment to create a turtle-human hybrid. They were the results.

5. Nodqfan144

Nodqfan144 Member

Here are my favorite Villains

1. Venom - He's a badass
    2. Two-Face - What can I say I feel bad for him he lost everything fell into chemicals that allowed one of his personas to take over
    3. The Riddler - He's smart and cunning
    4. Yami Bakura - He is saditstic for a 4Kids Anime
    5. Vicky - I have no ideawhy I like her

#45 Nodqfan144, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  6. Tommypezmaster

Tommypezmaster Active Member

Mine:

Ninja Chimps (Chop Socky Chooks)
    King Dedede (Kirby: Right back at Ya!)
    Heather (TDI/TDA)
    Strong Bad (Homestar Runner)
    Neo Cortex (Lex Lang Verson) (Crash Bandicoot)

7. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

List threads aren't allowed, guys. Please explain your choices.

8. Cartoon X

Cartoon X Lum the Forever

My turn, My turn, My Turn!
    These are my choices :).
    Buu of DBZ
    [​IMG]
    As I've mentioned in a previous favorite villains thread, Majin Buu is one of my favorite villains. It's because of his story arc that I got interested in DBZ at all. Super Buu especially is very badass. His plan to absorb Gotenks and Picollo was totally unexpected, and it made sense!
    Cell of DBZ
    [​IMG]
    Cell, the greatest villiain in DBZ. Unlike the previous villains, he never cared about ruling the world. He just enjoys causing pain, which is how a true villain should be. Truly, a great villain.
    Emperor Pilaf of Dragonball
    [​IMG]
    Emperor Pilaf, he is so stupid, but a fun villain. It's such a shame he isn't in Z.
    Gaara from Naruto
    [​IMG]
    Gaara was so awsome when he was a villian. He was cold, showed no mercy, he was bloodthirsty. Then he had to turn good:shrug:.
    Eneru of One Piece
    [​IMG]
    He was willing to destroy Skypeia just to go to the moon! Also, no one except Luffy could defeat him!
    Mojo Jojo of the PPG
    [​IMG]
    Go! Monkey!Go! The way he talks fast, incredible smarts, what's not to love?
    Him of the PPG
    [​IMG]
    Creepy! ain't he?
    That's just a few, but it's a preety good list:).

9. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

I wanted to add two villains that I somehow forgot :yawn:

Chuckles The Silly Piggy (Dave the Barbarian)

Carl the Evil Cockroach Wizard (Yin Yang Yo!) Just to hear him talk is enough to have you rolling on the floor. He is AWESOME.

10. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Gorrath (Megas XLR): Even tho Gorrath was always defeated by Coop still he was one of those that don't give up, even tho he looks fearsome he sometimes acts silly , in the season finally of season 1 he really shows how evil he was that even tried to destroy the earth just to destroy Megas.

Blackbeard (One Piece): This one is seriously getting more character development as the story goes, Blackbeard started when his name was mention and when he fully appears nobody took him seriously until the fight he had with Ace and in the manga he's planning on something big that will shock everybody.

Azula(Avatar): One of the few female villains that you really want to hate, she's cruel, calculating and convincing everyone to join by her side like puppets.

Samhain(The Real Ghostbusters): Wasn't this villain cool? Aside of being the same class ghost as Gozer he can control every ghost and attack all humans.

Darkseid(Superman TAS/JLU): I like the way Darkseid acts like any evil dictator would do also how he killed(or vaporized) Dan Turpin, shows how evil he can be, even when he lost.

The Joker(Batman TAS): Who would've thought that Mark Hamill voiced one of the craziest villains of DC and seriously he shows us how well he did as the Joker, especially in the Batman Beyond movie where we see a more scarier Joker than the previous ones.

V.V. Argost(The Secret Saturdays): I do admit that some won't take him as a serious villain yet i do like the way he appears and acts, especially having his own TV shows because reminds me of the Cryptkeeper from Tales from the Crypt.

Charmcaster(Ben 10): One of the few younger villains like Azula, Charmcaster shows that she can be a villain without the help of others and also had a sad past which they didn't develop much in the first series.

Demona(Gargoyles): She's one of those villains who think she's on your side but stabs you in the back.

Cobra Commander(G.I. Joe): I remember him when i was a kid and enjoyed when he appears in every episode, probably the way he talks since there's not many villains that can talk the way he did, of course there's Starscream yet it's by the same person lol.

Dr. Viper(Swat Kats): How scary this guy gave me when i was a kid, really enjoyed when he creates different creatures to destroy the Swat Kats, even turning the city into a grotesque place filled with mutant monsters.

Dr. Hell(Mazinger): Aside of having a creepy appearance, Dr. Hell really gone crazy with the whole giant robot monsters that can make him the ruler of the world.

#50 King_of_doom, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
  11. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

I forgot to mention Mojo Jojo before. He was definitely overused quite a bit and more often than not ended up coming off as comic relief as opposed to actually being threatening. But his design and his voice worked so well that he was probably one of the main reasons I even watched Powerpuff Girls. and he was definitely badass in the movie.

Hmm, I've always wondered why - in a forum specifically intended for talk of animation and only animation - thread titles like these always end in "in animation". Isn't that redundant.

12. G.I Darkshooter

G.I Darkshooter Trickle Under the Black Bullet

...And then it went downhill from here on out.

Anyway, heres part 2 of villains that deserve a mention.

Abracadaver

Im sure you know who he looks like.

Ok, this guy is basically the magacian from hell, who came into life after the PPG's watched a really freaky horror film(Friday the 13th Im presuming). With his powers he has in his hands, he turns Townsville into something only Jigsaw could make. And the DAMNED clock. Its like fish whos accidently stumbled on a stun grenade. When its dropped in the water! But the reason he is known as the Sweet Tooth of the PPG Universe is because he kills Blossom by trapping her into something as rather barbaric as Jigsaw in the First Saw film. Sure shes him in another disguise, but to kill the lead character in a almost girly cartoon automatically gets a deserves in villainy.

Bane

Go and watch the BTAS episode Over the Edge. That is EXACTLY where hes best portrayed.