1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 27 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deshaded

Deshaded Member

Wonder Twins, huh? I know every hypothetical season onward is meant to rotate The Team's roster, so I wonder what happens to the S2 team in S3.

Bumblebee/Guardian - out.
    Lagoon Boy - out.
    Blue Beetle - he got a whole season, so out.
    Beast Boy - stays.
    Static - stays.
    Impulse/KF - maybe.
    Tim Drake - 50/50.
    Wonder Girl/Batgirl - definitely stays.
    And we have the "core 6" that are staying on + Zatanna's storyline isn't over.

So in S3 The Team will probably introduce 3 to 5 new heroes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm 50/50. On one hand, it'd be cool if their roster is so big -- using just squads doesn't work and they'll have to do divisions with Aqualad leading on division, Batgirl leading another. But on the other hand, it'd be cool if some left the Team to form the Earth-16 version of the Teen Titans and be a public group like the JL.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

I don't think Blue Beetle is leaving. He may lose prominence, but his high prominence in season 2 tells me that we'll continue seeing him. Gaurdian can go honestly, that wouldn't bother me one bit. He was incredibly boring to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm guessing the shape of the season 3 roster will probably depend on how long the new time-skip is.

If it's short, we'll probably see only a few new members but with most of the season 2 kids still aboard. This would definitely be a good opportunity to better focus on and develop the members in season 2 who were out-of-focus because of the greater plot.

If it's a long one, then we'll probably see a roster shakeup on par with season 2's with a lot of new heroes mixed in with some of the season 1-2 group.

About the only member's who I see definitely staying on either way are the younger ones like Bart and Beast Boy.

Then there's the question of what the League is going to look like...

• Like Like x 1
  5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, if I'm not mistaken, didn't Weisman say they'll do the Marvels? I could see at least one of them join the team.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Marvels already joined the Team during the time-skip. We just never to to see them in the flesh in season 2.

Hopefully season 3 rectifies that ;).

• Like Like x 1
  7. the greenman

Ok. Was that in the comic? Cause I don't remember that.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I believe Greg listed Freddy as "Lt. Marvel" and Mary as "Sergeant Marvel" as having been Team members in the time-skip in a Toonzone interview or an Ask Greg.

Speaking of marvels...I wonder if Billy is still going to be referred to as Captain Marvel here o_O?

9. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I'm guessing that it will be a three-year time-skip. I can't see it being much shorter or longer than that. In terms of where that would leave the characters:

Aqualad: possibly a member of the JL?
    Superboy: still on the Team (maybe leader)
    Miss Martian: I reckon she could be on a leave of absence on Mars at the start of the season
    Tigress: possibly gone rogue by this point for whatever reason, like what happened to Red Arrow
    Batgirl: Oracle
    Bumblebee: off the Team
    Lagoon Boy: off the Team
    Beast Boy: still on the Team
    Robin: still on the Team (could be the leader if it's not Superboy)
    Wonder Girl: still on the Team
    Blue Beetle: maybe still on the Team or maybe not
    Kid Flash II: still on the Team
    Guardian: off the Team
    Static: hard to say, because he may be given the 'Rocket treatment' (joining the Team at the end of the season only to be off the Team in the next season)

I wonder if characters like Terra will be lost to the timeskip like Jason Todd and Ted Kord. I just hope that Troia and Sergeant Marvel will show up in this season, and I want to see Tempest again too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. the greenman

Even though Weisman isn't one to cross promote, be interesting if we see Black Lightning and daughters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Harlequinn

Pure speculation, I think the time skip will be about a year. Steph, Tim, Cassie, and Cissie are all still on the younger side of teen by the end of season 2, I think we'll see them all in season 3 at about the 15/16/17 range now

• Like Like x 1
  12. juan1193

juan1193 Member

I wouldn't mind some of the characters leaving the team and founding the Titans in this universe. I can see some of the older characters doing that if they don't make it to the League.

Aqualad: Either a JL member or leader of the team. Leaning towards the latter.

Tigress: Off the team. She goes rogue.

Superboy: Still on the team

Ms Martian: Still on the team or decides to stay on Mars. Leaning towards the former.

Nightwing: Off the team. He goes rogue and founds the Titans possibly.

Impulse: Still on the team

Blue Beetle: Either joins the JL or he remains on the team. Leaning towards the former.

Bumblebee: Off the team. Retires and starts family with Mal.

Guardian: Off the team. Retires and starts family with Karen.

Wonder Girl: Still on the team.

Robin: Still on the team.

Batgirl: Off the team. Becomes Oracle and founds the Birds of Prey.

Beast Boy: Still on the team

Arsenal: Off the team. Joins the runaways effectively founding the Outlaws.

Static: Either remains on the team or leaves and goes solo. Leaning towards the latter

Lagoon Boy: Off the team.

On the team: Superboy, Impulse, Robin, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy

Either/Or: Aqualad, Ms Martian, Blue Beetle, Static

Off the Team: Tigress, Nightwing, Bumblebee, Guardian, Batgirl, Arsenal, Lagoon Boy

• Like Like x 1
    #492 juan1193, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would honestly be very interested to see how the show might handle actually adapting one of the official DCU teen Superhero teams like the Titans or (comic) Young Justice compared to how they've handled the Team and shying away from those monikers.

I guess one major difference is they would be public and completely separated from the League.

14. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

Sometimes I think I'm the only one to feel this way... but much of my enjoyment of any show is based upon my emotional attachment to the characters. During the first season, I really grew to care about Connor, M'gann, Artemis, and Wally. I liked Robin, and I was kind of indifferent to Kaldur. I never grew to care about any of the new characters introduced in season two. I didn't hate them but I was indifferent towards them. There were just too many characters and not enough time to develop them.

So, Yojimbo, I respectfully disagree with you. I think a big roster works against the show even if it means we don't get to see the likes of Stargirl or Red Devil or Thunder and Lightning. Either keep the roster small or choose your leads carefully and develop them. Season 2 had its moments but overall there was too much stuff I didn't care about.

EDIT: Isn't it nice that two people on the internet can disagree with each other in a polite manner? Why can't the rest of the world be like this?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It helps we fans had a couple years to process. But we all bring interesting points to the table.

Speaking of... President Luthor in season 3?

16. Harlequinn

President Luthor seems like a logical conclusion to me regardless of what's going on in the world. :p It seems like something the Light would try to push. It would be interesting if he ran a platform on going after masked heroes and has Godfrey use his platform for that as well. As far as my predicted roster:

Aqualad: I think they're going to follow the comics and I believe we'll see him have a gay relationship. I think he's still leading the team. Atleast I hope considering that he spent all of season 2 undercover and we didn't get to see him on the team.

Superboy: On the team. I'm clueless as to where his story is going to go.

Miss Martian: Either on the team or on Mars. If she's on Mars then she'll only be MIA until they inevitably have a Mars mission.

Tigress: Rogue. Off the team.

Nightwing: Rogue. Off the team.

Bumblebee: Possible JL member? I don't see her back on the team with another timeskip.

Guardian: Off the team if only because fans disliked him.

Lagoon Boy: See above.

Blue Beetle: On the team. I doubt he'll have much plot.

Beast Boy, Batgirl, Kid Flash II, Wonder Girl, and Robin I'm sure will stay on the team. They need development badly.

As for the Terra comment, I wouldn't be shocked if a Judas Contract style plot happened in the time skip. Despite being on an alternate Earth, Greg usually is a purist with these bigger plots even if they aren't shown (See: Jason Todd). I wouldn't be surprised to see her as a hologram with the other deceased heroes.

As for completely new heroes we have reason to believe we'll see some combination of: The Wonder Twins, Starfire, Cissie, and Steph. We also know Greg has eventual plans for Raven, Cyborg, Rose, and Bombshell

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

Where/when did he say this?

18. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Wonder Twins is probably the most obvious new team members since they're the only Super Friends yet to be featured.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Should be all collected in this thread's first post in Current News spoiler tag under Season 3 Ideas and Archived Master List for potential Team members sections.

20. Deshaded

Deshaded Member

I'm with you, I was worried with the constant adding new members in S2 we wouldn't have character development anymore. I'm pretty confident however we will, since Weisman said he viewed S2 as still being about "the core six+Blue Beetle" and the show onward will at its core be about those six characters. (I agree w/ him, outside Wally the core 6 was pivotal to S2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.