1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 29 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 17, 2017.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

That's correct. I would also list Samurai Jack season 5 in that category. I liked it, but I guess it was kinda deliberately bittersweet. How to anticipate YJ season 3, for me is very cautiously.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

2. btgr

btgr Member

Theory:
    Something keeps telling me that Daniela Bobadilla would be a suitable actress to voice Blue Beetle's friend Brenda Del Vecchio from the comics.
    According to my research, she worked with Greg Weisman on Rain of the Ghosts Audioplay & her character Miranda Guerrero from the Audioplay coincidentally has similar eye color, hair color, skin color & biracial nationality as Brenda.

3. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

Any info on whether or not Outsiders will be at NY comic con?

4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nothing has been confirmed for NYCC yet as far as I know. I think they would have announced something by now, if there was a panel this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if it would be strange or not for the show to not have a panel at NYCC after they had a panel at the last major Comic-Con...

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Weisman confirmed Deadshot is Floyd Lawton and he was born in 1975, Qurac has a better standard of living than Bialya, and events like Hurrican Katrina, 2008 financial crisis, and the BP Oil Spill also happened in Earth-16.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just, y'know, with the Justice League involved probably ;).

Not a good indicator of Queen Bee's leadership that Qurac has a better standard of living...

8. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Funny, BP gets mentioned after I watched the South Park Coon trilogy recently. And yet here we are.

Hard to imagine that BP happened 7 years ago

9. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Yikes. That's not looking great.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

#49 AdrenalineRush1996, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  11. Deshaded

Deshaded Member

Mine are tempered already seeing The Team lineup. I don't expect Weisman to stop adding characters, but I hope for more focus on the Original 6, who are missing from the official lineup. I think Babs is missing too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Barbara will probably be there as Oracle - that's something they wouldn't want to spoil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think, whatever Babs' status, we're definitely going to see her mentor Spoiler to some degree :).

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Brandon Vietti says no YJ at NYCC.

15. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

I expect it to be something similar as to when Futurama came back after cancellation. Meaning the show will still be good, but just not *as good* as it once was or what people hope. The mere fact that the years of speculation of a Season 3 will now lead to higher expectations for it when it airs.

16. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

I don't think that's fair. This is an entirely different creative team than that of futurama and unlike futurama, they're telling a story that is more or less the same as the one they would've told had season 3 aired right after Invasion ended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

If they do bring Scandal, will they also bring in her partner, Knockout

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

I think one of the reasons I liked the first season so much was all of the shipping - especially Spitfire. Some of the scenes between Wally and Artemis are soooo funny! I think it's unlikely Greg and Brandon will catch the lightning in the bottle a second time, but the show could still be superior.

Now, on to a different subject. I'm skeptical this new screening platform is going to work. I'm willing to shell out the extra money for a subscription, but will the parents of YJ's target audience be willing to do the same? I just don't know. I'm not a parent so it's hard to say if I would spend the money or not. Keep in mind that the only new content on this channel is going to be Outsiders and the live-action Titans. Obviously, I'll do whatever I can to support the show, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help but think Invasion would be more successful on Netflix.

• Like Like x 1
    #58 Marvelman02, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  19. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Invasion? You mean Young Justice: Outsiders? That and Titans are the only original content that we are aware of so far. That could change sooner than we expect. And some of the older content might be material that is not readily available such as the Lobo and Gotham Girls web-toons.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Still, unless they can offer new programming at least every four months I do not see myself keeping this streaming service for more than a month or two. Seriously how many streaming services does WB need? HBO Go, Boomerang, CW Seed, Part stake in Hulu, and they'll probably eventually create a separate service for just TBS, TrueTV, and TNT eventually. Oh, and Direct tv now might also count if the merger goes through.

• Like Like x 1