1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Your current romantic situation

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by PC!, Sep 6, 2008.

1. nachonaco

nachonaco TRN: The Real Naco

Well last night, we were talking. I had sent him a picture of me holding up a book I had gotten (that he recommended) and I usually do send him pics. I was wearing my hair a different way, and I asked him whether or not I should get my bangs cut and go back to the fringe look, or keep it like that, He said "I like it like that, it looks good on you". :)

2. Baseball

Baseball gyroball

Nacho...I think you might be putting too much hope into this. You can't make someone love you. Even if you two still are friends, that doesn't mean that romance is going to blossom out of friendship. Passion is kinetic--he knows how he feels about you. Compliments don't necessarily mean that things are going to change, and it's a little dangerous to think that way. That's the danger of conversation without physical interaction; he might be just being genuinely nice instead of trying to portray romantic interest. He already said that he thinks of you as his best friend, and a friend only. If you confess again and he gives the same answer, you might just end up more hurt.

I would say retain the friendship while pursuing other romantic endeavors in real life. I can't say for certain that what I've outlined is the case in your situation, but I've rarely seen otherwise in others.

3. nachonaco

nachonaco TRN: The Real Naco

I might be, and I'm not saying he has to fall in love with me otherwise I wouldn't be happy. Not saying that at all.

But it'd be nice to know he does like me, which I think he does.

I dunno.

Maybe I should just play it cool like I have been.

4. firefoxprime

firefoxprime 90s = Golden Years

hmm...well i'm into this girl named Lelia. she's awesome.
    had me hooked when she said randomly:

"i miss dbz....when it was on Toonami..."

played all the cards right...with allowing her to like me, focus
    on her wants and desires. sit in the friend zone:eek:, yet still flirt and banter.
    keep that tension between us. switch between good friend to potential bf. the good stuff.
    casually talk about taking her out, which shows that its not a huge big deal...which
    allows her to be more comfortable.

so here's the deal. the girl has a lot of problems. you could say she's a bit unstable...
    so i've been trying to get her to experience what i have.

i'm a christian guy, and i make sure to surround myself with positive and
    influential christian ppl, who won't hammer me down, but build me up.

she unfortunately doesnt have that. her parents are divorced, get this:
    her dad is "Muslim" and her mom is "Christian".

if you can give me a greater clash right there?
    i will declare that George W. Bush was the greastest president of all time.:p

so i've been trying to get her involved in my church, since i'm an usher,
    and also playing on the youth worship team/band.

she's an amazing singer, and joining our team would help us but also her as well.

we haven't gone out yet, because of her poor choices in bf's but trust me.
    i'm next in line, and there to stay.....or so i thought.

now i find out she's moving to fort lauderdale in june. no offense to that place,
    since i have fam over there...but its real ghetto over there...
    and i'm from nyc queens. jamaican.

if she ups and leaves to go live with here "Muslim" dad, that'll
    definetly crush her relationship with God, because her family over there
    doesnt have that christian lifestyle.

-sighs-

so what should i do...?

5. SilentBat18

SilentBat18 Hmm, so, yeah

first off, i can't help but gape and the whole "muslim" quotation thing.... um, what so wrong with islam? i may be starting something i shouldnt here, but i just want to defend my religion cause i felt that was an unfair and unneccessary stab. you can PM me to further discuss that, but on to the topic.

when you say unstable, does that mean she makes really bad decisions and doesnt know how to get out of it, or um mentally unstable? and if she decides to move, you can't really interfere with that, but you could keep in touch with her and maybe she'll come back.

6. firefoxprime

firefoxprime 90s = Golden Years

i believe Jesus is God.
    so does she.
    her dad? not so much...

7. thenewme93

thenewme93 Active Member

My romantic situation is going great..about to make 3 months this friday. =]

8. Urusei Yatsura

Urusei Yatsura The Revolutionist

I've been in a relationship for a little more than 2 months. It's going quite well. ^_^

9. Startrekman700

Startrekman700 Active Member

I think I am gonna give up now on trying to date. It's just too much trouble. The girls around here are either dirty or too damn high class for their own good. I think it's also too much trouble to be in love. I want to be in love and I will welcome it. For now, I will stick with video games, art and science.