1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite director?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Cartoon freak, Oct 31, 2004.

?

Your favourite: Chuck, Isadore or Rob?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2005.
  1. Chuck Jones

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Friz Freleng

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Robert McKimson

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Cartoon freak

Cartoon freak Member

Hi!

Which director do you like best of these:

- Chuck Jones
    - Friz Freleng
    - Robert McKimson

All, directors of Looney Tunes cartoons, like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck...

Well, I think I'll prefer Chuck Jones. A good one!

What do you think?

2. Nick

Nick Cartoons are educational

I can believe you've missed out Tex Avery, Bob Clampett and Frank Tashlin. I'm not surprised you've missed out Hugh Harman and Rusy Ising (they should count as one), Jack King, Ben Hardaway and Art Davis, but they all should still be in the poll.

3. Steve Carras

Steve Carras SUGAR RUSH!!!!

ClLampett, mcKimson and Davis. Jones ruined Bugs and esp.Daffy-they became Snoopy and Lucy Van Pelt or Betty and Veronica respectively in animal suits (Archie And Reggie being too different as adversaries).

Sadly, Jones's BUGS BUNNY...MOVIE (1979) left out Bob Clampett as one of Bugs's "Faddahs", showing Jone's hatred of Clampett, who was good enough to include two Jones shorts (MYZ FAVORITE DUCK [1942] and HARE RAISING HARE [1946] with Gossamer and the Peter Lorre sounding scienst voiced by 40s-50s VA Dick Nelson) in HIS 1975 indie BUGS BUNNY SUPERTSAR.

Jones did however make CHOW HODUN an and his 40s cartoons,though.Preferred RABBIT RAMPAGE o'er DUCK AMUCK.

4. AarHan3

AarHan3 Devotee of 1975 Tom & Jerry!

The King: Charles Martin Jones. Chuck gave life to everything he did. Of course, he wouldn't realy hit his stride until the 1970s, with his own production company, Chuck Jones Enterprises, which churned out such classics as Rikki-Tikki Tavi, Mowgli's Brothers, and the newer Roadrunner cartoons he did for The Electric Company and 2 of Bugs Bunny's specials (especially 1979's Bustin' Out All Over!). :cool:

5. Steve Carras

Sorry but I have to go otherwise--Charles Martin Jones made a (in my mind only,of coruse) rtaher unneccasary high art Bugs vs Elmer flick, changed Bugs and even worse Dafdfy, and trahsed Bob Clampett.Noticve BNUSG BUNNY ROAD RUNNER Movie..Bugs Bunny's references to hsi "faddahs"..

On tyhe other hand that is otherwise a good movie and Chuck Jones's 1943-1955 outpu8t is largely untarnsihsed and he would be in a otpo five, but Clampett or McKimson or Freleng,preferably pre-1956 though I think his 1960 FROM HARE 2 HEIR is the funniest short ever made, thouse should be overlooked.

Hey hozabout closing THIS htrreead and havving a poll of underrated directors..

6. Tak Mazé

Tak Mazé Worms and plastic minnows!

I voted for Friz ^^ Most of the cartoons he done I enjoyed :)

7. Ray Pointer

Ray Pointer Member

I was about to say, where's Clampett? In terms of overall humor, imagination, and animation, Clampett would be my first choice. In terms of humor and timing,
    I'd pick Freleng, for overall characterization and subtlety, I'd vote Jones, and for overall down to earth comedy, I'd pick McKinson.

They are all equally good on their own merits, different in their approaches, yet
    equal in merit.

8. Steve Carras

That pretty much sums it up! Pre-48 directors, Clampett ESPECIALLY oughtta be on the listy.,And I admire what you said about McvKimson,btw.