1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your current romantic situation

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by PC!, Sep 6, 2008.

1. nachonaco

nachonaco TRN: The Real Naco

Well, he still talks to me.

He even told me he considers me his best friend, and has added me (on a second account for me, so my dad doesn't find out. It's not just for him but for more Internet friends) on his personal facebook.

It's kind of funny. I've had more conversations with people on this fake facebook than on my real one!

Including with his mom.

He had posted an album of his trip to New York. I'm a rather small person (4'9") and I had said 'I must find my way to New York. I wonder if I should try and see if I can fit in a carryon"

His mom replied with "They might charge you for being inside your carryon!"

I thought it was funny.

I really think that once we meet, things will become clear.

2. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

So...wow...

After the whole "cutie" thing a while back, I was debating if this girl truly had an interest in me or not. Well, not too long after I made that post, she actually showed up at my school to see me. Apparently, she actually took this semester of college off, so that explained how she was in the area, but the fact that she was there to see me (she didn't mention visting to see anyone else, though she had graduated from this high school two years ago). Sadly, because my teacher is a jerk, we weren't able to talk with each other then, but it still left me shocked.

Then she left another facebook message, saying that she "can't tell me how glad she is to know a person like me".

This past Thursday, she visted the anime club I frequent, and we hung out watching Star Trek TAS (she's actually a big trekkie). This was actually the first time I had spent so much time with her, so I was nervous, but things went pretty good.

And then, today, well...she actually came over my house. It's like, in the past, I've always had to ask people to come over my house, but she asked me if she could. The two of us today just seemed to click perfectly; we watched some anime (I introduced her to One Piece), took a walk, talked about all sorts of stuff...

At one point, we were talking outside about our hopes for the future, and I said something philosophical along the lines of "I don't want the world to forget me". Her response was giving me a bright smile and saying "I would never forget you".

...All these things together have added up to this being the most likely possibility of getting a girlfriend I have ever had.

3. Beat

Beat Retired

I think I'm just completely incapable of knowing where to begin.

I was at the bookstore yesterday because I was going to pick something up. I walk into the cafe section (which all good bookstores nowadays seem to have) and I see the most beautiful Asian girl sitting down, just reading something over. And I look on. And I just see her talk a bit with a friend, leave, and I pay, wondering what, if anything else I could have done with the prior 20 minutes we were both there.

I know, I know, "Pity party, pity party." I just had to get that off my chest.

4. SilentBat18

SilentBat18 Hmm, so, yeah

No "pity party" here. well, its a shame you missed out, but in case something else like that happens, and i know this sounds really corny, but you could casually ask her what she's reading and read her vibe. If she gives you a werid look and a curt reply, she might not be interested. If she aswers warmly and even with a smile, you're in.

5. Djm912

Djm912 Active Member

Holy sweet mother of Mary McCree.

I said in my previous post on this thread that this particular girl that I really liked was someone I was regularly seeing platonically.

Well, I went for it, and now we are a couple. :) Holy crap, it worked.

6. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

Do not let this girl get away.
    Excuse me, I need to expunge vomitual resources from my mouth. :p

Congrats veemon. Keep going for it if it's working out for you.

7. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I say go for it. Could be the future Mrs. Veemonjosh, you never know.

Beat, "What are you reading?" was indeed the obvious question there. And then try to have something to say about it. You don't even have to have read it, just ask if it's any good. Think a few questions in advance. Say you like the genre. Come up with an author in that genre and ask her if she has read them. I'm not that great at talking to women myself but that's your opener, and it's actually a relatively good situation because at least you have an easy opener.

8. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

veemonjosh, nice, if it was me i would have ran away cowardly (as i have in the past), good for you man.

9. Beat

Beat Retired

That was my worry. That if I went up to her I'd be looked at as unwelcome, sort of "Who are you and why are you talking to me? I don't KNOW you." So I kept quiet. And then I walked out with my book.

10. DeadJohNNyAngel

DeadJohNNyAngel Cool Jerk

I'm currently single and happy with that, however if I were to meet the right person that could all change.

I've gotta say that having the interests I do such as being into paranormal, cemetery photography and exploring abandoned buildings has in turn bothered potential love interests at times.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a great decent person with a philosophical and intellectual mind and a well fleshed out array of interests, but the fact is that some of those are not what people would like to consider the 'norm'.

Of course I'm not going to change my passions just to meet someone else's ideals.

:)

#950 DeadJohNNyAngel, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
  11. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

But that's not what I was saying. What I was saying is that in that situation you actually have a built in common interest, books, and it's socially acceptable to talk to her. It's not like going up to a random woman on the street. You have to screw up the courage and there's a chance that you'll get nowhere, but at worst you'll get a chilly reply, because it's not that unusual for one person to talk to another about books. A woman asked me about what I was reading just the other day, although it wasn't a romantic thing, she was just interested.

12. Beat

Beat Retired

I'm not saying you were wrong. I'm saying that I was worried about looking like an idiot. I would have felt the same regardless of the setting. The fact that I was incapable of saying anything and dealing with the consequence was what frustrated me. Even if she told me to go away it probably would have been better at the end. And I'll be honest, I have a thing for Asian women, so it stung me a bit extra that I couldn't even talk to her without the fears that I've described in prior posts directing me.

#952 Beat, May 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
  13. Baseball

Baseball gyroball

Veemonjosh, make a move next time you see her. She's totally into you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aZ3CtRPjDM

14. nachonaco

Since I have finals this week, last night, I asked him for either a hug or a high five for good luck.

Guess what I got.

15. SilentBat18

SilentBat18 Hmm, so, yeah

Are you still feeling regretful, or have you let it go and moved on? If you're still regreting what happened, then that's what's going to impede another advance if you find yourself in a similar situation. my advice is to accept that it happened; you can't control the past, just the present. if you've moved on but still feel this is going to happen again, then maybe you just need someone to encourage you next time.

nachonaco: uuuummmm hug?

16. nachonaco

Yep. Hehehe.

It made me happy, anyway.

17. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Go for it, Josh. Who knows if you'll ever get another opportunity like that one. That girl definitely likes you.

18. nachonaco

What do you guys think I should do? He acts like he likes me but hasn't outright said anything.

At least two friends said I should webcam chat with him, and I probably will soon....

Then things will be clearer, right?

I mean, I know he cares for me. He's been helping me with my novel for as long as I can remember.

So I dunno. Maybe I shouldn't push my luck, but maybe he's the one.

19. Beat

Beat Retired

No, I've accepted I'm probably never going to see this person again, but I feel like it will happen again, and keep doing so.

20. Integral Birth

Integral Birth All Hail King Arthur

So I decided to show my fiance this one anime I was talking about earlier today.

It looks like she's either not a big anime fan or she just isn't into that kind of thing.

MOD NOTE: Keep it appropriate.