1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Your current romantic situation

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by PC!, Sep 6, 2008.

1. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I'm curious as to the relationship status of various Toon Zone members. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? A mate? Are you currently searching for that special someone? Or are you happy being single for the time being? Or possibly forever?

Personally, I'm single and loving it. While most of my classmates up and married shortly after high school, I've decided to wait it out until I can find exactly the right woman. But right now, I'm satisfied with the single life. I'm concentrating on getting out of college and finding a good job. Plus, research shows that young adults still go through a lot of changes mentally until (I believe) their late twenties. There's plenty of time in the future to find "the one." It can be hard, especially with the majority of my interests being either too "childish" for the females I've met in my area or not conducive to a lot of interaction with another person. But really, who knows what the future will bring? You may find the one for you when you least expect it.

How about you?

2. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

I'm pretty good with being single. I've found that actually "looking" for the girl of my dreams is usually a waste, and I prefer connecting with someone naturally and just letting what happens happen. Plus I really just need to focus on school right now. That said, the last attempt ended with the girl stealing my copy of the Office Season 1 and not responding to any of my messages after, plus other unwanted drama I won't spew into this thread. Let's just say it hasn't really motivated me to date lately, lol.

3. Dirty Dawg

Dirty Dawg Chinese Democracy starts NOW!

I've been in a relationship with a girl since late june and I love every second of it.I feel more happy not than I've ever been my whole life!If I have a crappy day,I have her to fall back on.

4. The Irishman

The Irishman Tall. Irish. Animation Anomaly

I'm cool with being single and I enjoy myself wherever I go *coughBostoncough* although, I guess, I still haven't found what I'm looking for. She'll find me someday though. :p

5. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Singular form at the present tense, and don't mind at all.

6. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

Well... I just recently came out, but I'm still very much single.

Am looking, but if I don't find anyone, that's ok with me.

7. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

I wasn't going to post anything in this thread, but... damn. That is a terrible, terrible sin. I mean, it is only 1 disc, but... man.

While I'm here I might as well say, still single. Can't say I'm loving it, but when I really think hard about it I realize that I'm not sure I want that kind of thing right now anyway. I think I have a tendency to blame unrelated problems on the nonexistence of my love life.

By the way, I have a hunch that people who are single might be more drawn to this thread than people who are in romantic relationships, thus skewing the results. Don't ask me why -- it's a hunch.

8. Novapocalypse

Novapocalypse Active Member

Something tells me I should get a girlfriend.....but right now I just like being someone without any kind of relationships.

9. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

After my last attempt at a relationship resulted in my habit of stalking people (that I like) getting on her nerves (we're at least still friends :sweat:), I've decided to take a break and just see if a potential girlfriend will to come to me.

Though, there is one girl who seems to have a slightly disturbing like for the book I just finished writing...so we'll see where that goes. :p

10. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

Single. I hate it...

11. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Single but smitten.

12. Charlie

Charlie Der pushka.

Single and feeling fabulous.

13. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

Single and somewhat ambivalent of the situation.

14. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Single. And I don't care much for it.

I've just never had much luck with girls beyond being friends with some. I did a little bit of dating in high school, but that was it. I didn't think much about it in college because it was kind of a hard time for me and I was totally focused on that and working for a period of time, too.

But within a few years after finishing up college, I did start feeling like "something was missing." But I've just never had any luck in meeting anybody or anybody giving me a chance. I thought it'd be nice to be married or at least be into a serious relationship by the time I was 30, but seeing as how I hit the big 3-0 in a little over three months, I don't think that's gonna happen.

I guess after high school I was mostly content with being single for awhile, but now I think "awhile" has lasted long enough and I'd love to find that special someone.

15. GregX

GregX Active Member

Single and smitten, but enjoying a variety of casual encounters (i.e. one night stands).

16. mookie75

mookie75 Active Member

Let's see....the last outing I went on that I would call a date was roughly 8 years ago. Coincidentally, that's about how long it's been since my last relationship.

Somewhere along the line between then and now, I lost almost all of my desire to find anyone.....ever. Sure, I still check out the opposite sex now and then, but I have little to no inclination to actually pursue any of them.

Be cautious, young ones....I'm living proof that if you tell yourself you like it this way long enough you'll eventually find yourself believing it. ;)

17. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Single.
    I'm too socially awkward to have a girlfriend.

18. tb4000

tb4000 Active Member

Currently seeing a girl right now, but not serious. Doesn't want to get entirely serious yet, as she wants to intro me to the parents, yet admits they would have a slight issue with it due to me being black and her being korean, but one step at a time and all that.

19. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

Single. I'm not necessarily loving it, but I'm not really looking either. I think I like the idea of having someone more than I actually want someone. Plus, I'm just too busy with everything going on in my life at the moment to be real concerned with romance.

20. SSJPabs

SSJPabs It's just us

Long term (and somewhat long-distance) hetero relationship. Tentative plan is engagement Fall of '09 and wedding early Spring of 10.

Damn that's weird to type.