1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 29 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 17, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I may have misworded that. I meant "he once said he's a father", not "he said he was a father once". They never implied just how many offspring he might have. Considering he's been around since the Stone Age I imagine there are a lot of them, but I kind of doubt they would feature more of them on the show other than Scandal (if she does indeed appear).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It'd be fun to see Purcell pop up in Young Justice though I think he's probably still in Vancouver filming Legends of Tomorrow ;).
    I think there's a good chance for either, since she's likely playing one of the new team members :).

I'm not sure if they'll keep Mae Whitman as Steph since the only reason she probably played her in Steph's cameo was because it was convenient for a VA to double-up there versus having her as an ongoing character like she will be here. Be interesting to see if she could pull it off...
    It might be a logical place to introduce Damian and have him start out as the "anti-Robin" to Tim like he did in the comics :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was just expanding on your post. I wasn't trying to make any kind of correction to it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Before Outsiders was announced, back in 2014 on Ask Greg - Weisman did admit they had plans for Ravager, given enough seasons. So in the least, she was definitely on their radar and on one of their lists.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now I'm just imagining Artemis and Ravager together...that could be a lot of fun :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Anybody else think it would be Awesome if Swamp Thing & Constantine join Outsiders?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know, meta-human trafficking doesn't really sound like something Constantine and Swamp Thing would investigate, but I guess it would be nice if they showed up. If it were to happen, out of the two I'd like to see Swamp Thing more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

I'm sure Greg had plans before for Swamp Thing in the show. I mean for a No Brainer, Fred Tatasciore can legit reprise the role from Injustice 2.

9. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Of the two, Constantine did have a sidekick of sorts. So he could appear. As for Swampy, no. In terms of either of them joining the Outsiders, probably not.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

10. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

Maybe if Tim Hunter was taken some of the magic based heroes might be involved. There is also Tefe Holland/Sprout Swamp Thing's daughter which would surely get Swampy and Constantine both involved.

#30 Lonewolf36, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  11. Blue Sword

Blue Sword New Member

If there's a season four, I hope Cass Cain shows up. She's the only major Bat character that has yet to be adapted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

That is unfortunately true. Should she appear, I would love to see Kelly Hu voicing her.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

I wouldn't be surprised if we're introduced to Cass somewhere along this season. They did say there'd be more. Greg has been really good about accurately depicting the Batfamily so far and even giving Jason Todd acknowledgement. We'll see Cass at some point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Looking back on the past seasons, it does seem likely Cass might appear in Outsiders, though probably not as a costumed vigilante yet. Barbara appeared in the 1st season, then we had Batgirl in Invasion. Steph appeared in Invasion and now we're getting Spoiler in Outsiders.

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That's a good point. I can see her appearing in an adversarial role first alongside David Cain and/or Lady Shiva. Maybe even have her abilities to read body movement through these metagene experimentation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wouldn't get my hopes up on Cain doing too much. It's of course highly possible, but I'm sure the writers wanna concentrate on The Outsiders or returning characters.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  18. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope that you are correct - I felt that Invasion was too dispersed to give proper focus, and Outsiders 't seem like it will be any less diverse. I'd rather see them fill in rather than spam more characters.

Ultimately, I trust in G&B to do the right thing )

• Like Like x 3
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's also possible the season might focus on one of the new recruits, like Blue Beetle during Invasion. Out of the characters confirmed to appear so far, I don't really think any of them could be instrumental to a season long story-arc, but we'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

I think I need to temper my expectations regarding season 3. After everything it took to bring YJ back, I feel the series has achieved a mythic status in my mind that may be impossible for the producers to live up to. Expecting to be disappointed is too pessimistic a view to take, but expecting "Outsiders" to have the same magic as the first time I watched season one is perhaps expecting too much. The same way Star Wars fans might have expected "The Force Awakens" to be that magic moment from their childhoods. If you go in with that kind of attitude you can't help but be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1