Young Justice "Usual Suspects" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 14, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - Young Justice "Usual Suspects"

1. *****

71.4%
  2. ****1/2

12.5%
  3. ****

10.7%
  4. ***1/2

3.6%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

1.8%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Inching closer to the season finale with an all-new episode of Young Justice airing today at 10:30am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network.

Young Justice
    Saturday, April 14th, 2012 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) - "#25 Usual Suspects"

The team gets a new member and a new mission — a mission that may finally expose all of the team’s secrets … and all of their lies!

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

This is the BEST Episode along with the Season Finale!!!!

It finally revealed that the whole world sees Superman as the TOP DAWG of the Justice League.

It also revealed the new JL members, Dr. Fate, The Atom, Plasticman, Icon, and Red Arrow!!

Rocket joins The Team!! Black Canary REVEALED to be Code 13!!

Individual secrets from The Team are finally Revealed!!

The Team vs. The Light henchmen were also well done.

And the MOLE is finally REVEALED!!!

What else can you ask for!!!

This is the BEST Animated show!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
  3. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Is that that Trixie from "American Dragon" voicing Rocket?

4. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

LOL, Rocket is so sassy.

5. Gregatron

Gregatron New Member

Because this episode takes place on December 30th, (my birthday) this is already the best episode from this season.

6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Just what we need, a sassy black chick cliche character.

7. Gold Starz

"Okay we're sisters, I don't want you dead."

D'awww.

Oh jeez, Superboy actually went to get more shields.

Okay, so now it's a party... Totally a set up.

8. Nygma

Nygma New Member

Yup, it's Miss Kittie. I recognize that annoying voice anywhere.:p

9. Gold Starz

So Roy was the mole... Called it.

10. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Red Arrow...... *facepalm* ...why didn't I see it coming? Ugh!! And he was voiced by Crispin Freeman! How can you not trust a character voiced by Crispin Freeman?!

11. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I knew it!!!!!!

12. Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus New Member

The first time I saw that bit of alien tentacle, I had a feeling it was a piece of Starro. Now it looks like it was. The Light used the chunk of Starro to reverse bio-engineer those techno organic mind control chips in an effort to control the league, and Roy was the mole, unwittingly. I wonder how long he's been under their control.

13. Nygma

Nygma New Member

Red Arrow, was the mole!:eek: And on top of that Vandal Savage has control of the League. In the words of Joey Styles, OH MY GOD!

Next week can not get here faster.

14. Alex20

Alex20 New Member

I knew Red Arrow would be the mole, I'm just surprised he wasn't doing it voluntarily.

Riddler's riddle was lame.

It only took me a minute to hate Rocket.

15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

OMG I already love Rocket. And Cheshire got some great lines in this one.

16. jph139

jph139 Immortal

See, I accidentally got spoiled earlier this week that Roy was the mole... but did NOT expect that finale! Unwittingly delivering the entire League into the Starro-infested hands of Vandal Savage? I can't wait to see how the Team handles 20+ superheroes with years ten times the experience and power.

Anyways, interesting non-linear structure to it. You expect that they ALL betrayed the Team, but... nope. All according to plan. I think that everyone being honest and fair was so obvious we expected a betrayal - and it turns out, nope, thickheaded teens or not, they're the good guys for a reason. Double twist!

Riddler was JUST annoying enough without going over the edge. I love his entire characterization here... I'm a big fan of the smooth-and-charismatic Riddler, but the guy who thinks he's a lot cooler, smarter, and more respected than he actually is? That's not bad. Loved his line about the straitjacket. A nice bit of psychology in one little line. Liked Icon, too, a nice staunch sort of character. And Atom struggling with his card was worth a chuckle.

Rocket was kind of obnoxious, but I think a lot of that is her fairly sparse role. Not sure why they bothered adding her in this late in the game, frankly: she got, what, half a dozen lines? The focus was entirely on the would-be moles, and I doubt she'll be getting the spotlight in the next episode. She's a pretty cool character I guess, but it seems like a needless complication.

Oh well, maybe they'll do something with her in Invasion. Who knows what the finale will hold?

17. Afalstein

Afalstein New Member

Awesome episode. New characters, plot developments, and general bad-assery.

Rocket looks to be fun, more so than Icon, at least, who really comes across as little more than a Captain Ethnic. (Somebody please tell me I'm wrong and that there's more to him than a black Superman.) A bit more sassy than the others, but definitely fun-loving. And her constant "What?" was fun... she's dropping into the middle of a story and trying to figure out the plot. Definitely made it easier for the show's writers to give newcomers an idea of what's going on. And apparently she's interested in Kaldur. About time that kid got some action.

All three "secrets" are revealed. About dang time. Have to say, I saw that the whole thing was a trick when all three of the suspects showed up, but I did NOT foresee that Superboy already knew about Miss Martian's true form. Almost want to watch that Bialya episode over to see if there are any hints about it. Incidentally, if Miss Martian could purge the "Red Son" code and verify that there wasn't anything else in there, why didn't they try it with J'onn before? Although I suppose J'onn apparently isn't as strong mentally, and Superboy doesn't trust people in his head. I didn't understand the "Red Son" fakeout until later, of course they don't want Superboy running around while Queen Bee is conscious.

So Red Arrow is the mole. Saw a few spoilers online but didn't want to believe them... his actions still seem decidedly un-mole-like. Why reject any attempt at reconciliation if you're supposed to betray them? And why chase Cheshire down to Ra's? At least it looks like it was involuntary. Perhaps he was subconsciously fighting it. How did they control him? The mind-control pods weren't developed yet, Queen Bee can't control over long distances, and I doubt Psimon has that much power. Guess we'll find out.

18. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

Hooray! Let's all judge a character's entire personality from a single episode she's BARELY in! :shrug:

19. Nygma

Nygma New Member

Funny thing (to me anyways), back in the "Targets" talkback I asked the question:
    The answer was so friggin obvious the entire time, Roy just so happened to conveniently be there to intervene. Made even more apparent by Sportsmaster's "Let's just say I have an inside source, very inside". He was just being a jackass to Kaldur by indirectly telling him the mole's in this very place.

And then there's Roy. He was the one who brought up the idea that Sportsmaster's words meant there was a mole on the inside, when his words could've meant anything like him being in contact with other villains. Not to mention I thought that there was something off about Roy giving up on there being no mole on the team that easily last week. Now we know why.

But the ending scene implies that Roy's been under The Light's control for awhile, but how long? Hopefully next week answers some of these questions.

Also good to see everyone revealing their problems in that scene at the cave. See Artemis, was it really that hard telling your friends about your family? And I knew Wally would make up with Artemis if he knew the truth. Nice to see I was right about that.:) Also it was very satisfying to see Artemis kick her Dad in the face. A long time coming if you ask me. Also liked Artemis giving her Dad's mask to Wally as a souvenir.
    Also it looks like Conner started getting closer to M'gann AFTER he found out about her being a white martian in Bialya. It kind of shows that relationship is not as shallow as I once thought it was.

The show has got ALOT on it's plate going into next week, but since Greg Weisman (the head honcho) himself is writing the episode, I'm confident it won't disappoint.

Also, line of the episode goes to Wally after asking who's next. "I swear I was kidding.":D

20. quigonkenny

quigonkenny New Member

My guess is since the beginning. First episode we see him, he's ragequitting after being denied access to the Watchtower, which sets in motion the entire rest of the series. This episode he finally gets there, and promptly sheds his sleeper shroud. My guess is we'll find out he was compromised well before the start of the series, and the whole "sidekick promotion" idea was only the first Light ploy to get a mole onto the Watchtower. Only question is how they were able to set up whatever magic/psychic method they used to control him. My guess is it has to do with his clo--er..."uncle"...

I like their take on Riddler, too, but that speech impediment is distracting. I kept hearing Neil from Family Guy...