1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite holiday songs and albums/cd's/chip implants that you listen to

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Aquadementia, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

I have the "It's Christmas Time" CD with Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole.
    I love this CD. There is some archive recordings wishing the troops to be home next Christmas. It's a great assembly of songs by the best crooners and IT SWINGS!

This year I've been hearing a lot of "Last Christmas" in store settings. Like all Wham! songs it is total nonsense. But it's damn catchy pop.

2. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

My most favorite holiday song is "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by The Pretenders. Soon as I hear it, it puts me in total relaxation.

The best Holiday album which I love and enjoy is "Rejoice: The Christmas Album". I love Jessica Simpson's versions of Christmas songs like "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus".

3. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Not really a Christmas songs guy, but my pick is "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Frank Sinatra. You can never go wrong with Frank Sinatra, you know.

4. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

Despite not being Christian, I tend to find a lot of the traditional Christian songs to be the best... Like God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Oh Come All Ye Faithful, O Come Emmanuel, etc.

For non-Christian songs, I tend to like I'll Be Home For Christmas, and The Carpenter's 'Merry Christmas, Darling'.

5. mqg96

mqg96 Member

TLC Sleigh Ride!!! This is gotta be an honorable mention!!! I almost forgot about this one from years back!

[video=youtube;o3W7MN2H_kc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3W7MN2H_kc[/video]

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

We usually play some traditional Nat King Cole, Andy Williams type stuff. I grew up doing the Christmas choir thing a lot and a lot of the old standards put me in a singing mood. Some jazzy instrumentals, a few songs on the slightly more religious side like We Were The Reason by Avalon.

Christmas in the City by Mary J Blige is a nostalgic favorite. It always makes me feel like a 90s kid in New York again.