1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 28 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the 28th installment of the largest Young Justice discussion thread online!

Series Description: New twists, turns and dangerous new threats for the Team. This series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

This thread is for general discussion of the Young Justice animated series and related products (i.e., comics, toys, etc.). Keep it locked at The World's Finest and toonzone News for the latest updates!

Previous Installments:

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Current Known News By Topic

Continuing from Part 27:

True, but I wonder which new character might get the season 3 focus... Starfire? Wonder Twins?

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Yojimbo, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I will say a bigger roster takes time to flesh out. We had a lk
    Iimited amount of time with the new heroes, and it failed to engaging. Except maybe Jaime.

If S3 gives us 26 eps and new characters, so be it. I will except it. I still would like those unknown Wildstorm characters. Maybe Gen 13 or Grifter will return. Just in moderation.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm just glad we finally have enough to talk about/speculate over to fill out a new discussion thread :D.

4. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

Regarding the Wonder Twins... We don't know in what capacity they will be appearing in season 3. They may not be leads.

New thought so separate post. It is probable that Wally will appear in some form in season 3. He will appear in flashbacks or rise from the dead. We also know that there will be a time jump. Is it possible that if Wally does return from the dead that he may find that Artemis has moved on? Even if Artemis isn't involved with someone else, she may have moved on emotionally. Imagine... the love of your life dies. You mourn him or her but eventually you move on. Even if Wally returns, can his relationship with Artemis ever be the same? If and when Wally returns from the speed-force or the 31st century or wherever he may have a shock coming.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged

• Like Like x 1
  5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

That would be the amazing thing if we see these new characters on a different Earth. Wally has to figure out how to get back. That way, the team we know is still intact, but these alternative earths show Wonder Twins and other new heroes.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

That would be really interesting! Wally with an alternate version of the team. I really want to see that now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

Reading all that potential season 3 info in the OP always gets me excited. I hope to see a few 2000s era Titans this season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Skelly

Skelly Member

Looks like he deliberately smeared out whatever he was working on! :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was expecting Bourassa would be back, though it'll be interesting to see how his design work back on Young Justice will compare his recent work as the main designer for the in-continuity Animated Feature productions and if one might bleed over into the other...

Though I'm probably not going to be able to help myself in looking for which of his designs get reused in season 3 for stock characters and the like :rolleyes2:.

Definitely curious to see his designs for any new characters, and if any will be characters he hasn't gotten to design yet (of which there are a few), and maybe even a few redesigns/new costumes for the old cast :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

With a new time-skip perhaps we will see the YJ version of Damian Wayne as Robin with Tim becoming Red Robin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Mmm, yeah, it's a possibility but personally I prefer they just focus on Tim because the DCU movies have Damian already.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I admit, I'm curious to see how Weisman and co. would handle Damian and his style of Robin on the Team, but I also think there's still a lot of mileage they can get out of Tim as Robin (and the rest of the season 2 Team).

Which is kind of why I'm hoping the time-skip is a lot shorter this time around :sweat:.

I kinda see Weisman keeping it short just so we can see more of Dinah as League chairman :rolleyes2:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I also brought up the possibility of Damian showing up in the next season in the last thread. I'm not his biggest fan or anything but Weisman would probably handle him a little differently than the direct-to-DVD movies. It's interesting but if they did have plans for Damian, they might predate the New 52 Animated movies before the show was cancelled like 4 years ago.

Honestly, I would be more interested in seeing Red Robin over Damian.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Not necessarily, she could be elected again in 5 years time. I don't think there was a limit to how many times you could serve total.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There is actually a lot about the League chairmanship that I wish they would expand on...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There is a lot about the League in general, not only their chairmanship, I wish they would expand on. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Hopefully we can look forward to seeing the YJ designs for Troia and Sergeant Marvel at long last...

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Skelly

Skelly Member

I know they were slated to cameo at Rocket's bridal shower but never showed up; I wonder if Bourassa did anything for their characters at all before now.

• Agree Agree x 1