1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 28 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Feb 23, 2017.

1. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

That actually could work.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

Thanks. One of the things I try to do when I speculate is that I try my best to look at the story from the point-of-view of the producers rather than the point-of-view of the audience. Wish fulfillment doesn't figure into it.

3. bat16

bat16 Member

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

You can forget Netflix being the home of season three.

Oh and in case you missed it, the season is titled Young Justice: Outsiders.

• Like Like x 5
  5. bat16

bat16 Member

here's a quick overview of S3
    "In Young Justice: Outsiders, the teenage superheroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of superpowers, super villains and super secrets. In the new season, the team faces its greatest challenge as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy."

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

As usual, The World's Finest, has the press details for the Young Justice: Outsiders announcement.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. mrbean1500

mrbean1500 Member

I'm conflicted on this move to make their own streaming platform. On one hand, they have complete control over their shows (they won't get cancelled asap and they can promote their shows the way they want), but I don't think casual fans of DC will want to pony up cash for another streaming platform.

I'll probably pay for the platform, if only just to show support for the Young Justice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

It's funny to me to see people all ready to crowdfund season 3 and then when it's time to put your money where your mouth is, people don't want to pay a few bucks for a new streaming service. This is amazing for DC animation.

If this proves successful, not only will we get a Young Justice season 4+ but we could see more DC animated shows picked up, maybe even a revisit of the DCAU.

As for the plot, this seems like a natural progression and I believe my theory about the Dark Side Club will come to fruition. I imagine a few team members will be kidnapped and made to fight eachother under Granny Goodness's watch.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

Or maybe even live-action shows coming back. I'm hoping DC will get Powerless moved there and get a Season 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

[​IMG]
    Can't wait for the new roster.

Apparently the Titans show that's been shelved by TNT is coming back here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

Oh I knew that. But I meant like live-action show revivals. Like maybe cancelling the animated Constantine and bringing back the live action one.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

It will probably be on another network outside the US.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Even though I was hoping for Netflix, this is pretty awesome too (and good to have a confirmed year as well.) I can see why some people would be hesitant to pay for another digital service, but as long as the price isn't outrageous, I'm willing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

There's also a chance that this service becomes an add-on to Prime like HBO is.

I hope that this means we can count on more information at comic-con. I'm a little bummed that we don't have an episode count still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

The whole reason I joined Netflix was to show my support for Young Justice. I will probably drop Netflix and sign up for this new service to show my support for the show.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Deshaded

Deshaded Member

I know it's silly to go off a subtitle, but it makes me think the show will expand as much as it did for Invasion. I was hoping the S2 cast would get more breathing time, before they got Zatanna/Rocketed out of the show.

also the synopsis for Outsiders sounds exactly like Invasion.....no new information at all.

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Yeah, worst case scenario is they try to introduce 10 new main character again and all the previous characters get sidelined or barely do anything. Wonder Girl did next to nothing in Season 2 and never got a proper episode outside of some small action scenes.

When will Greg Weisman learn that bloating the cast is not a good thing? I'd rather see a core few characters developed and focused on then 15-20 heroes that I don't care about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

With a subtitle like that, then we can possibly expect that team showing up.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

This means I won't get a Netflix subscription after all xD

Dang it. I really hope the Dutch Cartoon Network picks this up.

20. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I expected this to be out in 2018. I'm glad DC confirmed that before getting to the end of 2017. Young Justice: Outsiders certainly sounds like an interesting subtitle. I am happy that this DC streaming service could be the place for DC's future animation and TV shows.

Since Cartoon Network has cancelled nearly all DC's animated shows, they didn't really have anywhere else to go before now. TV is getting overstuffed with live-action shows so perhaps some smaller ones can be moved to the streaming service. Netflix would've been a good place to air season three of YJ since a lot of people don't want to pay for a new service. Hopefully the price is good and fans deem the service worth their money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1