"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 29 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or access to more DC cartoons/shows ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

This I agree.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Which would be great, if Cartoon Network wasn't a total jerks when it came to DC cartoons and allowed at least one show to get more then one season. All the stuff from more then ten years ago I've rewatched a lot, there's not a lot of stuff I haven't seen more than twice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #83 Magmaster12, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  4. goatbat

goatbat New Member

Well the nice thing about avoiding CN (besides not being canceled after one season) is that they will have more creative freedom and can make the themes more complex and mature (which is important because now a lot of the fans are older!).

I think separating from CN was a really smart decision after the network has repeatedly done them wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    #84 goatbat, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
  5. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

Cartoon Network doesn't deserve DC content on it. I hope that YJ takes off successful and launches more mature animated series on the platform. Who knows, in a few years that may be where they exclusively premiere he DTV films.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I haven't been keeping track of JLA, but from what I read on here, it is traditionally getting the unfair CN treatment. I wonder if this new service could immediately pick up Season 2 of JLA.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

A gentle reminder there is a DC Digital Service thread here. Please don't go on tangent about the nature of the service or 'CN sucks' too long here in the Young Justice thread, everyone. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

That's true. Had CN been more honest and being like Disney XD, then we would've seen more DC shows on the channel.

Well, it's also because of the network's dork ages under Synder and Miller as well.

That's because CN is currently in a dork age that started with Stuart Synder as president and as continued with Christina Miller replacing him. Like I said before, CN needs to be more like Disney XD along with airing more action shows. I don't think CN doesn't deserve DC content on their programming just because of this. I think they should've treated shows like this more better than just screwing it in favour of Teen Titans Go. Sorry but I think we do need more good DC shows on CN in order to compete the Marvel shows on Disney XD but that's just me.

After reading this, yes, let's drop it from this thread and go back to topic about the show than about "CN sucks" or the nature of the streaming service.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

This occurred to me the other day last weekend. Assuming he'll be back in Outsiders. But since Miguel Ferrer also voiced Bibbo Bibbkowski and that he died in January. Who else would take over for Bibbo also?

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I think Savage is more likely to appear again then Bibbo is :sweat:.

12. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Hmm. I'm smelling a question for Askgreg. Not the same exact one though, but related.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

If it's related Outsiders, the answer's going to be No Spoilers. Heck even if it's not, same answer most of the time. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. element

element New Member

Ah, bless the fact that season 3 is actually happening. I remember I found out about season 3 like 10 months after it was announced. Before season 3 was announced I remember I always occasionally checked from time to time to see if there would be a season 3. In theory they'll be able to get away with more stuff since it won't air on TV, but I hope they balance things out and they don't decide to make it super dark and edgy simply because it isn't on TV any longer, I'm sure they'll find the right balance though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. -batmat-

-batmat- Active Member

They shouldn't change the tone as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Plus, the show was initially cancelled because of low merchandise sales, something usually associated with shows made with kids in mind to some degree, and was only revived through streaming services and dvd sales, which you have to pay for. If the show does go the Samurai Jack route with a more violent TV-14 rated season, it would at least be more understandable since the show has PG Rating as opposed to Jack's TV-Y7 rating in the original run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The creators have gone on record that the tone and content may be a bit more darker and mature because they have a little more freedom, but the show was already plenty dark and mature to begin with so I don't think it will feel like a drastic change.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ndb

ndb Member

I spoke with Peter David at Derby City Comic Con this weekend. Bought a copy of "Secrets" script and enjoyed the chat with him. When asked if he would return for YJ season 3, he told me "I can't answer that. Now, if they had not asked me back, I would tell you they had not asked. But I can't say." A really cool dude that now knows I want more Secret.

• Like Like x 5
  19. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, and a fan talked to Nolan North and he said voice work for 15-16 episodes has been completed. Hopefully, by the end of the year, they'll finish the voice recording for all 26 episodes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool. It's a little funny Nolan North has become the source for production updates in place of Greg Weisman who seems to be under a strict gag order.

• Like Like x 1