1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your current romantic situation

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by PC!, Sep 6, 2008.

1. OriginalGagBonke

OriginalGagBonke Fan of 2-D animation.

I'm still single, been single for about 5 years now.

2. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

And you have a problem with someone who thinks fat girls are attractive because....?

3. Beat

Beat Retired

Obesity is not a lifestyle choice. It's a debilitating condition. I never got the pro-fat thing because of the obvious damage one does to their body.

4. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Yeah, okay. Just stop.

Obesity sucks if the person suffering from it is unhappy with themselves. But if someone is large and okay with it it's wrong to say that that they shouldn't be found attractive by someone else. It takes all kinds to make a world and life would be incredibly bland if everyone liked the same thing. Everyone needs to feel attractive and be loved by someone, no matter what their size is. I gravitate towards skinnier girls but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't find certain larger girls attractive as long as they carry themselves well and aren't flat out gross.

And as crazy as it sounds, for some people obesity IS a lifestyle choice. You're insinuating that every fat person has some horrible, debilitating disease and should naturally be unloved and miserable because they have a terrible problem and should do something about it. IMHO that's incredibly ignorant, especially coming from someone who has done almost nothing in this thread but complain about why their life sucks and starts pity parties every couple of days.

The more you post the more I see why girls are inclined to slap you.

5. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

You do realize there's a clear difference between fat and obese, right?

6. Beat

Beat Retired

I'm not the one getting personal. And I'm sick and tired of the term "pity party." It's just an opinion.

7. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Beat, if you don't want people to say pity party around you, stop throwing them for yourself. Seriously. Self pity is the least productive thing you can engage in.

Skippy is so obviously trolling there's no real reason to respond to him. This thread has become a big fat target for trolls and bad behavior. In my opinion it just kind of needs to go away.

8. Beat

Beat Retired

Quite honestly I agree. This may not be the worst thread I've ever been posting, but it's in the top 5.

9. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Agreed. Beat, your recent post in the "What's Up With You?" thread is a textbook example of someone desperate for pity. Ya gotta stop the "Why Me?" posts if you want people to stop talking about pity parties.

Actually, I don't think this thread is that bad.

10. Beat

Beat Retired

How is this not one of the worst threads ever? It's a divide between people complaining and people attacking complainers, with the occasional troll thrown in. How is this productive?

11. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

I'm sorry, but insinuating that fat people don't deserve the chance to have a relationship with somebody, JUST because they're fat, is downright shallow. My mom was obese, and even so my dad loved her VERY much... hell, they've been married for 27 years before she had passed away. And you calling it "pro-fat" makes it sound like people are ignorant for not hating fat people in the first place. I wouldn't call it "pro-fat", I call it being sencere and not being judgemental towards others due to their looks.

This. Beat, if you're having so much trouble with finding somebody, maybe one of the first steps you should take is to not be so judgemental towards somebody who's obese... and woman in general for that matter, because it seems like you STILL think that all woman and girls go for the "bad boys".

It seems like you're getting the stereotypical "fangirling" mixed up with the facts of life in that department, I'm sorry. I ain't gonna lie here, but every once in a while I'll find the bad guy/bad boy of whatever show I watch to be "attractive", but that does NOT mean I'll actually go and date them. It's called fangirling, nothing more... fangirling is something completely different than wanting to actually go out with somebody, and I'll be damned if somebody took it seriously. Hell, you'd be seeing me taking a crowbar to their face repeatedly if somebody like those guys just popped up in front of my door 'n whatnot.

12. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

Alright guys, let's cool it. Throwing pity parties and patronizing one another doesn't do anyone any good. Let's behave and have some semblance of civil discussion or the thread will be closed.

13. SilentBat18

SilentBat18 Hmm, so, yeah

hmm, well i'll try to steer this thread back to a more positive light. with the help of my dad, my boyfriend, soon to be husband once the circular shaped peice of jewelry with a shiny rock is handed over, and i will be buying a house pretty soon which is a really big step that i have been waiting a year for. so i'm all giddy cause now i can actually start planning the wedding. and for those who are wondering why i'm thinking of that when i'm not even engaged yet, i'll counter by saying in my head, i've been engaged for over a year. i really am just waiting for the ring, not the proposal.

14. FireWarrior

FireWarrior The Ultimate Warrior

Well a good friend of mine whom I have a thing for wanted to assure with me that we were only friends a while ago. I was confused why she wanted to say that but apparently she's had a history in which all of her male friends fall for her and want to date her when she had no interest back (ouch :(). It kind of sucks since I'm into her but I can live with her friendship. We have a very good relationship so the last thing I want is things to be complicated between us (we both hate drama.)

On the plus side I'm thinking that my old boss might have a thing for me since we've been texting each other since I graduated. With comments like "I feel so much more free to talk to you since you're not a student" kind of leads me to believe that she's wanting something. :D We'll see how this goes.

15. Integral Birth

Integral Birth All Hail King Arthur

Hmmm, so it looks like I may have proposed to my girlfriend.

16. SilentBat18

say whaaat?! congrats! that's awesome!... wait what do you mean "may"?

17. Integral Birth

Y'see, what had happened was that I was having a few drinks last night, so I don't really remember asking the question. She's convinced, so I'm just going along with it for now. :sweat:

18. Tapout

Tapout Active Member

If you're not sure you mean it you better fix it sooner than later, particularly before she goes around telling people and making you both look foolish.

But it you do mean it, congratulations.

19. SilentBat18

i hope you're not going along just to avoid getting hit on the head with a frying pan... haha, but that's funny!

20. Integral Birth

It's not so much the frying pan I'm afraid of, but rather the shotgun she keeps under her bed.

Yeah, she's a gun freak, did I forget to mention this to you guys? Her whole family is full of crazy, gun-toting, pig-hunting creeps who revolve around the tube for 24 weekly(not that 24 is bad, mind you...).

She also gets really bad periods, always texts me, and has a tendency to like EVERYTHING she finds on Facebook. Besides that, I love her, and I might just go through with the wedding.