Young Justice "Performance" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 7, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - Young Justice "Performance"

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

27.8%
  3. ****

27.8%
  4. ***1/2

11.1%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

An all-new episode of Young Justice debuts today at 10:30am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network.

Young Justice
    Saturday, April 7th, 2012 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) - "#24 Performance"

The team goes undercover at the Haly International Traveling Circus to locate a thief stealing weapons technology across Europe, but a thief isn't all they find.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Superboy is already on 'shield' and completely forgetting about M'Gann. Not to mention his aggression is back, not in full force but is back,

Also that poster looked so much like Teen Titans Robin.

HG Wells, nice Robin nice!

3. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I am really not used to seeing Robin's eyes so much.

4. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

The smiling Robin faces look like monkeys!:p

Yup! RAAHHHH is back to full force.

5. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

And yet it doesn't bother Superboy.

6. gohstphantomhive

gohstphantomhive 99% synchronization level

it's kind of painful to watch superboy and his shields. HUGS NOT DRUGS!!!! I liked their interpretation of robins back story though.

7. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

I thought the back story was exactly the same, they just had Robin return to Hailey's circus because he wanted to prove their innocence and keep the circus from being shut down.

8. Dorko

Dorko New Member

Looks like the Shields give Superboy some 'roid rage. Usually I'd say that this was a little anvilicious, but it was Lex Luthor who gave them to Conner. That guy doesn't tip a waitress without an ulterior motive.

Liked seeing Artemis use a crossbow. I'm pretty sure it's not the first time, but it's still neat to see her use the weapon of choice of her comic book counterpart.

Good episode. Not one of the best, but even this show's "average" episodes are above average.

9. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious New Member

Another good episode!!!

Clancy Brown as Agent Faraday!!!!

Why can they just make him Luthor's voice???

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
  10. Alex20

Alex20 New Member

It was funny that Red Arrow changed his mind on there being a mole so quickly especially considering that 3 of his teammates there have connections to The Light.

11. Monte

Monte Active Member

It does rather bug me how much he used them. Ya when he's dealing with parasite I can see him using it, but he was using them right from the get go when it looked like they were dealing with an acrobat. Afterall, Superboy is limited on how many he has, thus he would want to conserve them... plus i would think that he would be more gradual on how often he used them; Kinda like how he almost threw them away, i would think he would try to avoid using them since he did not want to use something luther gave him, but as he uses them he would find himself more willing. Though this would require more reamining episodes; though that could have been taken care of if he had gotten them a little sooner

Speaking of which, the fact that red arrow brought up superboy possibly being programed to spy i feel like it kind of kills that theory.... since arrow pointed it out its now too obvious

Ya, though i think he gave up too easily... afterall, he should know that all 3 have been on the team for months and have not done any OBVIOUS betrayals. So he should keep in mind that the mole might want to maintain their cover by playing nice. Also the mole could be working for a particular group and thus would not blow their cover helping intergang in their plot when they are working for someone else... though its possible he only SAID what he did to throw the mole off, but if that were the case then i would thin they show some small indication that he was still suspicious.

12. FightingDreamer

FightingDreamer Mutant on the Rise

Bit of a change of pace this week, but still pretty good. Laundry list!:

-Oh, Red Arrow. Aren't you people supposed to be genre savvy? NEVER say something like "There is no mole." It's great that you decided to stop being a little black raincloud, but you'll only regret it later.

-I do believe that was James Remar pulling double duty as Parasite and Haly. I could be wrong, though.

-It's weird hearing Clancy Brown back-to-back in two different shows, and as such different people. Good casting as Faraday, though. I don't think he's even been in the show yet, so nice to have him.

-Jesse McCartney really shined as Robin this week, especially in scenes like the conversation with Kid Flash or when he's fervently denying Haly himself is doing anything shady. When other 'tween stars try to voice act, the results can be painful *points at Drake Bell*, but Jesse has one of those "voices with character" and real acting chops. Also, the cackle returned!

-Yeah, Apokolips is definitely going to be more involved in some capacity in the future.

-The next two weeks look to be drenched in payoff. Don't disappoint me, show.

13. Robert McSantos

Robert McSantos New Member

Parasite's food-related idiosyncrasy provided plenty of good villain banter in this episode.

I wonder if they'll go the comics route and have Professor Ivo incorporate some of Parasite's DNA when he builds Amazo 2.0 so it can use more than one power set at a time.

14. quigonkenny

quigonkenny New Member

Yep. Stephen Root as Haly, and Adam Baldwin as Parasite.

15. FightingDreamer

FightingDreamer Mutant on the Rise

Happy to be wrong, then! They were both excellent.

16. spartanx54

spartanx54 New Member

I liked this episode. Kind've weird that we have a non Light related episode this late in the season, but we did get a much needed Robin focused episode. It was also nice to see Clancy Brown as King Faraday and the introduction of Parasite.

Can't wait for next week, all the secrets will be revealed.

17. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

With this episode, I'm crossing Robin and None of my mole list...

My eyes are now narrowing at RA, seems like he was awfully quick to put down that there's no mole even though Zatanna wasn't there (he's friends with Kid Flash, so he'd be off Roy's mole list from the start.)

So... Red Arrow or Superboy. Which one will it be?

Intergang is working with the Light.

18. jph139

jph139 Immortal

The first thought that came to mind for me was that Red Arrow is the mole and this entire "urgh ragh don't trust none of y'all" was all a ruse. The lady doth protest too much, whoever smelt it dealt it, you know, that sort of thing. The fact he gave up after one mission with a happy sunny "Guess we're ALL good guys!" certainly points in that direction.

(Still thinking it's Superboy, though. Now that he's hooked especially.)

Anyways great episode as always. Loved the circus atmosphere: Robin looking at posters in the snow was definitely well done. Something about the circus in winter is very stark and beautiful, I think... for whatever reason. Good to bring up his backstory, show someone who still remembers him, and show how close he is with Kid Flash. Knowing not only his name but his backstory? That's a friend.

Parasite made for an awesome villain that I didn't quite suspect. I knew from the flashback with the firestick (which blondie conveniently happened to have on him the next day) who the culprit was, but I didn't suspect the actual character behind it. Made for a nice threat, particularly against Megan and Connor, who don't really have mastery of their powers.

Oh and I loved Interpol being involved. Real-world locations and organizations are usually more Marvel than DC, so it's a refreshing change of pace to see them here.

Now, with that "black hole generator," Parasite working for Intergang, and their connections to Apokolips... is anyone thinking it was a really big Boom Tube?

19. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

Because they're going for a more subtle take on Luthor? Not that I didn't like Clancy's performance, but it was refreshing seeing him voice a hero for once. Reminded me of Captain George Stacy, too.

20. spartanx54

spartanx54 New Member

Since when? There was no confirmation that they were working for The Light. I'm guessing that you're getting this from the boon tube at the end of episode 9. So many people could have supplied them with Apokiliptan and New Genesis tech. Darkseid. Dessad. Stepenwolf. For all we know even Highfather.